Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 02:02 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,763,878 times

Advertisements

A bug peed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 02:30 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
OP, had you previously opened a refrigerator or freezer, even briefly? There is always some water/humidity in a room, even in an arid area. Many people don't realize it but drops on the outside of a glass of ice water in a warm room come from the air.
When you open a freezer or refrigerator door, one or more drops of water can and do form where the chilled air meets the warm air. It happens all the time but people usually don't notice it.
I've never noticed that and have never had a drop of water the size of a raindrop come from the freezer and hit me. When my occurrence happened, I wasn't near the refrigerator. The drop fell straight down as if from the ceiling but the ceiling was totally dry and there was no condensation anywhere.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
a micro burst

Old 01-31-2016, 06:47 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
A bug peed.
Water bug.

We have saliva glands in our mouths and sometimes a drop can be squirted out. It would not come straight down though although it could appear to I suppose. Did you have your mouth open at the time? Even then one would expect to see a small row of droplets, not one large one. Other than that I have no idea.

Condensation does not make sense. Even when the humidity is so high on a hot day the water runs off the walls, nothing drops from the ceiling. The ceiling would be the warmest place in the room and is of a non conducting material so does not form a cool surface for condensation to form on. In a steamy bathroom with a hot shower going on a cold day all bets will be off. Those ceilings drip!

Old 02-02-2016, 08:33 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Some of these logical explanations sound more far fetched than anything paranormal, lol.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:07 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Something weird happened to me about a year ago and I thought I would throw it out there and see if it has ever happened to anyone else because I still occasionally think about.
I was standing in the kitchen of my house when out of the corner of my eye, I saw what I thought was a drop of water falling a couple of feet away from me. When I looked on the counter, I saw a small wet spot where the drop would have landed. There was no water anywhere else, just the drop on the counter.
Now, I live in the desert with hardly any humidity, it wasn't raining outside and my roof doesn't leak. My water pipes are not above the ceiling and the ceiling showed no moisture or wet spot. This has never again happened. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I know it sounds crazy and I keep trying to think of a logical explanation. I keep telling myself that seeing the drop fall was just an optical illusion and the drop on the counter exactly where it would have landed just a very strange coincidence.
Water drops are frequently a sign of poltergeist activity, as are small pools of water with no natural explanation.

I do not think they are a message from a departed loved one, but others may disagree.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:14 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
Quote:
Something weird happened to me about a year ago and I thought I would throw it out there and see if it has ever happened to anyone else because I still occasionally think about.
I was standing in the kitchen of my house when out of the corner of my eye, I saw what I thought was a drop of water falling a couple of feet away from me. When I looked on the counter, I saw a small wet spot where the drop would have landed. There was no water anywhere else, just the drop on the counter.
Now, I live in the desert with hardly any humidity, it wasn't raining outside and my roof doesn't leak. My water pipes are not above the ceiling and the ceiling showed no moisture or wet spot. This has never again happened. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I know it sounds crazy and I keep trying to think of a logical explanation. I keep telling myself that seeing the drop fall was just an optical illusion and the drop on the counter exactly where it would have landed just a very strange coincidence.
Because you still think about it and it's been so long, I'm inclined to believe that, yes, you saw this, and it happened, but I don't know why. Have you had any experiences in the house since then that stand out? Could be a one-time thing, maybe not. But I don't doubt that you saw it and that it certainly could have come from some spirit form you weren't able to detect with your six senses.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:38 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
Likely you have a playful menehune at work.

Twilight hours are best to develope a "relationship"

you can never command an audience.

They are not harmful nor bring any information.

They love very small bells. Polished bright and real metal.

Bell should be no more than 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch better

Install them around your garden and hang about 5 inches above ground.

Near very old big trees is best.

They must not be in your line of sight.

Keep one to initiate play.

This is second hand from a woman I know who visited her Uncle on Kuaii.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:21 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Some of these logical explanations sound more far fetched than anything paranormal, lol.
I was just going to post this sentiment. Maybe a mouse relieved itself on the counter when you weren't looking. Maybe you were crying and didn't notice. Maybe you were unaware your nose was running and you bent down over the counter and only saw the drop later. Maybe a rain cloud created a few drops and one was blown into the window and landed on your counter.

Aye yi yi.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:43 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
Maybe you had a dog or cat that shook its head and saliva flew out of their mouth?

Maybe a bug flew over and peed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal