U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 01:09 AM

51 posts, read 36,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I think the Mandela Effect is a bunch of hooey. I remember Oscar Mayer with an A, not an E. I remember Magic mirror on the wall not mirror mirror on the wall. I remember Jif not Jiffy peanut butter. I also remember Forest Gump saying "Life WAS like a box of chocolates..."
Totally wrong with all that
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 10:10 AM

67,495 posts, read 62,994,000 times
Oscar Mayer has always been spelled that way. Given that so many people are completely stumped by advice/advise and lose/loose, I wouldn't give that one much credence.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:29 PM

6,160 posts, read 2,745,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oscar Mayer has always been spelled that way. Given that so many people are completely stumped by advice/advise and lose/loose, I wouldn't give that one much credence.

Or their/there or rain/rein/reign....

Old 04-02-2017, 02:19 PM

10,928 posts, read 12,313,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Perhaps he posted in the wrong thread. I've seen that before.
No, I'm certain that I saw it posted in the right thread and then it mysteriously appeared in this thread.

It's got to be an alternate time line.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:48 PM

3,935 posts, read 2,469,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead4 View Post
Totally wrong with all that
Am I now?

Old 05-27-2017, 11:25 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,700,361 times
Default New contributions

I've gone down the Mandela Effect rabbit hole again lately, and here are two new contributions:

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8R63QDxuQc

Here's an article with some great pictures near the end for more comparison:

How Christ the Redeemer was built in fascinating photos | Daily Mail Online

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvI_qrquSFw

Old 06-06-2017, 05:02 AM

4,519 posts, read 4,011,159 times
I was listening to Midnight in the Desert the other day and Heather Wade was interviewing Cynthia Sue Larson (28th March 2017), She is the best-selling author of Quantum Jumps, Reality Shifts, and High Energy Money.

If you get a chance to re-listen to this interview it is very interesting. All about the Mandela Effect.

You can take a survey on her website: Reality Shifters - Consciousness Shifts Reality

Old 08-19-2017, 07:28 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,415,622 times
When people believe something to be the Mandela Effect, the key word is believe.

They 'believe' or 'think' they heard, read, saw something differently than what they're currently perceiving.

It is not uncommon to misinterpret one's first observations because as a rule, most of us are not skilled observers.

And how many times has someone said, "Well, as long as you believe it, that's what's important."

Take the example of witnesses giving opposing details. Here is a website that explains why our memories are susceptible to a variety of errors and biases:

Eyewitness Testimony and Memory Biases | Noba

Perhaps the Mandela Effect should be renamed the Misinterpretation Effect.

Last edited by katie45; 08-19-2017 at 08:15 AM..

Old 10-27-2017, 04:04 PM

171 posts, read 88,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom
I think the Mandela Effect is a bunch of hooey. I remember Oscar Mayer with an A, not an E. I remember Magic mirror on the wall not mirror mirror on the wall. I remember Jif not Jiffy peanut butter. I also remember Forest Gump saying "Life WAS like a box of chocolates..."
So what you are saying is that your memory is perfect, but everyone else has "terrrible memories"?
So you have never, ever, at any point in your life, found out that you had faulty memory about something?
Okay, cool, in that case you have superhuman memory.
Also, the "Mandela Effect" is NOT "hooey", it is a totally real phenomenon that simply involves a lot of people having a shared false memory about something - it happens all the time ffs, and it happens to you as well.

By the way, the original line IS IN FACT "Mirror Mirror" - here is a video that proves this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scdF03wS6ao

And of course, if you don't believe it then you could always get yourself an own copy and double-check it.
You can probably find a copy at your closest local library.

Also, the line "Life IS like a box of chocolates" DID IN FACT exist - it was even the original intended line.
Here is a video that proves this as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMF5BrS-KBo

Also, the name "Sex In The City" IS IN FACT a real name;
it is the name of a perfume:

https://img.fragrancex.com/images/pr...ium/61194w.jpg

Case in point:
most Mandela Effects have a grain of truth in them, and lots of those grains of truth are completely understandable.
It is totally natural that people would remember "WiteOut" and "Froot Loops" as "WhiteOut" and "Fruit Loops", since those names actually make much more sense, and are also much better English.
The real names are just intentionally misspelled joke names for the same of originality, and people can easily remember only the sound of those names and fill in the blanks from there.
And yes, like I said, this has very likely happened to YOU as well at some point, and probably several times as well - you are not immune to false memories.

Last edited by Markus86; 10-27-2017 at 04:15 PM..

Old 10-28-2017, 11:26 PM

4,519 posts, read 4,011,159 times
The problem with all these 'false memories' explanations is that there is often some reasonable evidence AT THE TIME to make us believe the event is true.

For example, some people have read obituaries in the paper, some people have had experiences which backup the original idea that the person has died or whatever.

How do you explain these then?

There are plenty of people who have personally witnessed such strange missing time or whatever the phenomena is and some of them ARE trained observers or reporters like police and military personnel.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 10-28-2017 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal