Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 PM

503 posts, read 772,436 times

Advertisements

It's been a strange week....

- in a 3 day period I kept seeing people that resembled a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in a few years. I kept thinking that I needed to contact her to say hi. I texted her a hello and she responded with a quick hello. I saw on Facebook the next day that her grandmother had passed away the day prior. Its my feeling that I was being told to contact my friend to support her.

- we were getting ready to list our house and I told our realtor we would be under contract within a week. My husband and I discussed our bottom line prices.... Well - we are under contract within the first week and the buyers countered with my exact bottom line price (383000).

- playing Guess Who with my son - I guessed the correct person 4x in a row within the first 2 rounds. This may sound silly, but this does not normally happen. By the 4th one he was ready to quit.

I feel that my intuition can be pretty strong at times - guess this past week i am on a roll. Should I buy a lottery ticket?!

My real question for those that experience coincidence/intuitive experiences - do you find they happen in clusters or is it a pretty steady occurrence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 06:43 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Is this the first time this has ever occurred to you? Can you answer your own question in regard to yourself?

I sense that this is more coincidence than intuition for you. The mere fact you ask about clusters is why I'm leaning toward coincidence.

I played around with numerology recently. Much like astrology, the tarot, and other parlor games - I cant say I believe in numerology, but it was interesting to find that I am a Karmic number 9, and then read a rather astonishing account of what that karmic number symbolizes.

You might want to buy a lottery ticket for the fun of it - it at least sounds like you are having a coincidently lucky week, but I would keep in mind that all people who experience intuition, or claim to be psychics would also be lotto winners if these alleged skills were to be believed.

Then again, I think I remember reading once that such gifts cannot be used for personal gain. Since your house came to be sold at your bottom line for it, that may be true.

Who knows - but all you need is a dollar and a dream, so why not try? Best wishes!

Old 02-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Is this the first time this has ever occurred to you? Can you answer your own question in regard to yourself?
My intuitive experiences have more centered around relationships (looking back). I always "knew" that someone wasn't right for me - I could never articulate the reasons why and at times it was very difficult. When I met my now husband I knew he was the one for me and everything made sense. This is more of a situation experience for me and not something that happens in clusters.

My psychic experiences in the past have manifested themselves in dreams in the past. Have not had it happen in a while. Not sure if they happen in clusters or not.

Not sure about the coincidental incidence timing in the past because its hard to say if something is coincidence or not. I have had experiences where a person I know pops in my head and sure enough either they have passed away or someone close to them has or they have some major happening going on. Weird. Certainly not on a regular basis.

My thought process in posing the question was for people who are intuitive and/or psychic - is it a constant ability or does it come and go?

(I was half kidding about the lottery ticket!)

Old 02-05-2016, 07:46 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
My intuitive experiences have more centered around relationships (looking back). I always "knew" that someone wasn't right for me - I could never articulate the reasons why and at times it was very difficult. When I met my now husband I knew he was the one for me and everything made sense. This is more of a situation experience for me and not something that happens in clusters.

My psychic experiences in the past have manifested themselves in dreams in the past. Have not had it happen in a while. Not sure if they happen in clusters or not.

Not sure about the coincidental incidence timing in the past because its hard to say if something is coincidence or not. I have had experiences where a person I know pops in my head and sure enough either they have passed away or someone close to them has or they have some major happening going on. Weird. Certainly not on a regular basis.

My thought process in posing the question was for people who are intuitive and/or psychic - is it a constant ability or does it come and go?

(I was half kidding about the lottery ticket!)
I think its constant if you focus on it. I don't think psychic equals intuitive. I once saw a psychic that I think was truly psychic. I don't believe MOST people who claim to be psychics truly are. She only worked with law enforcement to help solve crimes, and received no compensation for her efforts. She was truly amazing and had a great reputation with police.

Intuition is more like being in a prominent position, say on a mountain top - where you have a clear view and where if you look - you can see things that aren't immediately apparent in everyday interaction. Your knowing when someone wasn't right for you is an example of taking that extra few seconds to really look, and think about what you are truly seeing.

The thing about being constantly focused in either state is it makes you sort of like Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood. Initially, in the show, she cant stand being in a room full of people because she can hear what everyone is thinking. Who wants to know what everyone in room full of people is really thinking??

I'm not sure any of us could truly handle walking down Broadway, and instantly seeing and thinking about everyone's true nature as the thongs of them pass you on the sidewalk.

Intuition is more of an awareness and once someone sparks your awareness, how can you ever forget?

One thing about intuition to be aware of, you can misinterpret - just like in everyday conversation, you can misinterpret what they really mean, as opposed to what they want you to know. Or, just like standing on that mountain top, you really have to focus, or what you think you see can prove to be a mirage.

(I'm not kidding about the ticket. Since you are at least having a good run at guessing, it would be interesting to hear if you picked even close to the right numbers! )

Old 02-06-2016, 12:40 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Half kidding or not, you are on a roll! Buy a lottery ticket!
I don't believe in the personal gain taboo...that's Charmed fluff stuff. Astrologically, I'm not supposed to gamble at games of chance. And for the most part, I do stay away from such thing because the odds are against me. But I have those moments; it's not a 'I feel lucky' it's more like a ...go this way....I get drawn towards or put into the situation and I always come out a winner, big winner too.

I think you are experiencing an ebb and flow of intuition, awareness and connection with other energies. It happens to me as well.
I do have a constant and consistent level of connection and awareness, but there are those times when it's just one thing after another.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:15 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
shes a restless spirit on an endless flight.....

I believe in intuition...just got to be careful...the unknowns can inhibit and haunt you

I use to think I have a 6th sense...when meeting people/places for the first time
when my son was younger, he was invited to a birthday party on a lake,,,,i got all twisted up about this because my 6th sense was telling me,,,,don't let him go, don't let him go...some kid is going to drown or get seriously hurt..
he really wanted to go...so I compromised, I told the parents that lived on the lake,,,that I was going to stay thru the festivities- and when I got there the "something is going to happen" feeling was even stronger
I was the only other parent that stayed and this of course embarrassed my son,,,,

I stayed,,,and kept a close eye on everything....the mother even said "you've got to let them go sometime"

nothing happened to any kid ...that was good enough for me,,,but started to question,,,,,where does this end??
and then did my best to turn off any intuitions

Old 02-07-2016, 07:14 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times
It may be a variation on the Cognitive Bias of Frequency Illusion. Ever get a new car and then it seems like you now see them everywhere? If you are now (consciously or unconsciously) "looking" for patterns or "coincidences", those that randomly do arise will be magnified in frequency...over-represented. You still might want to but a lottery ticket...just in case!

Old 02-07-2016, 10:34 AM

We are going through a period of change and uncertainty with our living situation. It will be another year (possibly 18 months) until we get to our more permanent situation. This past month has been especially crazy as we are living in temp housing until a rental comes available in our school district. So yes, a lot of unknowns and open ended situations that we have been living with for a while. Perhaps this is my minds way of reassuring me that everything is going to work out for the best!

Old 02-07-2016, 10:43 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Within the school of thought in manifestation, when there are a number of coincidences, it means you are going in the right direction.
I can relate to the moving situation. We had not planned a move, but that's what we are needing to do. Hardest part is finding a place.
Much luck to you!

Old 02-07-2016, 11:12 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I have had clusters with "luck". I got a message that I had won an office pool we do as a sidebar to a lottery group, about $150. Two days later I won $400 on our state lottery cash 5, which is the only one I play each week. I knew "the window was open", so I drove down that weekend to Atlantic City and stayed for two hours and won another $150. Then it was done. The window closed, but that was all in 5 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal