U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 10:18 PM

30,582 posts, read 16,033,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Amen, wisdom. I wish that all people could be present for just one deliverance. Guarantee they'll change their lifestyle FAST....
The sort of fearmongering one might expect from a certain sort....

Rate this post positively

Old 07-21-2016, 12:24 AM

9,558 posts, read 3,740,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The sort of fearmongering one might expect from a certain sort....

Seriously TroutDude, we've got to stop meeting like this.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:54 AM

4,693 posts, read 4,125,082 times
TroutDude
Quote:
The sort of fearmongering one might expect from a certain sort
Fearmongering or not, it is a fact of life that there are some very weird and strange phenomena affecting people and always have been.

So what do you call these complete change of personalities then? Do you believe it is purely a psychological condition?

Just because it does not fit into your view of life does not make it either true or untrue and there maybe many different conditions which may be classified as different things by different people - depending on your viewpoint and beliefs. Religious people tend to call it demon possessions and more doctory kind of people probably have names for it too. Untill we can see the energy in and around each of us I dont think we will truly understand what is the phenomena. When we can understand the problem we might be able to pin it down and classify it.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:29 AM

30,582 posts, read 16,033,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
TroutDude

Fearmongering or not, it is a fact of life that there are some very weird and strange phenomena affecting people and always have been.

So what do you call these complete change of personalities then? Do you believe it is purely a psychological condition?

Just because it does not fit into your view of life does not make it either true or untrue and there maybe many different conditions which may be classified as different things by different people - depending on your viewpoint and beliefs. Religious people tend to call it demon possessions and more doctory kind of people probably have names for it too. Untill we can see the energy in and around each of us I dont think we will truly understand what is the phenomena. When we can understand the problem we might be able to pin it down and classify it.
Psychological and/or chemical imbalances are the most likely reasons.

And I am well aware of "weird and strange phenomena."

I also believe some people prey on those who are afflicted and in some instances, cause the affliction by sowing seeds of fear and doubt in fragile minds.

And I believe some of those people habituate forums such as this, as well as Religion, Spirituality, Psychology etc. looking for prey - although they, of course, would describe it differently.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:13 PM

9,558 posts, read 3,740,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

And I believe some of those people habituate forums such as this, as well as Religion, Spirituality, Psychology etc. LOOKING FOR PREY - although they, of course, would describe it differently.

I couldn't agree more. Some people DO.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:56 PM

5,170 posts, read 3,655,416 times
Quote:
If it is a fact you can prove it. Prove your fact.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:59 PM

32,855 posts, read 18,683,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This is caused by selective, or accidental, breeding. I would hardly call them monsters.
I agree. I would never call a mutt a monster.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
If it is a fact you can prove it. Prove your fact.
What is this? Practicing to be a stalker now are we? Please act in a more mature way.

Quote:
This kind of fact does not have to be proved as everyone knows there are strange phenomena around us. Why would you need that to be proved unless you are just nit-picking on my posts?

If I get under your skin then you have to do whatever you do in real life - which is to ignore people you do nat have anything in common with. It does nothing for you to keep taunting me like this and only serves to make you look silly.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 07-21-2016 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: explanation

Old 07-22-2016, 08:32 AM

5,170 posts, read 3,655,416 times
Quote:
What is this? Practicing to be a stalker now are we? Please act in a more mature way.
First, calling me immature is against the forum rules. You should know this as you manipulate them when it is to your benefit.

Second I have been responding to this thread for a while. Just because you do not like the questions and do not have the answers does not mean they are not valid questions. If you state something is a FACT you should be able to provide some proof of it. You demand proof from others and then judge them by saying their silence is an admittance of guilt so I am not sure what I am doing that you think is wrong?

Old 07-22-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I am not sure what I am doing that you think is wrong?
A "fact of life" is a phrase in English and is not generally a fact in the normal way you are using the word. You know that. It is a generally accepted truth and does not have to be proved to you or anyone else.Now let us move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.