Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 11:19 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,639,010 times

Advertisements

What do you guys make of this one? If it's fake, I think it's pretty well done, except the guys don't turn around while the chair was rocking, which would have made some noise, one would think:

Video shows a bar stool falls on its side without anyone near it | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 01:00 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,918,628 times
I gave up on videos as evidence the day I saw a video a few years back of a gnome on Youtube done by a 14 year old with CGI software on his laptop that rivaled the CGI in the Lord of the Rings movies. The "baby ghost" looks to me like a scaled-down man running with some distortion and transparency applied.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:45 PM

32,844 posts, read 36,146,359 times
If I think I've seen it with my own eyes, then I might have an opinion.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:50 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,180,211 times
Well, I rocked my very squeaky dining table chair.... No noise at all rocking it. There's nothing in it to make it squeak. If this is real, I totally believe they wouldn't hear an empty chair that is tipping.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:58 AM

122 posts, read 111,978 times
Technology has reached the point where my guiding principle is: Simply forget about any photographs or videos purporting to show the paranormal. They, including this one, are simply a waste of time. I am a paranormal experiencer and a firm believer in the paranormal, but the field was rife with fakes and hoaxes 125 years before technology had reached the point where, as now, any ten-year-old could generate convincing "evidence" in 30 minutes or less. (If you aren't familiar with the Cottingley Fairies, check out this hysterical hoax in which a couple of little girls made a fool out of the esteemed Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of the canny Sherlock Holmes.) Human nature being what it is, the temptation to fool others is irresistible - and faking the paranormal is one of the greatest temptations.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:51 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,639,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bo Pepys View Post
Technology has reached the point where my guiding principle is: Simply forget about any photographs or videos purporting to show the paranormal. They, including this one, are simply a waste of time.
Yep, I'm more likely to feel that it isn't a ghost because of this^^^.

It makes me feel sad, almost. The things that DO happen occur so quickly and are not usually under controlled circumstances (when one is watching), so I may never see a ghost. I'm tired of the proliferation of this "let's make a ghost video" nonsense because I take the paranormal very seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal