Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 06:27 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times

Advertisements

Going to change my name for the sake of the story. To get it, you have to understand that:

A) My Uncle does not have the same last name.
B) I live in SF and he on Long Island.
C) I have never given his number to anyone and don't even know it off hand as my mom keeps in touch.

Phone rings one night very late, around midnight-ish. He answers it.

"Hello."

"Is John Macallister there?" a female vocie inquires. More than a little surprised, he replies:

"No. He doesn't live here."

"Is John Macallister there?" the voice, now more insistant, demands. Now thoroughy perplexed, he says:

"Well no, but if you need to get a message to him, I can arrange that."

Caller hangs up and never calls back. I am sure there is a rational explanation, again, taking into account:

A) My Uncle does not have the same last name.
B) I live in SF and he on Long Island.
C) I have never given his number to anyone and don't even know it off hand as my mom keeps in touch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 06:54 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Great thread idea, sheena, and good stories. I am going to sleep with the lights on now.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:32 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Something weird used to happen on an old computer I have, not a phone. Many times when I would turn the computer on I could here a mans voice coming from the speakers. The man was just rambling on, talking and laughing but i could never make out what he was saying even when the volume was turned up. There was never anyone else's voice, just this one person who talked continuously. It made no difference what web page or site I was on or how I navigated the internet. This voice never stopped as long as the computer was on. It got to the point I was really getting creeped out because no matter what I did the voice wouldn't go away. I no longer ever turn that computer on. It just sits in my spare bedroom.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:46 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Nothing frightening. Years ago, the landline phone would ring, I'd pick up and could hear two women in the middle of a rather serious discussion. They couldn't hear me. It happened several times, and it was the same two women. If you're going to call from the great beyond, at least use the correct number.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:32 PM

513 posts, read 646,225 times
Several years ago, I had to take my daughter to the ER for dehydration. I called my mother to let her know what was going on. In the middle of our conversation I hear a wail of what I can only now describe as despair.
My mom heard it as well. I honestly can't explain it. It started off low and increased in volume before trailing off. There was no other interference during the call. My husband was standing beside me and didn't hear a thing, it was definitely a sound coming through the phone.
That was my only encounter with phone sounds and I forgot about until reading some of these stories.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:09 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
My mom died in the early 1980s. A year and a half later I was attending graduate school in another state. I was living in the upstairs apartment of an old house off campus when the phone rang in the middle of the night.
A woman immediately told me that she was so sorry to learn of my mom's death.
I did not know this woman, had never heard my mom speak of her, and when I tried to respond to her she immediately hung up.
I was not in the phone directory listed under this number as the phone belonged to the landlord.
A call from ''the other side''?

Old 02-03-2016, 09:31 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman
(she had lost 4 different husbands, and my sister told me the last one died on this particular date years ago )
Why would she be afraid to talk to them?? (Unless she didnt get along with any I suppose)

Old 02-05-2016, 12:08 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Good read on great mystery topic Sheena; I'm convinced the afterlife keen for phone and electronic communications.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:19 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Just set a tapearecorder up and press record... They can pick up ANYTHING IN THE ROOM while OUR EARS cannot... (Then when you play it back you may be able to hear it also )

Old 02-05-2016, 03:58 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This stuff really creeps me out. I once watched an episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories. I don't remember who it was but he told a story about a friend he had while growing up in the ghetto or very bad part of town. As his friend grew up, his friend lived a life of crime and committed all kinds of really bad crimes, probably including murder. This friend himself was killed in a violent way at one point when they were both in their twenties I think.
After his friends death, the celebrity was at home and the phone rang. He picked it up and he could hear his friend's voice, screaming and begging for help, begging for anyone to help him and get him out of there as if he were being tortured. This went on for about a minute or so and the phone went dead. He said it was definitely his friends voice.
He did everything he could to try to trace the phone call but the phone company told him there was no call to his house at that time although his wife heard the phone ring and she was there when the celebrity picked it up. There was no way he could have imagined it.
That was one of the creepiest Celebrity Ghost Stories I'd ever seen.
Wow! I watch "Celebrity Ghost Stories" when I come across it. This one has to be one of the most frightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal