Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:36 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,103,317 times

Advertisements

I have had 3 experiences, one shared by my wife, but I cannot say that they were positively ghosts. What I can say is that they were unexplainable, and certainly what one could consider possibly paranormal. I am open to the existence of ghosts but have not seen anything that proves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 04:00 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
There have been a number of threads on this topic over the last few years, but I'm not finding them. Not sure what a non-paranormal ghost story would sound like, but here are stories I've told here before ...

I've lived in two houses I'd describe as "haunted" - one was the house I grew up in, the other was an old farmhouse I rented with friends when I moved out of my grandparents' house before going away to finish college.

The house I grew up in probably was built in the 1870s, and I always found the attic creepy. The stairs to it were in the bathroom, and I'd keep an eye on the door when I would take a bath. Up in the attic, we found years later that there was a hidden room at the top of the attic stairs that contained childrens' toys and a blackboard, and showed signs of a fire. My father (who worked late) would often see a dark shadow figure crossing the dining room and going into a small side room. One night my mother and sister called me into that side room, and there was the sound of a woman sobbing but no one was there. Beds would sometimes shake, and one night my brother started yelling and said he saw something small and dark trying to climb onto his bed, which was shaking like something out of the Exorcist.

The house I moved to was a few miles away, and on the north edge of town. There were voices, the sound of breathing, touching, the sound of heavy objects being dragged or falling down the attic stairs, curtains moving against windows when there was no wind and no A/C or furnace running, cold spots, sparkling lights in the corner of the room, smoke like figures rising from the dining room table, shadow people, and one night a friend and I stood in the grassy area next to some cherry trees on the north side of the house listening to unseen people walking or running between us.

My grandmother and her cousin were mediums, and when I was 4-5 years old they would have seances in the dining room using a spirit board and I often wonder if they stirred something up, which followed me to the new location. They also like to use pendulums and crystal balls for scrying, and I think granny had some connection with the Rosicrucians because she got a lot of mailings from them. After I moved away, I never had an experience like that again. Well, except for one night almost 25 years later when I woke up and felt a dark presence in the bedroom and sprinkled holy water and said the Jesus Prayer until it lifted.

The impression I got was that whatever intelligence was behind the active and hostile activities, it was not and never had been human -- and did not wish us well. Assuming my memories of all this are reasonably accurate (a big if given what I now know about the nature of memory), it's hard for me to think of them as a misinterpretation or mutual hallucination.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
My Dad's story about the old Mulligan house is a non-paranormal ghost story. In a nutshell, He and his buddy got conned into going into the old haunted house by the older kids. While in there, they saw a ghost pulling a chain....and my dad asked him why he was pulling a chain....

The ghost answered him...."Did you ever try to push one?"

Great story great payoff, and the way he told it held your attention and thrilled you....and wasn't real, so...a nonparanormal ghost story.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:09 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,938,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Great story great payoff, and the way he told it held your attention and thrilled you....and wasn't real, so...a nonparanormal ghost story.
Good one.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:51 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Good one.
My dad was a riot...once my sisters held a Halloween party, and me, being so much younger, was NOT a part of the party...

Till my dad rigged up one of white business shirts on a hanger, stuffed with an old sheer curtain and a flashlight. He took out the screen in my bedroom window, and we danced it around in the dark in front of sliding glass door...

Took a minute, but we had 14 screaming teenagers in the game room!!!! After that, my sisters let me down with them for a pop and cupcake while they told scary stories....

Old 01-19-2017, 06:15 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,967,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
Hey guys - well ive always been the one to make up excuses when weird things happen, which is not normal. But ive always wondered if there has to be something else in this world.

I havent experienced anything in many years until I moved into my house. Its nothing too crazy but gives me a bit of concern. So, I am a third shift worker and I usually go to the gym around 2 or 3am (on my days off) coming back home from the gym, I notice the bottom lock is activated. Id figure why my fiance keeps locking that bottom lock...i never told her anything and this been happening everytime I go to the gym. So, after 2 to 3 weeks of this happening, I told my fiance to stop locking the bottom door and she replies saying she never did that. Why would she wake up at that time to lock the door in the bottom. And I told her, no its locking...she started to freak out saying dont tell me that. So, I just said, could be an auto locking mechanism or something since she is a scardy cat :P

Occasionally I here strange noises wondering if its my cats making the noise - but I wont know since I sleep in the day time. I am also too chicken to set up a camera to find out how that door is locking by itself.

Anyhow, it has not happened in the past 2 weeks but occasional noise, almost like I here someone walking around - but I am thinking its just my cats. But the few times I go out when I hear that, my cats are laying in the couch. So maybe they just run to the couch?

Anything for you guys
Movement of any object, including the mechanism of a lock, is done by thought when spirits are involved.
Every action a spirit has, is a result of thought by that spirit.
One has to wonder since they have no physical body, or brain(as we know it), how are they capable of thought?
I don't believe we humans have that capability to know things like this.

Now one more point you mentioned in your post, and many others in ohter threads and post have as well.
You stated hearing what sounded like footsteps.
Now, one must know the physical attributes of spirits to understand that "hearing footsteps, of feeling added weight on a bed while in it, are just about impossible to attribute to spirits.

Spirits are weightless.
They have no physical structure other than "cloud like", or "mist like", therefore they have no weight, and they could not possibly make the sound of walking, or possess enough weight to make an ordinary bed feel like added weigh was added to it.
These are nothing more than some people's interpretations of things they have no reasonable explanation for.
I have spent many years researching spirits, and have "talked " with many through evp, as well as communicating with my deceased partner over the years.

My experiences have given me a wealth of information, and I feel confident that what I have learned, has opened a door to an area few will ever have the fortunate experience to see as a human being.

Bob.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:34 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A few months back, someone posted a link here to ghost stories of real occurrences cops experienced while doing routine checks at abandoned hospitals, or closed (out of use) wings of hospitals, and various other locations on their rounds. Also, there was another link to nurses' stories who worked in ICU's.

Too many stories from reliable people for there not to be some form of existence after death, IMO.
Oh that nurses link had many many postings. You could spend a couple hours on them and they were all excellent. If anyone finds that one can they repost. It was a link to a nurse web site (I think) and there was a thread about nurses seeing ghosts in hospitals and other paranormal and odd things they experiences. Some was when patients just died or were about to die.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:15 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2bab View Post
We lived in a house for 12 years that had 4 (for sure) and possibly 5 active spirits. One seems to have attached to my daughter when she was an infant, and has been with her ever since. We moved out of the house when she was 10, and this spirits has been with her every where she has lived. It has even assaulted a couple of abusive boyfriends.

Interaction with the other 3 spirits was practically a daily occurrence for all three of my kids, but the one that attached to my youngest was only seen by her. (The possible 5th spirit was only supposedly seen by my alcoholic ex-husband, so I'm no sure about that one.)

Now my youngest daughter's son, age 6, apparently is sensitive as well. He talks to the spirit like it's a perfectly natural thing to do.
How did it do the bolded? What happened?

Old 01-21-2017, 11:35 AM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,996 times
Quote:
A few months back, someone posted a link here to ghost stories of real occurrences cops experienced while doing routine checks at abandoned hospitals, or closed (out of use) wings of hospitals, and various other locations on their rounds. Also, there was another link to nurses' stories who worked in ICU's.

Too many stories from reliable people for there not to be some form of existence after death, IMO.

Loved reading those!!

Old 01-21-2017, 01:03 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,553,488 times
Quote:

What's Your Best Nursing Ghost Story? | allnurses

You're welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal