Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 05:47 PM

964 posts, read 993,891 times

Advertisements

Consider that the psychic told you tarot readers are bad luck so that you might take your business to the psychic and stop seeing the tarot reader. Tarot readers are psychics, btw. The cards are mainly a mechanism for them to tune into their abilities. The other psychic doesn't want you going to her/his competition.

It seems you've had a bad year. Think about having a feng shui consultant come to your apartment, and see if that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 05:49 PM

964 posts, read 993,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
What's going on in your life that's so bad that you have to seek fortune tellers? Well, other than the whole "friend" that might had a thing for you situation. By the way, how's that going?
He addressed that on his other thread. Family issues and other problems.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:24 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
I've been reading tarot for near 25 years. Prior to my study and work with the cards, I had plenty of struggles and bad luck. But I also had great fortune in good ways. Life did not change for the worse or better once I did pick up the cards.

Others have said much of what I would have said- the main one to point out....the psychic that 'confirms' tarot is bad just wants your business exclusively. I would NEVER pay a psychic who uses such tactics, it's dishonorable.

Another thing I want to mention, not all tarot readers are psychics. Some just read the cards and know the meanings of the cards....now that contradicts what I say about everyone being psychic. Everyone has the potential to be psychic, but many have not connected with, or believe they have the ability, yet, still read cards.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:30 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
While I love divination ,tarot always gives me the worst vibes so I simply don't use it,I wanted to illustrate my own tarot deck even.But once I used tarot and woke up with four large bruises on my body,it invites something that's for sure.

For me they can be bad luck,when I get bad cards I start to feel a certain inescapable doom.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:13 AM

643 posts, read 471,288 times
No such thing as luck or is there anything to tarot card readings. Its all random chance. Although I have a set and love the look and design of the symbolism there is nothing to it.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:17 PM

6 posts, read 5,715 times
It really depends.

For anyone to handle Tarot cards, or ant other cards, for the purpose of fortune telling, they have to have permission from a higher power. From what I read, this is because there is a special energy attached to the cards and the art of reading. This energy guides your hand and the cards to fall in a certain sequence that pertains to the person that you are reading for.

If you have divine permission, you are able to read cards with almost no consequences (such arts always require some sort of sacrifice). If you don't have permission, it is possible for sinister energy to attach itself to the cards.

It happened to me actually. I decided I wanted to try Tarot cards, and I was really putting my energy into opening my mind to that other dimension. But I didn't have permission to go ahead and read. But I did a couple of readings, just for practice. Not for anyone, just by myself. After that I had a couple of weeks of bad luck - just thing after thing falling through, and I kept having nightmares and felt a presence. So I dropped it.

I am not religious, but I am spiritual, and there's a lot of coincidences in my life that could almost pass for psychic ability. I guess I could be called a "sensitive".

My advice for you is almost the same as another posters on here. Open your heart to light. Misfortunes happen to everyone, this is so we can endure and learn from them. This is what we are here for, to stretch the soul and fill it with strength.

However, there are some instances where we are pulled from our paths by malignant forces. This is when bad things just keep happening with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes these periods of life go away on their own depending on how strong your will is. Other times, when it consumes you, you are allowed to seek help from psychics and healers. They can help you identify if your aura is broken and needs fixing.

But my suggestion is, don't dabble with fortune tellers everytime some little thing goes wrong. This is bad and can bring more misfortune.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelu View Post
It really depends.

For anyone to handle Tarot cards, or ant other cards, for the purpose of fortune telling, they have to have permission from a higher power. From what I read, this is because there is a special energy attached to the cards and the art of reading. This energy guides your hand and the cards to fall in a certain sequence that pertains to the person that you are reading for.
Do you know the original poster?

Old 04-16-2016, 09:20 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Did you ever see the movie "The Skeleton Key" with Kate Hudson?

She learns that voodoo/magic cant be used against you if you don't believe. Likewise, it can kill you if you do believe. In the movie, her downfall was showing she believed.

I once saw an old man die in an ambulance because he believed getting to the hospital would kill him - like it wasn't a safe place.

The mind is a very powerful organ that not even science fully understands.

Tarot is all about you. YOU pick the card that represents you, and not wait for a supernatural force to make the card that represents you crawl from the deck. YOU shuffle or cut the cards before the reading.

If YOU believe the cards caused you bad luck then they did. If YOU believe you cannot experience bad luck, then you probably won't.

Just my thoughts...

Old 04-16-2016, 09:29 PM

170 posts, read 188,599 times
OP, Tarot is a tool that just reads Energy patterns and translates it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal