U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 09:28 AM

26,154 posts, read 16,862,767 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever have a double dream while you are ASLEEP and then wake up IN THE DREAM and discover what you dreamed IN THE DREAM was real??

This site I used to be on went down last Sept as the admin passed away and his wife doesnt know if she wants to deal with running a site or not..... I dreamed IN THE DREAM that the site was BACK ONLINE!! -- Then i WOKE UP IN THE DREAM and while online I went to the site to see AND IT WAS BACK UP!!! -- They had changed the skin and it didnt look as nice... I remember I emailed one of the mods of the site and told him I have a CSS file if he wants I can give him that he can run IN HIS BROWSER and the site will look as it did.. (The default VB3 skin) Then around 7am that morning I woke up....(Or did I??) -- When I finally got online I tried the site but nothing.....

HOW DO WE KNOW WE ARE AWAKE NOW???????? -- I THINK EVERYTHING IS AN ILLUSION...... NOTHING IS REAL...... OUR MINDS MAKE IT REAL! (Which is why its important not to let it be filled with garbage from big pharma,etc)

And I had another one last night....... I was in a movie theater watching a movie and I met Archie Bunker in there,I forgot what movie was playing But I had fallen asleep during the movie and when I woke up a different movie was playing (One with a young Steven Segal in it)

I DO BELIEVE LIFE IS NOTHING BUT A BIG DREAM........

The most we can acheive is AWARENESS AND ALERTNESS .. This is all a dream so nothing is really REAL...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 10:53 AM

5,788 posts, read 4,505,844 times
When I was a kid, I'd wake up in my bed and it would be summer, school was over, and a nice summer breeze was blowing through the open window. Then I'd wake up for real and realize it was January, there was two feet of snow outside, and it was time to go to school.

I prefer thinking we're all just simulations in a giant computer game.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:37 PM

Carlos Castanadas book The Art of Dreaming goes into detail I guess regarding dreaming gates....Double dreams are highly associated with crossing these gates.

Knowing this so called "reality" is only a dream is good as you can become much more fluid.

Remember like in a 'dream' you create your own reality..

Old 07-02-2016, 12:08 PM

28,796 posts, read 11,625,627 times
I don't know about double dreams, but I dream a lot and I'm close to 78. I take low dose melatonin for sleep and inositol and since taking these I think I started dreaming big time. Calms forte a homeopathic also for sleep....these 3 are my big for long good sleep and DREAMS.

Last night I had a dream and actually woke up tasting a bacon. tomatoe, lettuce sandwich I was chomping into. It was WILD.

I hardly ever dreamed before I took the above sleep combo. Most of my dreams are from my way back life.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:41 PM

11,560 posts, read 14,593,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Anyone ever have a double dream while you are ASLEEP and then wake up IN THE DREAM and discover what you dreamed IN THE DREAM was real??

This site I used to be on went down last Sept as the admin passed away and his wife doesnt know if she wants to deal with running a site or not..... I dreamed IN THE DREAM that the site was BACK ONLINE!! -- Then i WOKE UP IN THE DREAM and while online I went to the site to see AND IT WAS BACK UP!!! -- They had changed the skin and it didnt look as nice... I remember I emailed one of the mods of the site and told him I have a CSS file if he wants I can give him that he can run IN HIS BROWSER and the site will look as it did.. (The default VB3 skin) Then around 7am that morning I woke up....(Or did I??) -- When I finally got online I tried the site but nothing.....

HOW DO WE KNOW WE ARE AWAKE NOW???????? -- I THINK EVERYTHING IS AN ILLUSION...... NOTHING IS REAL...... OUR MINDS MAKE IT REAL! (Which is why its important not to let it be filled with garbage from big pharma,etc)

And I had another one last night....... I was in a movie theater watching a movie and I met Archie Bunker in there,I forgot what movie was playing But I had fallen asleep during the movie and when I woke up a different movie was playing (One with a young Steven Segal in it)

I DO BELIEVE LIFE IS NOTHING BUT A BIG DREAM........

The most we can acheive is AWARENESS AND ALERTNESS .. This is all a dream so nothing is really REAL...
Reminds me of Inception or the Matrix. There are theories that we are actually in a simulation by forces unknown, Or things like the Mandela effect impacting our reality and timeline.

Old 07-04-2016, 03:53 PM

Reflecting back on the double or triple dreams I've had (almost all before the age of 18), they were all extremely realistic to the point where on waking, I wasn't sure for a few seconds what was real and what was dreaming. It reminds me of the poem attributed to Li Po:

Quote:
Chuang Tzu in dream became a butterfly,
And the butterfly became Chuang Tzu at waking.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:52 PM

Know exactly what cha mean mate!!

Old 07-10-2016, 10:13 AM

14,777 posts, read 15,214,515 times
I've had only one that was eerily & exceptionally vivid.. They both began with Me "waking up" in the dark room I was sleeping in @ my aunt's house while visiting.. Idk if it was astral, obe, lucid, all 3, or exposure to some type of entity ~ but it was an experience I will never in my life forget..

Old 07-10-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott
Reminds me of Inception or the Matrix. There are theories that we are actually in a simulation by forces unknown, Or things like the Mandela effect impacting our reality and timeline.
Ya we could very well be Mr. Scott..... Who knows!!

Old 07-10-2016, 04:12 PM

Looks like the Holometer Experiment at Fermi Labs has failed to return evidence that we're living in a simulation -- so we're safe in assuming we're not some alien teenagers World of Warcraft game run amok. At least for now.

Backreaction: What Fermilab’s Holometer Experiment teaches us about Quantum Gravity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal