U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 03:46 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,548,997 times

Advertisements

I've worked with mentally ill people most of my adult life. I've been around everything from the innocent down syndrome person, to the clinically insane and all points between. I understand that some people are crazy and suffer from extreme mental illness. Notwithstanding this, I have seen clear evil and seen it inside people. Undeniable and no other viable explanation. It's like seeing a dead body, you can just sense their spirit is not there anymore. A sixth sense thing. Well when someone is downright evil, you just know it. I have seen and heard things coming from a few people that were unexplainable. Evil s real. Whether it's demonic in nature, is up for debate, but it is real.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-19-2016, 10:54 AM

8,307 posts, read 4,749,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post

/ I understand that some people are crazy and suffer from extreme mental illness. Notwithstanding this, I have seen clear evil and seen it inside people. Undeniable and no other viable explanation./

To play the devil's advocate here, how can you be sure that what you're seeing isn't a person who has damage to the area of the brain that controls moral judgment?

How do you know that what you are perceiving in that particular person isn't colored by something about you and your experiences?

Old 08-21-2016, 01:30 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,457,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I've worked with mentally ill people most of my adult life. I've been around everything from the innocent down syndrome person, to the clinically insane and all points between. I understand that some people are crazy and suffer from extreme mental illness. Notwithstanding this, I have seen clear evil and seen it inside people. Undeniable and no other viable explanation. It's like seeing a dead body, you can just sense their spirit is not there anymore. A sixth sense thing. Well when someone is downright evil, you just know it. I have seen and heard things coming from a few people that were unexplainable. Evil s real. Whether it's demonic in nature, is up for debate, but it is real.

great to read this from someone who gets it and can intelligently comment on this

Old 08-22-2016, 07:09 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,625,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
great to read this from someone who gets it and can intelligently comment on this
Just because someone says what you want to hear does not mean they are more intelligent than other people.

Perhaps one of you could clarify what evil really is?

Old 08-22-2016, 08:03 AM

19,245 posts, read 22,935,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
JPerhaps one of you could clarify what evil really is?

Old 08-22-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Just because someone says what you want to hear does not mean they are more intelligent than other people.

Perhaps one of you could clarify what evil really is?
I, too, retired from working in the mental health field and wrestled with this question all my working life. (Well, I had it all figured out when I started. By the time I had retired I had seen a lot of contradictions!)

I worked with people who had done unspeakably evil things but ultimately determined they were not, themselves, evil personified.

There were others about whom I was unsure. That always disturbed me from a scientific and professional standpoint.

I'd be interested in knowing auntieannie68, how you differentiate illness from evil from a scientific/therapeutic viewpoint.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:50 AM

Excellent point Mark S., I know some people dislike beets but I personally love them. I roast them whole and serve with green, goat cheese and walnuts. I find them to be delicious.

I even find the canned beets to have their place.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:34 PM

19,245 posts, read 22,935,535 times
Quote:
I even find the canned beets to have their place.
I think you may need an exorcist.

Just the smell of canned beets hits my gag reflex. In fact, just thinking of the smell, I'm getting a little nauseous.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I think you may need an exorcist.

Just the smell of canned beets hits my gag reflex. In fact, just thinking of the smell, I'm getting a little nauseous.
//www.city-data.com/forum/food-...l#post44573660

Old 08-22-2016, 07:41 PM

"An old Ukrainian proverb warns, 'A tale that begins with a beet will end with the devil.'

That is a risk we have to take."

–Tom Robbins, opening of Jitterbug Perfume

The beet is the most intense of vegetables. The... - Jitterbug Perfume
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.