U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2016, 12:57 PM
 
32,837 posts, read 18,622,462 times
Reputation: 35595

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Monsters? Specifics please.

The human fly? That was a joke.

I was wondering if he was referring to the cabbit. Wasn't there an animal that was half cat and half rabbit?

Look at all the variations in dogs. Isn't manipulating their breeding morphing the dogs into every size, shape, and color?

We go to the dog pound frequently, and it is amazing how so many dogs are a mix of pit bull and some other breed. You see wiener dogs with massive heads, etc.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-20-2016, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,168 posts, read 3,606,458 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
The human fly? That was a joke.

I was wondering if he was referring to the cabbit. Wasn't there an animal that was half cat and half rabbit?

Look at all the variations in dogs. Isn't manipulating their breeding morphing the dogs into every size, shape, and color?

We go to the dog pound frequently, and it is amazing how so many dogs are a mix of pit bull and some other breed. You see wiener dogs with massive heads, etc.
This is caused by selective, or accidental, breeding. I would hardly call them monsters.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2016, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Maine
19,176 posts, read 22,864,621 times
Reputation: 23445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This is caused by selective, or accidental, breeding. I would hardly call them monsters.
And it can't happen across species. Every dog on the planet is basically a different breed of wolf. And horses and donkeys are close enough that they can crossbreed. Same with lions and tigers. But once you leave the species, crossbreeding isn't possible.

A cat with a rabbit? No. That can't happen. Not outside of the monster movies anyway.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2016, 11:48 AM
 
13,609 posts, read 22,233,197 times
Reputation: 24384
I saw the skeleton of a jackalope in Seattle. The fact that it was at Archie McPhees doesn't negate the fact I saw a jackalope skeleton. Might not have been at McPhees...but it was very well done.

It's actually not that easy to get (and I'm probably going to say the science stuff wrong here because...no coffee, no will to look it up) the critters in the same order of genus to get together to create something new. Take cats. A house cat won't mate with a bobcat. Or a panther, or mountain lion. And those types of cats don't get together.

So no...no monsters. Except Bigfoot.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2016, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Maine
19,176 posts, read 22,864,621 times
Reputation: 23445
If you saw a convincing jackalope skeleton, you saw a convincing hoax. Because we all know that jackalope corpses evaporate when they die, much like Sasquatch corpses. There can therefore be no skeletons.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2016, 04:51 PM
 
13,609 posts, read 22,233,197 times
Reputation: 24384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If you saw a convincing jackalope skeleton, you saw a convincing hoax. Because we all know that jackalope corpses evaporate when they die, much like Sasquatch corpses. There can therefore be no skeletons.
Sorry, wasn't clear...yes, saw a jackalope skeleton. Yes, it was a hoax. In this case, a very old one... I wish I could remember where it was in Seattle we saw this. There was also a merman skeleton. It was fun.

And they were well done, in order to hoax people. No obvious glue gun globs...also they were done long before glue guns.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2016, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,783 posts, read 4,497,469 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
And it can't happen across species. Every dog on the planet is basically a different breed of wolf. And horses and donkeys are close enough that they can crossbreed. Same with lions and tigers. But once you leave the species, crossbreeding isn't possible.

A cat with a rabbit? No. That can't happen. Not outside of the monster movies anyway.
Hybrids between species in the same genus often occur, in both plants and animals. Sometimes they're sterile, sometimes not (it appears we interbred with neanderthals, for example). The higher you go in the taxonomy the rarer hybridization becomes. For example, chicken/guineafowl or peacock/guineafowl hybrids sometimes occur but they're sterile and tend not to live long.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2016, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,783 posts, read 4,497,469 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Sorry, wasn't clear...yes, saw a jackalope skeleton. Yes, it was a hoax. In this case, a very old one... I wish I could remember where it was in Seattle we saw this. There was also a merman skeleton. It was fun.

And they were well done, in order to hoax people. No obvious glue gun globs...also they were done long before glue guns.
There are taxidermists who do this sort of thing as an art form (called rogue taxidermy):

Gallery | Dead Animal Art
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2016, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,202 posts, read 1,577,240 times
Reputation: 1363
In order to rebuke demons it's essential you have a fundamental background in articulating a casting out or deliverance method and seek the assistance of Jesus Christ and incorporating His name and specific verses . One must assure the person being delivered is protected for a violent response that could cause injury to themselves and those assisting. Demons are extremely reluctant to leave a host individual and they have power and will dump the adrenal cortex , promote vomiting, bleeding and if possible a stroke or cardiac arrest . In some cases folks will levitate , dive forward or bend back -wards.Demons will talk to you and attempt to compromise. Bottom-line most psychiatrists/ psychoanalyists don't have the resources to handle this area . It has little to do with religion and everything to do with Jesus name and experience within a supernatural realm and insight.

Last edited by openmike; 07-20-2016 at 07:19 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-20-2016, 07:17 PM
 
9,558 posts, read 3,699,526 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
In order to rebuke demons it's essential you have a fundamental background in articulating a casting out or deliverance method and seek the assistance of Jesus Christ and incorporating His name and specific verses . One must assure the person being delivered is protected for a violent response that could cause injury to themselves and those assisting. Demons are extremely reluctant to leave a host individual and they have power and will dump the adrenal cortex , promote vomiting, bleeding and if possible a stroke or cardiac arrest . In some cases folks will levitate , dive forward or bend backwards.Demons will talk to you and attempt to compromise. Bottom-line most psychiatrists/ psychoanalyists don't have the resources to handle this area . It has little to do with religion and everything to do with Jesus name and experience within a supernatural realm and insight.

Amen, wisdom. I wish that all people could be present for just one deliverance. Guarantee they'll change their lifestyle FAST....
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top