Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 01:29 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,533,427 times

Advertisements

This really seems legitimate.
The motorcyclist died, perhaps at the hospital, medically.
Often they are pronounced dead at the hospital but
could "pass away" before that.

Saul Vasquez, a passing trucker, took the photo.
His facebook account reveals absolutely no behavior
that would make his picture suspect, such as overtly religious
posts or photographic shenanigans.

Photo of fatal wreck goes viral after people claim to see spirit above victim’s body | fox8.com

Some say it's his spirit leaving his body, but I see an angel
or even Jesus leaning forward with arms outstretched,
and head tilted downward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 07:14 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,895,851 times
It looks to me like he was shooting through his truck window and there was a smear on the window. The camera was focused on the accident so the much closer smear is out of focus. He might not even have noticed the smear when he was taking the picture.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:20 PM

102,059 posts, read 106,854,652 times
It's really hard to say with still photos, OP, because there's always the chance they were photo-shopped. I saw a newspaper photo from the smoke billowing from the towers on 9/11 that someone had clipped, because it had the facial image of the devil in the smoke. Apparently someone at the newspaper decided to have a little fun before printing the photo.

OTOH, there are videos on youtube of things I don't know how to explain, when the film is slowed way down and you can get a better view of what's going on.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:59 AM

22,831 posts, read 28,056,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
It looks to me like he was shooting through his truck window and there was a smear on the window. The camera was focused on the accident so the much closer smear is out of focus. He might not even have noticed the smear when he was taking the picture.
I dunno. The fact that there isn't another smear anywhere in the photo makes me skeptical it was something on the window or even light refraction. I find it much more likely that it's a photoshopped hoax.

But who knows?

Old 07-15-2016, 09:42 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,895,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I dunno. The fact that there isn't another smear anywhere in the photo makes me skeptical it was something on the window or even light refraction. I find it much more likely that it's a photoshopped hoax.

But who knows?
My first thought was, it's splatter from a bird passing overhead -- that tends to be localized, and would tend to be an up/down smear if it happened when the truck was parked. But it has a vague human shape, which says photoshop.

One of the problems with all this stuff is -- with modern photo manipulation software readily available (and even free, in the case of software like the GIMP), it's becoming increasingly difficult to identify hoaxes. Ditto with videos. A person saying he/she didn't fake it isn't sufficient since, well, that's just what you'd expect a faker to say.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:41 PM

102,059 posts, read 106,854,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Some say it's his spirit leaving his body, but I see an angel
or even Jesus leaning forward with arms outstretched,
and head tilted downward.
This kind of reminds me of cases like the one in Mexico where someone saw the image of the Virgin Mary in a burned tortilla, and declared it a miracle. Anything can be a Rorschach test.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:22 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,284,326 times
Dude didn't die then, but later on. So that's just ... something.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:39 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,545,036 times
Who knows and each one will have a different inner response to the photo. Real or not, I think it's cool and is exactly what I believe happens as we die. Our soul leaves our body.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:39 AM

22,831 posts, read 28,056,422 times
I'm certainly not convinced it's a genuine photo of a spirit. But I can't be certain it isn't either. This is one of those fun mysteries of life that I enjoy, but I'm going to need a whole lot more evidence before I'm convinced one way or the other.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:41 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,284,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm certainly not convinced it's a genuine photo of a spirit. But I can't be certain it isn't either. This is one of those fun mysteries of life that I enjoy, but I'm going to need a whole lot more evidence before I'm convinced one way or the other.
The guy died at the hospital, so why would you even believe it was a picture of a "spirit" leaving a body?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal