Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 04:08 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It could be that there are no non-man made spacecraft. It could be that if your grandmother had testicles she would be your grandfather.
Belief is a very powerful force and one to be reckoned with. However, a shattered belief is a very powerful and life-changing event. Be careful you dont shatter one of yours.

Other life forms can consist of anything we can imagine, depending on the environment they have on their home planet. For example, there are aliens which appear to be able to live quite comfortably in environments we would find very inhospitable such as Pluto or Mars.

It really depends on their biology and as Chango says, some may be one-sex, both-sex or no-sex and may reproduce by other means. We need to expand our minds to encompass all possible forms, not just the one science has directed us towards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 04:46 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Belief is a very powerful force and one to be reckoned with. However, a shattered belief is a very powerful and life-changing event. Be careful you dont shatter one of yours.

Other life forms can consist of anything we can imagine, depending on the environment they have on their home planet. For example, there are aliens which appear to be able to live quite comfortably in environments we would find very inhospitable such as Pluto or Mars.

It really depends on their biology and as Chango says, some may be one-sex, both-sex or no-sex and may reproduce by other means. We need to expand our minds to encompass all possible forms, not just the one science has directed us towards.
LOL, I do not think there is any danger of that. Especially with what I see posted on this forum. I cannot even get a simple answer to simple questions. The fact that lies have to be told here, such as Scientists are only looking for earth based life forms, shows that some minds are not as open as they would like to portray themselves. I wish people would stop trying to portray themselves as more intelligent just because they think they believe in things that other people do not.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:33 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,637 times
Astrophysicist Stephen Hawking says That the existence of extraterrestrials is a logical evidence demonstrated mathematically.....

Old 01-25-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
Astrophysicist Stephen Hawking says That the existence of extraterrestrials is a logical evidence demonstrated mathematically.....
What does he say about a hollow earth and aliens visiting the earth?

My guess that there is going to be more than a little selective acceptance here.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What does he say about a hollow earth and aliens visiting the earth?

My guess that there is going to be more than a little selective acceptance here.

Our mission is not to convince you.. emm.. do not get it as a personal consideration .. but.. the cosmic brotherhood is aiming very high

Old 01-26-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
Our mission is not to convince you.. emm.. do not get it as a personal consideration .. but.. the cosmic brotherhood is aiming very high
Nice misdirection but it answers my question just as well. Let us look at the evidence. You quote a scientist with what you feel backs up your theory as proof to those who do not believe you. You are asked a simple question on whether you would believe other things the scientist says or believe. You do not answer the simple question. From this we can deduce that you did not wish to answer the question because the answer is not convenient to what you are saying.

I find this a critical bit of selective cognizance among those that believe.

I do not need any more proof that this is all an exercise in mental masturbation. Though you may believe it does, it does not make you better than anyone else if you believe in something without proof or evidence.

When I was five I read a lot of Edgar Rice Burroughs and similar authors and believed there was life on Mars and Venus. I felt special because I knew something those stupid adults did not know. A few years later I started to grow up.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Interesting concept. A caveman would not understand today's jets, or even today's Mustang GT's. Heck a microwave oven making popcorn would terrify him. Why would we be expected to understand or even think of technology from a race 10,000 years or more advanced than us? There's no telling what advances in technology would be made.
Agree. Or, What if they're arriving / observing things from what we perceive as 10,000 years in a "future" that, to them, does not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Humans are stuck in a narrow paradigm and have difficulty visualizing things outside that paradigm.

For example, just because consciousness erupts from the biological processes of our brains doesn't mean that's the only way sentience can exist, or even if that's the ideal way to create sentience.

If consciousness could be sentient energy for example, you could cruise the cosmos at light speed whenever you wanted without a ship, supplies or the laws of physics holding you back. If you could convert yourself from energy to a material being and back you could easily do both.

Alien abduction accounts are full of examples of aliens walking straight through closed windows or even walls, not to mention abductions in "spirit" as well as physical ones. It's clear to students of the phenomenon there is a nonphysical component to the "aliens" that is beyond human experience.
Your last three words sum it up: "beyond human experience." I don't believe in linear time, so I can easily see how this is possible and is likely occurring all around us; our brains are just not developed enough to comprehend it. William Blake believed in the "eternal present," and this is a great link about Einstein's theories: Albert Einstein and the Fabric of Time

Hawking has another great page on this "everything forever" timelessness factor: http://everythingforever.com/hawking.htm

Old 01-26-2016, 09:08 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
LOL, I do not think there is any danger of that. Especially with what I see posted on this forum. I cannot even get a simple answer to simple questions. The fact that lies have to be told here, such as Scientists are only looking for earth based life forms, shows that some minds are not as open as they would like to portray themselves. I wish people would stop trying to portray themselves as more intelligent just because they think they believe in things that other people do not.
No, unfortunately I dont either.

If you listen to many scientists, there are plenty of examples of things we know from a scientific point-of-view which generally the general population does not know. Things such as quantum physics which is pointing the way towards space travel at seemingly faster than light speeds and time travel too. OK, so they are not here now in a developed state, but for example there are still people talking about "it is so far to the nearest star that it would take many years to get there". This is probably just not true any longer if the development of things go the way we are currently heading. These people who still believe we cannot visit these stars are obviously not aware of current technology and so continue to believe visiting such places as virtually impossible.

There are bound to be folks on here who are in fact more intelligent than others. There will be folks who work at scientific institutes and universities and who know the current state of science. Get over it, there will always be people who are more intelligent than us and also people who are less intelligent too. BUT it should not matter. WHY does it matter? If someone wants to set me right when I make a mistake, I thank them and move on, surely that is a healthy way to approach a lack of intelligence too? If you want to feel more superior than me for example, then I can tell you I never went to university but I have still managed OK. However, I will also tell you there are many people in this world who have Bachelors and Masters degrees who are not as 'worldly wise' or 'business wise' as I am, so it just depends on what is needed for survival in a particular environment.

Just because you would like your questions answered does not mean we have to answer them. Our reasons are our own and maybe have to do with our own personal situation or maybe we just prefer not to go off on a tangent discussion, who knows? It must be so frustrating for you too.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 01-26-2016 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 01-27-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Just because you would like your questions answered does not mean we have to answer them. Our reasons are our own and maybe have to do with our own personal situation or maybe we just prefer not to go off on a tangent discussion, who knows? It must be so frustrating for you too.
I know. Because you do not have the answers or the answers you do have do not support what you are trying to say.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I know. Because you do not have the answers or the answers you do have do not support what you are trying to say.

All in all it seems that you do not have bad reasoning.. but.. if you aim your efforts in a different direction, maybe you could get different results
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal