Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 12:15 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
We moved from metro Detroit to a very rural home in Tennessee.....Honestly...was just thinking this the other day...We went from squealing tires.... to loud kids playing.......to having low flying aircraft nearby and SHE COULD SLEEP through it........Here.....she will be laying on my bed at 3:09 AM and all of a sudden her head bolts upright.... starts whining and barking and low and behold when I let her out, there is a SQUIRREL 50 feet away......I just don't get it... Don't know about paranormal.......but it drives me nuts......total quiet here and she can go ballistic about an animal.....that she can't see but probably smells....
Dogs have millions of years of evolution behind them to make them good at hunting. It is how they used to have to make their living.

As for the squirrel she may or may not have heard the squirrel. But when she goes outside she sees, hears or smells it and that is what she is interested in.

She is probably on heightened alert as well since she may not be used to the new area yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 01:59 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway365 View Post
I have to ask..has anyone here experienced their pets barking or growling at something that isn't there?
I have a two-year-old black lab and every now and then he will literally snap his attention at something I personally cannot see. His ears slightly tuck back and he lowers his body as if he is getting ready to attack whatever it is. Like I said, this happens every now and then in different parts of the house. Today he did it again and went under one of our coffee tables as he investigated slowly. Could this be paranormal? Anyone else have any stories like this?
Well your general premise is that he can sense something you cannot....which is very understandable given that his sense of smell and hearing are essentially at "super human" levels.

I think we would all agree with this being reasonable.

Now is he spotting a ghost or is he hearing a mouse under your floor boards? Or is he hearing another dog barking a couple yards....or detecting a very minor quake....the possibilities are endless.

That's really where you're kinda out of luck because there are many phenomena that the dog could be noting most of which are normal stuff so who knows?

Old 12-29-2015, 06:01 PM

439 posts, read 521,334 times
When I was a teenager, one of my grandmothers was sick at the hospital and one night, my father's relatives called him and told him that my grand was really bad, so he and my mother left the house and went to the hospital. I stayed in the house with my other grandmother (mother's side) so we started watching TV and the dog was in the living room with us, all of a sudden, we heard a noise right at the door and we saw a shadow like two feet under the door, the dog started to bark and my granny asked me who was at the door, so I went and saw through the window and there was nobody outside the door, but we could see the shadow there and the dog kept on barking. So I told my granny that there was nobody there and she told me that it was ok and not to pay attention to that. Well the next morning, we found out that my other grandmother had died around that time.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:52 PM

206 posts, read 238,382 times
Pets respond to schizo mind control. Have cat who completely gave up litter box after I met group of NA/AA trying to make slaves to use to support themselves instead of working by mentally attacking people they met. Listened to dog, dog, dog, dog...While cat kept missing litter box over and over. Had to explain roommate already has a dog and he doesn't like other dogs. Cat is slowly getting better about litter box, previously she had never had 1 accident. Can lock cat in bathroom over weekend with just food/litter box to 'reset', keep cat's food next to litter box, leave it in one room enough...

Both cats and dogs can throw up or eliminate timed with anything....Just another 'fun' targeted individual/mind control problem.

Seems the big predator animals left in the US can be controlled too...Some people do not go walking in cougar country, also had bears, moose and wolves following some women around because she was supposedly on her period but probably the fetish of the local GAWD abuser...

Just another benefit of government allowing the wealthy to harm anyone in the country...

Old 12-30-2015, 01:03 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
I have to ask..has anyone here experienced their pets barking or growling at something that isn't there?
I have a two-year-old black lab and every now and then he will literally snap his attention at something I personally cannot see. His ears slightly tuck back and he lowers his body as if he is getting ready to attack whatever it is. Like I said, this happens every now and then in different parts of the house. Today he did it again and went under one of our coffee tables as he investigated slowly. Could this be paranormal? Anyone else have any stories like this?
There's clearly a demonic entity in your home. Declare the name of Jesus over it and it will leave your house.

Old 12-30-2015, 04:30 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS101 View Post
Pets respond to schizo mind control. Have cat who completely gave up litter box after I met group of NA/AA trying to make slaves to use to support themselves instead of working by mentally attacking people they met. Listened to dog, dog, dog, dog...While cat kept missing litter box over and over. Had to explain roommate already has a dog and he doesn't like other dogs. Cat is slowly getting better about litter box, previously she had never had 1 accident. Can lock cat in bathroom over weekend with just food/litter box to 'reset', keep cat's food next to litter box, leave it in one room enough...

Both cats and dogs can throw up or eliminate timed with anything....Just another 'fun' targeted individual/mind control problem.

Seems the big predator animals left in the US can be controlled too...Some people do not go walking in cougar country, also had bears, moose and wolves following some women around because she was supposedly on her period but probably the fetish of the local GAWD abuser...

Just another benefit of government allowing the wealthy to harm anyone in the country...
I'm sorry but what are you even talking about??

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There's clearly a demonic entity in your home. Declare the name of Jesus over it and it will leave your house.
That's a very creepy assumption.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:43 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:

No, our dogs have never done that.

But our cat occasionally appears to be looking intently at nothing. He'll look up and stare--not at a wall, but as if someone had just walked into the room.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:49 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,298,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
I'm sorry but what are you even talking about??
Well, the word "schizo" was in there, so...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 12-30-2015, 04:56 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selby View Post
From my experience I believe that some dogs are more sensitive and reactive to spirits around us.
That said, dogs do have incredibly sensitive ears and can often react to noise/ animals that they hear outside of the home that you perhaps didn't hear.

I've been involved in investigating the paranormal for years and you might be interested to know that I also have a Labrador that seems especially sensitive to the paranormal. When I have noticed my dog acting strange, I have turned on a digital recorder and I have caught anything from whispers to voices when I have been alone in the house. One time I recorded a voice acknowledging my dog by name.

My Lab will growl at sounds he hears outside of the house, but he cowers and dives into my lap when he appears to sense visitors in our home.
How do you explain that the recorded picked up voices you didn't hear? Presumably, if the recorded got them, it means they were within human range of hearing.

If you work with the paranormal, a recorder like that would be an important tool.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:49 PM

44 posts, read 44,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How do you explain that the recorded picked up voices you didn't hear? Presumably, if the recorded got them, it means they were within human range of hearing.

If you work with the paranormal, a recorder like that would be an important tool.

More often than not, EVPs recorded in silence are not heard until playback.

This site may answer some of your questions about EVPs and how they are recorded.

Technique: Basic Recording EVP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal