Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
No, Rbbi1's answer is spot on.

Love your screen name. I have 3 of them plus 2 Himalayan. I breed them, and I have 3 litters right now, 10 kittens in total, and they are adorable little balls of fluff. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 01:19 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Spirits, all spirits MUST obtain absolute purity before ascending to what we humans think of as "heaven".
In that struggle to become pure, spirits need to learn, and that is done through many lifetimes.

Many believe when a soul leaves the body, it automatically wings it's way to this heaven we humans talk about.
That is not the case.
It inhabits a sort of way station, where it meets other spirits it knows, and will be judged on it's progress by elder spirits.
It may climb up another step on it's journey toward purity, or may not advance at all, but will never regress.
This is why the Roman Catholic Church invented Purgatory: to explain in their theological system how souls can make up for their shortcomings prior to the Resurrection.

I'm Eastern Orthodox -- what you're describing is what is known in Orthodoxy as the Celestial Tollhouses; you ascend through them and are interrogated by angelic beings (your elder spirits) to pass from one tollhouse to the next. This is considered at best a metaphor useful to monastics as they work toward perfection, and at worst a heresy derived from Gnosticism, probably from the Cathars. Most of us today outside certain monasteries consider it a heresy (which actually means a partial truth blown out of proportion). There is, as someone wrote long ago, nothing new under the sun -- including the "theories" of the New Age movement.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:59 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
Nothing works believe me,sweeping,shamanic rituals,cleansing etc.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:15 PM

643 posts, read 471,288 times
Personally I have never seen anything that can not be explained by rational deduction. I think that some people are more predisposed to feeling like there is something around them they can not explain. I think the only thing I had happen to me that was a bit weird is I took a photo of the myrtles plantation mirror and it had a weird red blur through it. Like a light streak. I had no flash and the 35mm was perfect on the frame before and after.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:32 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Plant flowers around your house. Its a Pa dutch/ amish folklore that bright colors drives off evil spirits and sickness. That's the origins of the hex sign on barns. Plus they look nice.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:43 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,473,619 times
Wallmart sell a product guaranteed to get rid of spirits. I'll post a link later.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:38 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Could you tell us what exactly what is going on? There are different remedies for different hauntings.

Not all activity is "demonic" - some is, but most is not.

First CLEAN YOUR HOME or APARTMENT! Get into every corner. Make shure the windows are clean. No dust. No clutter. Rid your self of all dirt. Metaphorically and materially.

GET RID OF IT! Old photographs of people you do not see or like - including relatives. Rip up in quarters and burn or throw away. Get of of clothes you no longer wear. Give to a charity or have a yard sale. DON"T HOARD! Open the windows! Let the sun shine in!

When everything is spotlessly clean - a place for everything, and everything in it's place - I mean model home, mother in law coming to visit.

Let me know. Without a CLEAN house - smudging, salt or anything else is worthless.

Like putting lipstick on a pig.

Last edited by sheena12; 05-30-2016 at 06:49 PM..

Old 06-03-2016, 08:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
While what you have listed is symptomatic of roots that need to be dealt with, physical cleanliness will get rid of nothing spiritual, with the exception that the person cleaned house by throwing away all "games", such as Tarot cards, Ouija boards, Dungeons and Dragons, astrology books, occultic materials of any kind, even gory or Satanically inspired movies like the "Exorcist", the "odd fortune teller or medium" sitting in the room (joke), and of course, so called "white witch" materials.

When I found out via the Holy Spirit allowing a demonstration of the fact that the evil spirits INHABIT those things (so that when you take them into your house, you have broken the statute, "Take not an unclean thing into your house, lest you worship that thing"), I did a through house cleaning of my own, and burned $300 worth of my step son's D and D game books, and about $1000 worth of astrology and occultic books of my own. THEY WOULD NOT BURN, even with gas poured on them, UNTIL my friend and I prayed and broke the power of the spirits over them via the name and blood of Christ.

Then when they finally did burn, we had a specter of a greenish hue, come spiraling up out of the flames, howling like a wolf in pain. Just trying to GET to my step son's books in the basement was fun. A demon wrapped itself around my friend's lower leg, cementing it to the floor. Once again, only power that worked was the name and the blood of Christ.

I cannot stress enough, that these things are SNARES of the enemy of our soul, and they are NOT games. They were designed by evil people who knew EXACTLY what they were doing. If you're not familiar with D and D, let me tell you what my step son's were being told to do to "play" the "game". In one book they were instructed to obtain real human blood and human bones, with suggestions of stealing some from a hospital and digging up a grave. This was to be done to summon a particular demon and the demons were all listed by name, so you could summon them personally.

For three years, them and their friends were in our basement "playing" this game several times a week, and we were told and believed it was just about "knights and armor" kind of stuff. Once I discovered the truth, literally all HELL broke loose as we attempted to take back our home from the demonic that had been invited into it. I would not wish those first 2 months of my walk on anyone, HOWEVER, now I praise Him for it, because if not for all that we walked through, we would have died, because the enemy comes not but to KILL, STEAL AND DESTROY, and it was working on the kill part of that, when it was discovered, it was obvious from behavioral changes in the boys, and my friend's near possession (she went to mediums and did the Ouija board).

Darkness aside, man was created with a spirit that wants to have fellowship with the Spirit that created it. This drawing towards the spiritual side of life here is normal and to be desired above all things, as it's what we were made to do. The enemy prays upon the ignorant and deceives them into thinking they have made "contact" with THE Spirit, and when it is sometimes much, much, too late, they find out the real spirit behind their attempt to find Him, and sometimes it proves fatal before they can wrest themselves free. My friend's nephew was one that was not so lucky. He was possessed then murdered by his demon. The details of his death shocked even the coroner, and they are not easily shocked.

This is why the ghost hunter shows do such a disservice (putting it MILDLY) to those that are ensnared, because the second you bring them into your home, you have again broken the above statute, doubling the strength of the what you are trying to rid yourself of. That He has been having mercy on the ignorant is apparent, because they truly are treading where angels fear to tread, if even Michael the archangel of the Father dare not make a railing accusation against the prince of the devils, Satan, what power over them, do you think mere men really have? NONE.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:13 AM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
." My friend's nephew was one that was not so lucky. He was possessed then murdered by his demon. The details of his death shocked even the coroner, and they are not easily shocked."

I have read your religious rants int this thread, and you have said nothing of substance when it comes to spirits.
Do tell, how a "demon" murdered your friend's nephew.
This should be interesting.

Let me take a stab at it.
He was holding a bible, and this demon suddenly caused the bible to burst into flames, and the poor nephew was consumed in flames.

You know, we all have a right to our opinions, and that certainly includes you.
Obviously I don't believe religion has anything to do with spiritualism, but obviously you do.

Religion is man made, and this bible you speak of is the "guiding light" you believe you are supposed to follow.

When the creator of all things created the universe, I think it safe to say, this bible you wrap your existence around, was non-existent, only to come later as the "word" of God, as told by HUMANS.
Now that in itself should tell you something.

Bob.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:18 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,257,141 times
Rbbi makes some good points interspersed with a bit of a rant.
I will not ever speak poorly of someone who testifies: i wish I was a bit more zealous, and some folks, a bit less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal