U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:29 AM

919 posts, read 427,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsleeves View Post

I also have a weird..sensation. When I am near sick people. Is this normal?
For example, when I am in the grocery store and I walk by someone who looks completely normal, I feel black from them. I just feel a wave of black. I immediately know they are sick and sometimes I can feel where. I remember walking by a woman who was just radiating black. And I knew immediately that something was wrong with her lungs. Its hard to explain.
Another odd thing I experience that i thought was normal: I lucid dream every night. Ive heard its not good for you too.
Everyone's got a sixth sense to some degree & yes, it is said that spiritual 'gifts' are often inherited.

Those who feel anothers pain/illness, even emotions, are called clairsentient. That'd be you.
It also sounds like you may be able to see energy patterns, auras, around living things.
One can do simple exercises to see if they've got the (latent) ability to see auras & if they do, practicing can open it up.

While relaxed sitting, bring your index fingers close together but not touching. Focus on a point between the fingers, not the fingers themselves. Move them away slowly to a few inches & then slowly bring them back close together. A plain background helps.
Many will see a thin light glow around their fingers.
You could also practice looking at people with a white or solid coloured wall behind them.

Seeing a glow around a person, tree or animal for e.g., is just the beginning. Adepts say that there's 7 layers to an aura, reflecting the 7 energy centers (chakras).
Black as you've correctly determined, is a negative energy that usually signifies illness.

If you try the exercises, let us know the result.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 06:15 AM

919 posts, read 427,649 times
I've 'just known' things since I was a child. A few examples;

When 14yo, my parents were out. I had a bad feeling & 'knew' that something was wrong with my fraternal twin (we were never close) I told my siblings that our brother was in trouble & went looking for him. When I returned home, the police were there looking for my parents.
My brother had been hit by a car & had a fractured skull.

At 18yo, a house-mate & I were heading out to meet up with friends for dinner. Some good looking girls were also coming so we were keen to get there asap.
Another house-mates brother turned up as we were getting ready to leave & he was acting strange. When we drove off, I told my mate to go around the block, I 'just knew' that our mates brother was going to break into our home.
My mate thought I was 'off my head'. Him being a gambler, I had to bet him whoever was wrong had to pay for the others dinner, before he'd circle back.
I caught the brother climbing through a back window.
My mate was really freaked out that I knew the brothers intentions & would corner me for days after, demanding a better explanation than 'I don't know how I knew, I just knew'.

Another that sticks in my mind, was a mates, wifes sister, who was a scoffing skeptic. My mates wife kept insisting that I read her sisters palm. Not really wanting to, because her sister was skeptical to the point of dismissive rudeness, I casually looked at her palms & told her that she'd be going to Canada & the U.S.. Both trips would be unplanned & out of the blue, that both trips would be payed for & that she'd really enjoy herself.
She haughtily scoffed saying that she had no interest in seeing either country; 'It'll never happen' she said scornfully. I can't explain how I 'knew', those sorts of things just come to me.
Within the next year, her best friends wedding was cancelled. The honeymoon to Canada had been paid for, (on a cruise ship from memory), so she'd only have to pay for anything while ashore.
A few months later, her boss fell seriously ill the day before a business trip to the U.S.. As his P.A., she had to accompany her bosses replacement & bring him up to speed on the flight to the U.S. & before each meeting. All expenses were paid & most of each day was free-time to do as she pleased.
She loved both trips.

When Trump declared his nomination for President, I 'knew' that he'd win, despite the polls, the media & most people laughing at the idea as ludicrous. If George Dubbuya could win the Presidency, anyone could, lol.

The irritating thing was, when I went through a stage where I had an intense interest in palmistry, tarot & mediumship, I regularly drew a complete blank with some people.
How & why I 'just knew' things (or why I'd draw a blank) is still something that I cannot satisfactorily answer.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:26 PM

67,500 posts, read 62,994,000 times
My sister was told when she was young that she would have a marriage that was somewhat unconventional tand that she would have two sons and a daughter.

She is white and her husband is black, which was less frequent an occurrence when they met in the 70s than it is now. She could not have children. But her husband has two sons, now grown men, from his first marriage whom she refers to as her sons, and she and her husband adopted a daughter 28 years ago.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:34 PM

Sometimes the stuff I get is so trivial. Actually, most of the stuff I get is trivial.

The company I work for proposed on and won a contract with a public agency. That information was posted on the public agency's website. We knew that other companies would also get contracts for the same work, but for more than a month, we were the only one listed on the site in that category. I checked regularly to see who else got an award.

So Monday I get to work, turn on my computer, and clear as a bell comes the words in my head that another company is now listed. I went to the agency's website, and yup, there it was. Must have been just been posted.

But...so what? LOL. I was going to check anyway. Somehow the universe felt it was important to tell me first before I got there.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:08 PM

29,118 posts, read 28,147,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sometimes the stuff I get is so trivial. Actually, most of the stuff I get is trivial.

The company I work for proposed on and won a contract with a public agency. That information was posted on the public agency's website. We knew that other companies would also get contracts for the same work, but for more than a month, we were the only one listed on the site in that category. I checked regularly to see who else got an award.

So Monday I get to work, turn on my computer, and clear as a bell comes the words in my head that another company is now listed. I went to the agency's website, and yup, there it was. Must have been just been posted.

But...so what? LOL. I was going to check anyway. Somehow the universe felt it was important to tell me first before I got there.
Most of it is trivial. Why do I need eggs right now? Why do I need to pick up my suit from the cleaners today rather than tomorrow?

I really hate the long, slow, grumble, and that's what usually happens. That's more about being aware than being psychic.

Last edited by Gerania; 03-24-2017 at 09:23 PM..

Old 03-24-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Most of it is trivial. Why do I need eggs right now? Why do I need to pick up my suit from the cleaners today rather than tomorrow?

I really hate the long, slow, grumble, and that's what usually happens. That's more about being aware than being psychic.
I get what you're saying, but aware is different. This was the thought-voice clearly telling me something inside my head out of nowhere.

Yes, I know that sounds a bit demented lol.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:57 PM

2,778 posts, read 2,453,826 times
my wife is psychic but she can't see anything for me or our family because we're too close to her.

She dreamt she saw her big boss at an event with his wife and that his wife was crying but he was standing apart from her and that it was ok for him not to go to her. She told him about it and it happened just as she described it 2 weeks later when they attended an event at the auditorium where their late son had performed. she was being comforted by her girlfriends.

My wife had a strong feeling in the beginning of 2016 that she would lose her father sometime during the year. Her father fell ill around thanksgiving and passed in Feb 2017 so she was slightly off. Now she thinks her youngest sister will die before any of the other siblings but still fuzzy if she will die before their mother.

My daughter was having a vision of a blonde haired girl at school faint everyday but could never tell who it was until the day it finally happened during a blood donation event and she caught the girl from falling to the ground. Just as it was about to happen she excitedly said to herself 'this is the day! this is the day!' as the scene she was seeing lined up with her vision.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:42 PM

6,007 posts, read 3,808,356 times
You want a laugh? I made up a silly jingle for an imaginary restaurant called, "Grubb's Family Restaurant (and live bait!)" for my husband just to make him laugh yesterday. Today in the mail I got not just one but TWO offers from a lawn care service, offering to "control my grubs." Apparently I'm psychic about grubs.

Seriously, I seem to have some weird connection with radio. I have said, verbatim, words that came on the radio only seconds later. One time on a road trip I said, "That song sounds like it's from the 1980s, but it's not, it's current." The DJ came on after the song finished and said the exact same words. My husband and son were both like, "What the heck?" And I do it really, really often. It's not good for a darned thing, but it's interesting, anyway. It happens with TV sometimes, too. But way more often with radio.

Many years ago when "chat rooms" first started, I was in one about art. Someone in Florida said something like, "Is your husband's name ___?" And the person was correct. And then they said they could see that I had a scar on my abdomen (I do.) It was odd... they knew so much about me... things I hadn't told anyone, even. Pretty soon most of the people in the chat room were asking for "readings," but this person said that they just connected with my energy, for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal