U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2015, 03:30 PM
 
981 posts, read 2,207,762 times
Reputation: 1426

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I have had a rock thrown right near me by a BF if it wanted i hit me it could have
Yeah, that settles that! No photos, no videos, just hearsay.

"Perhaps, he dimly wonders why, is there no other such as I?...." (TLOBC)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2015, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,784 posts, read 4,501,379 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I have had a rock thrown right near me by a BF if it wanted i hit me it could have
We're all awaiting your proof that this was a bigfoot and not someone out having a couple of beers with buddies deciding to have some fun with the increasing number of "squatchers" roaming the area at night, trying to duplicate the "squatchy" behavior they've seen on the Travel and SyFy channels. Or a Ted Kaczynski type recluse living in the woods throwing stones to scare off outsiders who might interfere with his bomb-making activities.

As many have said (including me), no body, no proof. You and others make these claims of personal experience, but (no offense) most/all of us don't know you, were not there to personally evaluate your claimed experiences, and are in no position to evaluate these personal claims as objective truth, hallucinations, made up stories, or misidentification of other phenomena. From an evidentiary perspective, these kind of reports may be interesting stories, but they tell us nothing verifiable about the objective nature of the experiences, or their cause.

Back in the late 1960s, friends and I were out driving late at night through the bottomlands around the Rock River here in Illinois and saw something very tall and white cross the road a hundred feet or so in front of us and go into a ravine. One of my friends said, "what the hell was that?" and I replied, "I have no idea". Much later, my sister told me that around the same time, our brother was visiting a friend who lived in that area, heard something outside, and when he opened the door saw something tall and white with yellow eyes. All I can say about these experiences is: I still have no idea what they were, and in the absence of any other information, I have no way of labeling them in any way other than "unknown". Maybe it was an hallucination on our part, and my sister made up (or exaggerated) the story about my brother seeing the same thing. Maybe it was something paranormal; maybe it was bigfoot. Maybe it was just a very tall guy dressed in white for some reason of his own (that was my guess at the time). Who knows? That's why we skeptics say: show us the body, and we'll talk.

Last edited by Vasily; 10-25-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2015, 05:01 PM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,516,548 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
We're all awaiting your proof that this was a bigfoot and not someone out having a couple of beers with buddies deciding to have some fun with the increasing number of "squatchers" roaming the area at night, trying to duplicate the "squatchy" behavior they've seen on the Travel and SyFy channels. Or a Ted Kaczynski type recluse living in the woods throwing stones to scare off outsiders who might interfere with his bomb-making activities.

As many have said (including me), no body, no proof. You and others make these claims of personal experience, but (no offense) most/all of us don't know you, were not there to personally evaluate your claimed experiences, and are in no position to evaluate these personal claims as objective truth, hallucinations, made up stories, or misidentification of other phenomena. From an evidentiary perspective, these kind of reports may be interesting stories, but they tell us nothing verifiable about the objective nature of the experiences, or their cause.

Back in the late 1960s, friends and I were out driving late at night through the bottomlands around the Rock River here in Illinois and saw something very tall and white cross the road a hundred feet or so in front of us and go into a ravine. One of my friends said, "what the hell was that?" and I replied, "I have no idea". Much later, my sister told me that around the same time, our brother was visiting a friend who lived in that area, heard something outside, and when he opened the door saw something tall and white with yellow eyes. All I can say about these experiences is: I still have no idea what they were, and in the absence of any other information, I have no way of labeling them in any way other than "unknown". Maybe it was an hallucination on our part, and my sister made up (or exaggerated) the story about my brother seeing the same thing. Maybe it was something paranormal; maybe it was bigfoot. Maybe it was just a very tall guy dressed in white for some reason of his own (that was my guess at the time). Who knows? That's why we skeptics say: show us the body, and we'll talk.
On this forum we don't have to prove a darn thing. It is assumed that because of the forum name. You know the score. You act lke someone that practices PASSIVE ABUSE with your so sweet denials. i owe you nothing. You already admit to trying to fool and scam others. IMO Your credibility is nothing.

You talk about respect and want respect. Then man up and leave us alone.

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...es-please-read

Please read post #2

I SUSPICION THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE GOVT DISINFORMATION PEOPLE.

Last edited by Versatile; 10-25-2015 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: to ad TOS
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Maine
19,184 posts, read 22,874,810 times
Reputation: 23455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
On this forum we don't have to prove a darn thing.
No, you don't. But neither does it prohibit criticism or questions. The guidelines on this are pretty clear:

"Bigfoot isn't real" posts will still be considered trolling -- ONLY IF they are not qualified. In other words -- if a poster comes on and says Bigfoot isn't real and you guys are crazy. That's TROLLING.

If a poster says Bigfoot isn't real because there's no evidence that's a different thing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 09:11 AM
 
12,201 posts, read 11,516,548 times
Reputation: 4915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No, you don't. But neither does it prohibit criticism or questions. The guidelines on this are pretty clear:

"Bigfoot isn't real" posts will still be considered trolling -- ONLY IF they are not qualified. In other words -- if a poster comes on and says Bigfoot isn't real and you guys are crazy. That's TROLLING.

If a poster says Bigfoot isn't real because there's no evidence that's a different thing.
He asks me for proof. it is assumed here because of the type forum. Really i wonder why you come to these threads? Do you like trying to screw with people? Do you get satisfaction from that? Please tell us why. i have no desire to hassle you or anyone else over what they believe. I know people that have beentold bythe FBI to not be doing certain things in this BF world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Maine
19,184 posts, read 22,874,810 times
Reputation: 23455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
He asks me for proof. it is assumed here because of the type forum.
What type is that exactly? The forum is pretty free with allowing everyone to post whatever they like. But that doesn't means posts are free of criticism. Asking someone to back up their claims or offer some credible evidence isn't unreasonable.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Really i wonder why you come to these threads? Do you like trying to screw with people? Do you get satisfaction from that? Please tell us why.
Because I am interested in the subject. But that doesn't mean I am going to accept every tale without question. If someone tells me they think Bigfeet are actually house pets of the creatures in the flying saucers from the Planet Immodim A.D., that's all well and good. But it isn't out of line for anyone to respond, "How do you know that? What's your evidence?" It's a perfectly reasonable question.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
i have no desire to hassle you or anyone else over what they believe.
No one is hassling you. Some folks would like you to produce some evidence beyond hearsay and "Go look for yourself." If you're going to put yourself out there with these kinds of stories (for which I thank you), then you're going to need to expect some follow-up questions.

If I told you I ran into Elvis at 7-11 the other day, it would be perfectly reasonable for you to request some more information and evidence to back up my claim. If I came back to you with, "I don't owe you anything. You should go stake out the 7-11's of the nation yourself if you don't believe me!"

Well, if that's your reaction, I have to wonder why you bother posting at all. I have seen some folks trolling your posts. Ignore them. But I don't think Vasily is one of them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I know people that have been told by the FBI to not be doing certain things in this BF world.
What people? What things? Why on earth would the FBI care about Bigfoot?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 12:59 PM
 
5,720 posts, read 5,912,977 times
Reputation: 10720
OK, but where can I get further Snallygaster information?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,784 posts, read 4,501,379 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No, you don't. But neither does it prohibit criticism or questions. The guidelines on this are pretty clear:

"Bigfoot isn't real" posts will still be considered trolling -- ONLY IF they are not qualified. In other words -- if a poster comes on and says Bigfoot isn't real and you guys are crazy. That's TROLLING.

If a poster says Bigfoot isn't real because there's no evidence that's a different thing.
I'm not going to respond directly to Versatile on this point, but objective readers will note that the post he's attacking me about said absolutely nothing about the reality of Bigfoot. It had rather to do with the quality of evidence, and interpretation of said evidence. That's why I related my own story of seeing something strange.

Objective readers will also note that my post ended with: "Maybe it was an hallucination on our part, and my sister made up (or exaggerated) the story about my brother seeing the same thing. Maybe it was something paranormal; maybe it was bigfoot. Maybe it was just a very tall guy dressed in white for some reason of his own (that was my guess at the time). Who knows? That's why we skeptics say: show us the body, and we'll talk."

I'll leave it at that. Does that sound like trolling or "government disinformation"? Saying "I don't know what it was" isn't saying "there's no Bigfoot" or "believers are crazy".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,784 posts, read 4,501,379 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You act lke someone that practices PASSIVE ABUSE with your so sweet denials. i owe you nothing. You already admit to trying to fool and scam others. IMO Your credibility is nothing. ...
Please read post #2 ... I SUSPICION THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE GOVT DISINFORMATION PEOPLE.
And I suggest you read the following from post $2:

"Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea."

Apparently Vasily and other skeptics are not allowed to question what Versatile claims, and Versatile is free to engage in personal attacks, flaming, and insults directed toward said skeptics. I think that's called a double standard.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2015, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,784 posts, read 4,501,379 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Well, if that's your reaction, I have to wonder why you bother posting at all. I have seen some folks trolling your posts. Ignore them. But I don't think Vasily is one of them.
I'm here for the same reason you are, I'm interested in the subjects in this forum. Period.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top