Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:06 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times

Advertisements

Some of you know me as a typical uber skeptic who offers rational explantions. I am going to offer my own before I tell the story and say that this is a coincidence, but it is an odd one.

My front tooth is going to have to be pulled and replaced because of some sort of fracture near the nerve up in the gum. That is what makes this story strange--there is no visible aspect of it at all. I can feel it, but it is not visible. I have known since about September, but I waited for a return visit to get the final confirmation until last week.

This Sunday, I want to visit my mom. I walked in, and she immediately began to freak out asking me what happend to my tooth. I asked her what the heck she was talking about, and she asked my why my tooth was missing. She thought that the exact tooth that I have to get pulled, and will be missing for awhile until I can get the implant, was gone.

I had not told her about it. She had no way of knowing. There is nothing visibly wrong with the tooth. She saw soon enough that she was wrong.

If I didn't know better, I would say that she was seeing into the future.

Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 09:39 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Some people just randomly 'know' things and don't know why they know them.
My ex was this way. He lived miles out and with no phone. My cousin who lived next door to me left in the middle of the night to have her baby- she told no one.
When my ex arrived and we were talking about where she could be, he blurted out 'she's having a C-section....
How did he know!?
Psychic connection. We all have it, not all of us know it, not all of us experience it knowingly when it happens,

Old 01-26-2016, 11:24 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Some people just randomly 'know' things and don't know why they know them.
My ex was this way. He lived miles out and with no phone. My cousin who lived next door to me left in the middle of the night to have her baby- she told no one.
When my ex arrived and we were talking about where she could be, he blurted out 'she's having a C-section....
How did he know!?
Psychic connection. We all have it, not all of us know it, not all of us experience it knowingly when it happens,
^^^ Definitely agree. And if you say, "It's never happened before; she's never done this before, she's not a psychic" it's of no consequence -- it can happen rarely, once, or just very randomly, like OwlKaMyst says.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:26 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I had not told her about it. She had no way of knowing. There is nothing visibly wrong with the tooth. She saw soon enough that she was wrong.

Weird.
Maybe she's the Tooth Fairy?

Old 01-28-2016, 07:46 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Some of you know me as a typical uber skeptic who offers rational explantions. I am going to offer my own before I tell the story and say that this is a coincidence, but it is an odd one.

My front tooth is going to have to be pulled and replaced because of some sort of fracture near the nerve up in the gum. That is what makes this story strange--there is no visible aspect of it at all. I can feel it, but it is not visible. I have known since about September, but I waited for a return visit to get the final confirmation until last week.

This Sunday, I want to visit my mom. I walked in, and she immediately began to freak out asking me what happend to my tooth. I asked her what the heck she was talking about, and she asked my why my tooth was missing. She thought that the exact tooth that I have to get pulled, and will be missing for awhile until I can get the implant, was gone.

Weird.
Wow!

Old 01-28-2016, 08:14 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times

Old 01-29-2016, 10:47 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
^Which episode of CSI: Miami is that from?

Old 01-29-2016, 10:58 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
^Which episode of CSI: Miami is that from?
I think it was GSI: Denmark.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:38 PM

510 posts, read 500,374 times
Believe it or not, injured teeth can change colors and your mom have seen the change while you (who sees your teeth daily) have sort of "blended this color" with your healthy teeth in your mind.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:32 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen View Post
Believe it or not, injured teeth can change colors and your mom have seen the change while you (who sees your teeth daily) have sort of "blended this color" with your healthy teeth in your mind.
Nope. Nothing visibly wrong with it. She looked closely and realized as much.

In any event, she did not think it had changed color. She thought it was gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal