U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 07:22 PM

19,189 posts, read 22,893,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'd like to point out that the black helicopters seem to be an implanted false memory that is used with some abductees, as I was told by a Mufon investigator years ago. The woman who lost her baby I mentioned, also had the "dream" that night that there were black helicopters flying over their home. In reality, her in laws were watching a UfO that hovered over the house for 30 minutes.
There is no such thing as "implanted memories" except in science fiction.
Rate this post positively

Old 06-13-2016, 01:11 AM

4,532 posts, read 4,027,376 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as "implanted memories" except in science fiction.
And.. you know this how?

We already know hypnosis is a powerful technique and we also know that the government is messing with people's heads in various ways. Now, unless you actually know something you are not telling us, then it IS quite possible that some university or government-funded lab somewhere has managed to place fake memories into peoples heads in order to cover up or distort actual events.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:58 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,614,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And.. you know this how?

We already know hypnosis is a powerful technique and we also know that the government is messing with people's heads in various ways. Now, unless you actually know something you are not telling us, then it IS quite possible that some university or government-funded lab somewhere has managed to place fake memories into peoples heads in order to cover up or distort actual events.
I think many of the alien abductions could fall into this category, where people under hypnosis were led to the "memories" by a skilled hypnotist.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:30 AM

19,189 posts, read 22,893,373 times
Quote:
And.. you know this how?
The same way that I know that the CIA isn't giving people injections to make them telekinetic assassins, and how I know that Boxcar Willie really wasn't a lizard man in disguise.

Quote:
We already know hypnosis is a powerful technique
False. We know that hypnosis has had very little proven clinical use. It does, however, have a long history of fraud and misuse. Remember the whole furor of "recovered memories" back in the '80s that were proved to be entirely bogus? Hypnosis has no proven clinical value, but it does make for great entertainment. It is in the same category as sawing a lovely young lady in half on stage or pulling a rabbit from a hat.

Quote:
Now, unless you actually know something you are not telling us,
Guilty. You caught me. I confess. I am a Man in Black. Cardinal Fang, bring out the comfy chair.

Quote:
then it IS quite possible that some university or government-funded lab somewhere has managed to place fake memories into peoples heads in order to cover up or distort actual events.
Anything is possible. It is possible that Elvis and Jimi Hendrix faked their deaths and were actually taken to the Mothership and are even now orbiting Venus and munching on mackerwave pizzas. But is it likely? Do we have any credible evidence that such things are happening? No.

If you have any credible evidence that there is any such thing as implanted memories, let's see it.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:47 PM

9,558 posts, read 3,707,364 times
Quote:
And.. you know this how?

Exactly. It's pretty odd myriads of people just "happened" to have the same cover memory, are attracted to hummingbirds, ect. There are a list of traits that abductees seem to have, but these are the only two on the list I read, decades ago, that I remember. And the people that I met personally, were unaware that these "red flags" existed, yet they all shared them.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:20 PM

2,202 posts, read 1,579,491 times
So-called aliens are angels both bad(demonic) and good (heavenly) in orbs traveling . They don't abduct folks so abduction by aliens is baloney.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:46 PM

15,912 posts, read 12,024,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I don't believe in alien abductions for the simple fact that while aliens would have an advanced intelligence (large heads and whatnot) it would be at the expense of their physical make-up. One punch to their massive candy-filled piñata heads and all their smartness would be scattered on the ground like gumballs falling across the floor. Can't tell me that not one abductee would never have had the opportunity to punch one of these braniacs in the melon at some time. the annihilation of their crew would be child's play at that point and cause the flying saucer to crash and be put on display at some state fair somewhere.
lmao!

Old 06-21-2016, 03:04 AM

4,532 posts, read 4,027,376 times
Quote:
...They don't abduct folks so abduction by aliens is baloney.
Try telling that to someone who has been probed and had their bits harvested. I think it is safe and cosy to tell yourself these things and go ahead if it makes you feel any better.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who disagree with you, but you carry on. Thats fine. At some point and after a few thousand perhaps, the numbers speak for themselves because the odds that they are all misguided and mistaken are too much to ignore. But not by you it seems.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:38 PM

21,033 posts, read 6,059,302 times
Quote:
Try telling that to someone who has been probed and had their bits harvested. I think it is safe and cosy to tell yourself these things and go ahead if it makes you feel any better.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who disagree with you, but you carry on. Thats fine. At some point and after a few thousand perhaps, the numbers speak for themselves because the odds that they are all misguided and mistaken are too much to ignore. But not by you it seems.
There is actually a book written by a catholic priest comparing the modern day alien abductions to the old demonic possessions, I cant recall the name of the book, but do remember he found the 2 incidents are almost exactly alike in every way.

Ive always wondered if alien abductions are more common that most people suspect, maybe most 'victims' are never able to even remember the event, maybe only certain people have the ability to recall these things?

I do have to wonder what their motive would be though, especially if its been happening for 1000s of years, I mean, they would not need to continually abduct fresh specimens again and again if they were just trying to learn about us, but I would imagine we could not even understand the real reason behind it, its likely well above our intelligence level.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:10 PM

5,793 posts, read 4,508,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is actually a book written by a catholic priest comparing the modern day alien abductions to the old demonic possessions, I cant recall the name of the book, but do remember he found the 2 incidents are almost exactly alike in every way.
The only Catholic priest I'm familiar with who has made statements in this area is Vatican demonologist Monsignor Corrado Balducci. He doesn't believe the aliens are demons at all, but rather that there's some physical reality behind them -- that is, that they're aliens. He's also speculated that if they exist, they may even be more spiritually advanced than us.

There's an Orthodox monk, Fr. Seraphim Rose, who speculated that the aliens were demonic manifestations intended to deceive us. He cited several of Jacques Vallee's writings in his book "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future". So maybe you're thinking of him? (by the way, Fr. Rose was not speaking for the Orthodox church -- there's no Orthodox Vatican or power structure, and at least some of his writings were rather heretical in nature so many consider him suspect as a giver of spiritual advice)

It's been years since I read Vallee, but as I recall he got to the point where he believed there was something physical in the UFO phenomenon as well as something non-physical. One of the recurring themes he mentioned was the offering of some kind of bread-like foodstuff to those they encountered. I believe he covered this ground in Passage to Magonia?

Quote:
I do have to wonder what their motive would be though, especially if its been happening for 1000s of years, I mean, they would not need to continually abduct fresh specimens again and again if they were just trying to learn about us, but I would imagine we could not even understand the real reason behind it, its likely well above our intelligence level.
A point Vallee made -- he sees all of these manifestations as some kind of attempt by someone or something to impart a message to us over the millennia, but they may be so strange in their way of thinking that we're unable to "get it". The abductions in Vallee's view would be another message that we're unable to decode. As I've pointed out, it's difficult to justify this repeated sampling from a scientific perspective if you assume they're far beyond us technologically; if you want to duplicate genetic material, all you need is a few samples -- and we're not that many decades off from being able to engineer our own genetic makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.