U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-29-2016, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,661,047 times
Reputation: 6321

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
More strawman debates? Too early, my coffee hasn't kicked in.
I am not sure what you mean but I do not think it is pertinent.

Do I think pharmaceutical companies are in it to make money? Yes
Do I think that pharmaceutical companies charge a fair price? I am not sure.

But the difference is that you buy a product from the pharmaceutical companies. They explain what the product is an what it is supposed to do and why they think this. You have the product and can take it to a lab to verify. If you feel they lied to you then you may be able to take them to court. The process is open and available for peer review.

If exorcists are trying to help people why are they not open and available for peer review? Where are their studies and statistics? Where are the studies stating what works best and what does not work?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 08-31-2016, 02:00 AM
 
Location: PRC
4,719 posts, read 4,144,592 times
Reputation: 4198
Old Guard, I was speaking of medicine and body energy meridians not heat energy. I cannot see any Youtube or other social media so I cannot comment on the that link.

Quote:
This is not the case for possessions or spiritualists who are generally not open and try to limit their liability.

Why the secrecy? Surely information would only help us as demons should surely know what we know or have pretty good estimate from observing and using their mystical powers.
I really dont know about this, but I would assume that Catholic priests have to file some kind of report to the Bishop about any casting out they do. I would also assume that these reports are confidential/secret too. As I say, I dont know whether they have to submit a report or not, but in these days of legal issues and the Catholic church, I would assume so. I also believe there is probably some kind of a training manual for the Catholic priests who wish to start doing this kind of thing. Again, I just dont know, but it would be interesting to see one of these manuals. The Vatican has been doing this kind of casting out of spirits thing for enough years to have distilled all their knowledge into a manual of some kind, so I would be surprised if they haven't.

As for other faiths and mystics, they probably do it as a 'healing' service and I would ask you... Is there such a thing as a general 'healing manual' that gives all the techniques and procedures for casting out spirits? I think there may possibly be for some fairly well recognised healing methods such as reiki but I doubt it for the people who are self-taught psychics, or lesser-known modalities like crystal healing. When I was in the spiritualist movement, at least the one I was in, there dd not appear to be anything written down for anything. All the medium training done 'under guidance from the spirit world', but that might have just been the branch of the church I belonged to.

Taking this a little further, not many people know how to properly document a process or procedure or even to document what happened when they did their 'healing'. Anyway, to whom do you send the reports?

However, just because there is no official manual does not mean it doesn't work occasionally. You have to remember that people are generally free to choose whatever they want to when it comes to 'healing' - at least in other countries where the medical profession is not so intrusive as it is in the USA. For example, in the UK there are governing bodies for many of the alternative health modalities and it is up to the patient to make sure they go to a reliable practitioner.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-31-2016, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,661,047 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Old Guard, I was speaking of medicine and body energy meridians not heat energy. I cannot see any Youtube or other social media so I cannot comment on the that link.

I really dont know about this, but I would assume that Catholic priests have to file some kind of report to the Bishop about any casting out they do. I would also assume that these reports are confidential/secret too. As I say, I dont know whether they have to submit a report or not, but in these days of legal issues and the Catholic church, I would assume so. I also believe there is probably some kind of a training manual for the Catholic priests who wish to start doing this kind of thing. Again, I just dont know, but it would be interesting to see one of these manuals. The Vatican has been doing this kind of casting out of spirits thing for enough years to have distilled all their knowledge into a manual of some kind, so I would be surprised if they haven't.
I agree with you that I feel that the church would document exorcisms.

But why are we not hearing specifics?

Let's take Zika as an example.

When Zika was first identified it was not covered up. It made it to the news.

Recommendations were made, such as pregnant women should not go to certain areas, use bug spray and wear long sleeved shirts. They looked for the spread of Zika and then when it was found in Florida they started spraying for mosquitoes. I believe they are working on an vaccination.

If evil spirits have been identified, why are we not told how to avoid infection, why are there no government agencies looking for outbreaks and trying to fight them?

I can find a lot of information on Zika from reputable sources. This is because they believe that secrecy is not the way to solve a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
As for other faiths and mystics, they probably do it as a 'healing' service and I would ask you... Is there such a thing as a general 'healing manual' that gives all the techniques and procedures for casting out spirits? I think there may possibly be for some fairly well recognised healing methods such as reiki but I doubt it for the people who are self-taught psychics, or lesser-known modalities like crystal healing. When I was in the spiritualist movement, at least the one I was in, there dd not appear to be anything written down for anything. All the medium training done 'under guidance from the spirit world', but that might have just been the branch of the church I belonged to.

Taking this a little further, not many people know how to properly document a process or procedure or even to document what happened when they did their 'healing'. Anyway, to whom do you send the reports?

However, just because there is no official manual does not mean it doesn't work occasionally. You have to remember that people are generally free to choose whatever they want to when it comes to 'healing' - at least in other countries where the medical profession is not so intrusive as it is in the USA.
WTF does that mean? I can see traditional doctors or alternative practitioners. I can also view YouTube. Not sure what point you are trying to make but this is the American Internet and not the Chinese Internet which is why we can share information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
For example, in the UK there are governing bodies for many of the alternative health modalities and it is up to the patient to make sure they go to a reliable practitioner.
Same in the US. But because there is so much secrecy regarding exorcisms how do you research a reliable practitioner? Why are the legit practitioners sharing information so we do not go to frauds?

My contention is because they are all less than honest in a lot of ways.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-31-2016, 11:05 PM
 
Location: PRC
4,719 posts, read 4,144,592 times
Reputation: 4198
Quote:
I can also view YouTube. Not sure what point you are trying to make but this is the American Internet and not the Chinese Internet which is why we can share information.
I was telling you that Youtube and other social media is not available in China, thats all. You posted a link to youtube and I told you I could not see it. It is not a problem.

Everyone is monitored wherever they are, but just because you have the illusion of freedom, does not mean you are.

Quote:
If evil spirits have been identified, why are we not told how to avoid infection, why are there no government agencies looking for outbreaks and trying to fight them?
Because the government dont do that kind of thing. They leave it to the religious folk. Besides, we dont actually know if 'evil' is all tied up in aliens and other dimensions. If it is, they DEFINITELY wont tell you and I about it.

Quote:
I can find a lot of information on Zika from reputable sources. This is because they believe that secrecy is not the way to solve a problem.
Haha what government are you talking about? They probably designed and released the Zika virus...and the Ebola virus...and...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-01-2016, 06:27 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,661,047 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I was telling you that Youtube and other social media is not available in China, thats all. You posted a link to youtube and I told you I could not see it. It is not a problem.
WHY can you not see it in China?

And you call the US intrusive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Everyone is monitored wherever they are, but just because you have the illusion of freedom, does not mean you are.
What can I not do ocpaul20? I can go to Youtube, that's for sure. I am free. There are many people in the US who place artificial restraints upon themselves but I am free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Because the government dont do that kind of thing.
They actually DO try to protect the citizens ocpaul20. That is why we have a CDC, Military, food safety services. So if this were a real threat I am sure there would be a Department of Good or something to fight demons.

I mean this would be a better earner than the military industrial complex. Not only fight them but control them. Instead of nuclear power throw some demon in containment and then you have a perpetual power source as well. You could weaponize them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
They leave it to the religious folk. Besides, we dont actually know if 'evil' is all tied up in aliens and other dimensions.
ocpaul20 if you do not know then it could not be a problem at all, right? It does not matter if it is evil or if it is fluffy bunnies. If they were possessing people someone would take action. If there were other dimensions? OMG I could monetize waste disposal, especially nuclear and toxic waste. If I worked for the Government and they were keeping this a secret I would leave and start my own company to do this and be a billionaire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If it is, they DEFINITELY wont tell you and I about it.
This is typical. You say that scientists are not looking for life on Mars or say there is no life on Mars. I cite examples that they are. And lookie here:

3.7-billion-year-old fossil makes life on Mars less of a long shot

But the weirdest thing ocpaul20 is that there is no proof, according to your post above, that possessions are even real. There is no proof of a Government cover up, which would actually have to be many Governments and even conflicting Governments as there are changes in Governments over time.

BUT, and ocpaul20 this is a big but, you believe people who are not open and transparent. Why is that ocpaul20?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Haha what government are you talking about? They probably designed and released the Zika virus...and the Ebola virus...and...
Post proof if you got it ocpaul20. "They probably" holds as much weight as "Ancient Aliens Theorist believe".
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-01-2016, 06:39 PM
 
Location: PRC
4,719 posts, read 4,144,592 times
Reputation: 4198
wow, Old Guard, what a rant. You obviously live in a happy little world of your own so I am not going to try to burst your idealised view of your world. I dont need concrete proof, so asking me for proof is a waste of your time, you might as well just ignore me. But you wont, so you either keep on frustrating yourself or people start to wonder why you keep on. Why do you keep on?

China blocks certain websites, thats why I cannot see Youtube and other social media. I dont have a problem with that as I feel it would waste too much of my time anyway and I can survive without them.

Quote:
There are many people in the US who place artificial restraints upon themselves but I am free.
There are many people in the US who place artificial restraints upon themselves but I am free.
They actually DO try to protect the citizens.
This is the FUNNIEST thing I have read for a long time. Thank you.

I do NOT think you will find many people who agree with you on that. However, I am so glad you think of yourself as free and without constraint because like a frog or lobster in the pot, it will creep up on you and you will just fall asleep and never know anything more. Maybe thats the way you want it, or maybe thats the way you have been conditioned to believe it.

The citizens are SO "protected" (controlled) by the government as to be nearly a police state, so if you consider having access to limited truth as being 'protected' then you are correct. Citizens are becoming more and more 'protected' => protected from the truth, openness and real freedom.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-02-2016, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,170 posts, read 3,661,047 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
wow, Old Guard, what a rant. You obviously live in a happy little world of your own so I am not going to try to burst your idealised view of your world.
Odd, if I say that to you I get banned....

The thing about freedom is there is no absolute freedom because you have to eventually decide when one persons freedom infringes on another persons freedom.

Perhaps you can tell us why you cannot watch Youtube? Because I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont need concrete proof, so asking me for proof is a waste of your time,
While asking you for proof of your accusations or why you believe what you believe is generally a waste of time I will still do it. I think it is fair to do since those you are accusing are not here to defend themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
you might as well just ignore me.
But you wont, so you either keep on frustrating yourself or people start to wonder why you keep on. Why do you keep on?
Because you make accusations against other people and often contradict yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
China blocks certain websites, thats why I cannot see Youtube and other social media.
And you criticize the US. Next time you do that tell them that you are living in a country that blocks access to Youtube. If you only get information that is approved of by a Government that blocks Youtube and other sites how can you question anyone? Should we not trust people who have the ability to get the whole story?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont have a problem with that as I feel it would waste too much of my time anyway and I can survive without them.
I have no problem with you not getting as much information as I get either. What I do have a problem with is with you saying the US Government is keeping secrets WHEN YOU LIVE IN A COUNTRY THAT YOU KNOW DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO ACCESS INFORMATION.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This is the FUNNIEST thing I have read for a long time. Thank you.
It probably is because you cannot even understand the concept of the freedoms I enjoy and believe the propaganda.

This would be a great time for you to pony up some fact ocpaul20 because there are other people on this board who would be able to judge us both based on their knowledge of the situation.

So please elaborate ocpaul20, why is it funny?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I do NOT think you will find many people who agree with you on that.
I think the numbers of people trying to come to this country and a look at how many who fled Hong Kong before it was handed back over to China would speak for me.

People in my country are also allowed to own guns and criticize the government. How about YOU ocpaul20?

Of course you are always welcome to give specifics ocpaul20....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
However, I am so glad you think of yourself as free and without constraint because like a frog or lobster in the pot, it will creep up on you and you will just fall asleep and never know anything more.
You mean I will never know I am oppressed? LOL.

Hey, sorry I stepped away for a while. I watched some videos on Youtube, checked my gmail and visited amnesty.org which is the home site of Amnesty International. These and others are all sites I can get to ocpaul20. Can you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Maybe thats the way you want it, or maybe thats the way you have been conditioned to believe it.
Maybe it is because I can go to Youtube and Amnesty International. Maybe it is because I can speak against my government. Maybe it is because I own a car, guns and a house and have lots of safe food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The citizens are SO "protected" (controlled) by the government as to be nearly a police state, so if you consider having access to limited truth as being 'protected' then you are correct. Citizens are becoming more and more 'protected' => protected from the truth, openness and real freedom.
You live in China ocpaul20. Enough said.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-02-2016, 11:34 AM
 
13,837 posts, read 22,456,198 times
Reputation: 25100
This has gone completely off the rails. Closed.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top