Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:50 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

Orbs are called dust particles by some. I don't think so. I am sure that they are indicative of spirit manifestation.

If you think they are dust or something like that, I've already heard it.

For those of you who believe as I do, but would like to tell me more, please do!

How can you tell if the Orbs are benevolent - or not?

Why do they appear in some pictures - taken around some people, and at certain times, and yet in the same exact place at a different time, do not appear?

When you are looking at a house to buy, and they appear, are they welcoming you, or not? How can you tell?

These Orbs were white, some more translucent, others more opaque.

I can post the pictures if anyone is interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Orbs are called dust particles by some. I don't think so. I am sure that they are indicative of spirit manifestation.

If you think they are dust or something like that, I've already heard it.

For those of you who believe as I do, but would like to tell me more, please do!

How can you tell if the Orbs are benevolent - or not?

Why do they appear in some pictures - taken around some people, and at certain times, and yet in the same exact place at a different time, do not appear?

When you are looking at a house to buy, and they appear, are they welcoming you, or not? How can you tell?

These Orbs were white, some more translucent, others more opaque.

I can post the pictures if anyone is interested.
I believe they are spirits that are just wandering around on a different plane of existence. I'd love to see those photos.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Your wish is my command! Coming right up!

Old 03-03-2012, 05:25 PM

Old 03-03-2012, 05:26 PM

55westminster031.jpg picture by linpenn21 - Photobucket

Old 03-03-2012, 05:28 PM

Took me a little while but here you go. The young man surrounded by orbs in the finished attic is my 18 year old son. He wants this as his bedroom.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I've never had orbs appear in any of my photos but when the realtors photographed my niece's house for a sale listing, every single shot had multicolored sprays of light in every single photo--some of them resembling angels. They were beautiful and had the appearance of "beings of light". When my niece asked for the negatives (this was 20 years ago), they wouldn't give them to her--they said they had destroyed them. They did tell her that no other house on that roll of film had any anomalies of any kind show up.

I have also seen photos taken by someone I knew who was part of a New Age spiritual group on tour inside the Great Pyramid and there were arcs of light between the upturned hands of the leader of the group. The photos were taken during a meditation.

I honestly don't know what to make of orbs or other manifestations that appear on photographs. Orbs can be explained away as tiny droplets on the lens of the camera but the other odd photographic light displays have me mystified.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Sheena12,

that is a very interesting pic. Are there others? I am amazed how many orbs are there. Some of them are very weak, which is interesting too. Do you know the history of this house?

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-04-2012, 01:08 PM

20yearsinBranson, that is what I found interesting also. Some of the orbs are bright and almost opaque, where as others are large and translucent.

I am still researching the history of the house, but this is what I know about it so far, and about the area. It is in a neighborhood that was once one of the most desirable in Wilkes-Barre. This was where the doctors, attorneys, business owners, and higher ups of the once flourishing coal and railroad industries once lived. (The actual Coal Barons would have lived on River Rd. with a view of the Susquehanna) The area was neglected in the 50s through 80s and is now making a come back.

Many of the homes are Queen Anne Victorians, Tudors, Dutch Colonial Revival and American Fore Square.

I am psychic, and from the first time I saw the house I felt a strong impression that it had been once the home of a stern religious man, his equally formidable wife, and 5 or 6 children. I also flet a spirit of an older woman and a dog and cat.

I felt nothing negative of foreboding, not even in the finished attic or the finished basement, both of which appeared to have been finished in the mid 50s. The bathrooms appear to be original, nd are art deco in style, fully covered in ceramic tile.

I have since learned that it was once the Parsonage of the Presbyterian Church. So there's the devout, stern man. It was built in the late 1920s and replaced the first Presbyterian Parsonage, a cold and drafty Victorian that burned in a fire. This was built as a "modern home" with two bathrooms, a nice size yard for an in town home, a front staircase for the family and a rear stair case for the help. Judging from the size of the maid's room thee was only one.

The house was sold in 50 something to another man with a rather large family. He built the in-ground pool, cabana, and updated the kitchen. He left most of the Fore Square intact with the exception of a few attempts at modernization - he removed the graceful pillars that separated the living room from the formal dining room, and removed the beautiful from staircase and replaces it with white wrought iron.

He did the same with the front and rear porches, changing the porch pillars to white wrought iron, as was popular in the 1950s - 60s.

In the mid eighties through 90s the house was abandoned. I am still trying to find out why.

In 2002, the home was bought by an unmarried man and his girlfriend. Their only change to the home was the replacement of the woodburning fireplace with a remote control gas fireplace. He did remove the leaded glass book shelves that once surrounded the fireplace, in order to instal the gas fireplace.
He ended up foreclosing on the home when his girlfriend left him in 2006.

The home finally "closed" on the foreclosure this year. We are currently in negotiations with the bank.

It has been confirmed that the first occupant had a large family, but that several of them succumbed to Scarlet Fever. This does not frighten me, because I know that in a home of that age, the possibility of a person or people passing from natural causes, an illness or childbirth is rather high.

A murder would be a whole other thing.

Any one get any feelings from these orbs? Other photos taken in the attic show no orbs. It is not believable to me in the least that dust particles would cluster only in one area of the attic of a 2500 square foot home. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
This stuff scares me to no end. I lived in an apartment in my 2nd year of college with three roomates and experienced more than I wanted to really experience that could not be explained. We later found out that a young man had commited suicide there several years prior to our living there. We didn't get details of what exactly happened. I didn't want to know what exactly happened but I never felt "alone" even when I was there by myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal