U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:12 AM
 
3,721 posts, read 1,629,539 times
Reputation: 7500

Advertisements

Earth is a glorious jewel.

Earth governments are being contacted by ETs for decades and probably longer than that.
So many political, capitalist and military advantages in keeping the Secret. Our technology is inspired by civilizations that are so far ahead of us it is beyond our comprehension.

Wake up World.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Maine
19,227 posts, read 22,932,386 times
Reputation: 23527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
How about this - just let folks who believe rest in peace without your continually asking for proof.
By that logic, no one should question someone's belief in unicorns or the Tooth Fairy.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. No one is entitled to their own facts. So if someone comes on and posts, "It is proven that aliens have an amusement park on the moon," then it isn't out of line for someone to respond, "Can we please see the proof?"

Keep in mind that this forum is "unexplained" mysteries and the paranormal. It isn't "unexplainable" and it sure isn't "unquestioned."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,805 posts, read 4,522,439 times
Reputation: 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Old Guard
... How about this - just let folks who believe rest in peace without your continually asking for proof. The people who want proof will go and find it IF they are that interested. The people like you who do not believe, will probably not bother with all the hard work of searching. Unless of course there is some other reason for posting.
What believers like yourself seem to be looking for is a paranormal group where like minded individuals can present their stories of the unknown without interference by nonbelievers asking for proof (or government plants like myself ). That's a support group, not a discussion group.

You have three choices, I think: (1) talk the moderators into turning this forum into a support group where questioning isn't allowed, (2) talk the moderators into replacng this forum with one for believers and another for skeptics, or (3) start your own believers-only discussion site.

Because those of us who question the evidence and ask for proof are probably not going to just go away and "leave you in peace". Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 09:55 PM
 
Location: PRC
4,554 posts, read 4,046,001 times
Reputation: 4049
It is not the genuine questions I object to, it is the pseudo-questions from folks who dont really want to hear the answer. For example, the answers to your questions have been given so many times that we must have lost count, and so now it is just a game which you play and we have to play ....if we must. Now you are going to say that no-one can answer your questions, and I am going to say look it up for yourself - if you are interested. There - I have done it - spoiled the game for you now.

You may say that the burden of proof is on us to prove aliens, UFOs,, ghosts, or the other unexplained things but for some things, there are enough people out there who have experienced some very real(to them) physical encounters. After a few thousand (or some number) witnesses to these physical encounters the burden of proof, I reckon, should move from us to you to prove that they dont exist. Of course, you dont agree with that but it is a perfectly reasonable suggestion.

We all know that repeatability is a problem with ghosts and other paranormal experiences. However, UFOs can be often pinned down to a likely area (such as near military bases where they do testing of advanced craft). At least that is something we may be able to agree on perhaps?

So, maybe we can agree that UFOs are mainly military craft which have not been admitted to yet? Can we? That would at least cut out some of the utterly stupid questions about needing proof of UFOs.

Most people dont want to give secret information out to other countries so I assume they are perfectly happy with the idea that we have such craft and will have strange and other bizarre craft we will develop in the future in secret projects. If the military insist on testing these craft where we can see them, then probably most people will be satisfied with that kind of answer.

It would move us away from a culture which is secrecy based and more towards an open dialogue about other things which are strange. Unless of course there is a sinister agenda of testing on members of the population in which case the military should be brought under control.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2016, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland
5,941 posts, read 3,013,831 times
Reputation: 5628
To think that a Government, especially ours, would share any information it had on alien life is funny. We would be the last to know. We would not share that information with anyone or any Country. We don't share our own advanced technology if it can be weaponized, so why would we share with others.


The Government would also not want to create a panic among Citizens, that would be a result of us finding out there are aliens that don't look like us and are way more advanced. Look at the extreme measures that Government goes through to hide less important stuff from us. If they where less than friendly, that would even be more of a reason for the Government to keep it secret, regardless of the Danger to us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2016, 06:09 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,168 posts, read 3,624,805 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
What believers like yourself seem to be looking for is a paranormal group where like minded individuals can present their stories of the unknown without interference by nonbelievers asking for proof (or government plants like myself ). That's a support group, not a discussion group.

You have three choices, I think: (1) talk the moderators into turning this forum into a support group where questioning isn't allowed, (2) talk the moderators into replacng this forum with one for believers and another for skeptics, or (3) start your own believers-only discussion site.

Because those of us who question the evidence and ask for proof are probably not going to just go away and "leave you in peace". Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.
Are you sure it is not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is not the genuine questions I object to, it is the pseudo-questions from folks who dont really want to hear the answer. For example, the answers to your questions have been given so many times that we must have lost count, and so now it is just a game which you play and we have to play ....if we must. Now you are going to say that no-one can answer your questions, and I am going to say look it up for yourself - if you are interested. There - I have done it - spoiled the game for you now.
I am genuinely interested. But I am sorry, I just do not find anything you post close to being convincing or enlightened. Nothing you have posted has ever been in my mind credible proof. You post pictures from agencies you do not trust that may look like certain things and say they are proof of something. To me it is a place to start but it is not proof. Take for instance the second post in this thread Controversial New Horizons Image of Pluto :



Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You may say that the burden of proof is on us to prove aliens, UFOs,, ghosts, or the other unexplained things but for some things, there are enough people out there who have experienced some very real(to them) physical encounters. After a few thousand (or some number) witnesses to these physical encounters the burden of proof, I reckon, should move from us to you to prove that they dont exist. Of course, you dont agree with that but it is a perfectly reasonable suggestion.
Well that is the lie that you tell isn't it? That because we do not believe what you say that we believe that there is no alien life out there. The two are not mutually inclusive. I do not believe that anything you have posted is proof of alien life but I do believe there is alien life out there. I would be interested if they were visiting earth but I have seen nothing close to proof of it. That does not mean I do not look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
We all know that repeatability is a problem with ghosts and other paranormal experiences. However, UFOs can be often pinned down to a likely area (such as near military bases where they do testing of advanced craft). At least that is something we may be able to agree on perhaps?
I do not agree with that. In the way that alien life can be beyond our scope of thinking, there is no way for anyone to know what the goals, purpose and intentions of aliens truly are. All you are doing is projecting your thoughts, wishes and whims onto a life form you nothing about and may be more intelligent than any human that has ever lived.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, maybe we can agree that UFOs are mainly military craft which have not been admitted to yet? Can we? That would at least cut out some of the utterly stupid questions about needing proof of UFOs.
No. But even if we did I would like to see proof of the military aircraft. It is not impossible for people to find out about military secrets and expose them.

Which reminds me, did Edward Snowden release any information of an alien conspiracy? Have any other whistle blowers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Most people dont want to give secret information out to other countries so I assume they are perfectly happy with the idea that we have such craft and will have strange and other bizarre craft we will develop in the future in secret projects. If the military insist on testing these craft where we can see them, then probably most people will be satisfied with that kind of answer.
The military has places to test the craft where we will not see them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It would move us away from a culture which is secrecy based and more towards an open dialogue about other things which are strange. Unless of course there is a sinister agenda of testing on members of the population in which case the military should be brought under control.
We are trying to have an open dialogue. To me you are the one keeping sinister secrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
To think that a Government, especially ours, would share any information it had on alien life is funny. We would be the last to know. We would not share that information with anyone or any Country. We don't share our own advanced technology if it can be weaponized, so why would we share with others.


The Government would also not want to create a panic among Citizens, that would be a result of us finding out there are aliens that don't look like us and are way more advanced. Look at the extreme measures that Government goes through to hide less important stuff from us. If they where less than friendly, that would even be more of a reason for the Government to keep it secret, regardless of the Danger to us.
So that is one government. ONE. What about the others? Not every government is friendly to the US, not every Government would care if stupid American citizens panicked by the result of "finding out there are aliens that don't look like us and are way more advanced."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2016, 09:14 PM
 
545 posts, read 505,275 times
Reputation: 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
To think that a Government, especially ours, would share any information it had on alien life is funny. We would be the last to know. We would not share that information with anyone or any Country. We don't share our own advanced technology if it can be weaponized, so why would we share with others.


The Government would also not want to create a panic among Citizens, that would be a result of us finding out there are aliens that don't look like us and are way more advanced. Look at the extreme measures that Government goes through to hide less important stuff from us. If they where less than friendly, that would even be more of a reason for the Government to keep it secret, regardless of the Danger to us.


This is true,,,look how long it has taking for Hillary Clinton's emails to be released!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top