U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:13 PM

7,977 posts, read 3,691,061 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that Castro has died like 6 times already but I thought that was a result of me not paying attention.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 08:12 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,700,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
So Im just supposed to believe he fell in love with her...just because she wasnt scared of him...just because she seems pretty strong and was able to (help him) lift the gear wheel off of him? And the fact that shes hot...

Seems like theres an artifact left behind where they might have edited out the sparkle.

Sigh. Probably have to find a network airing to be sure. I think it was TBS that used to show all the old Bond movies back in the day.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but there are a number of other videos out there discussing this and other Mandela effect stuff from movies and tv shows. Some are easily written off as logos changing and spellings of names. Others are slightly less easily explained away.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:43 AM

260 posts, read 416,393 times
I watched a movie a while back that I had seen many times when I was younger and was anticipating a certain event to play out in a scene and it ended up being different than I remembered and I thought it was weird.

Later on I looked up the movie on a forum that discusses films and there was a thread about that very scene and some people were saying how they were sure it played out in the way I remembered and were wondering if there was an alternative version with the event filmed in a different way, but after researching, it apparently never existed.

I just find it interesting that different people would 'misremember' things that are quite specific like that.

Last edited by rckgrl; 12-17-2016 at 05:05 AM..

Old 12-17-2016, 12:46 PM

13,593 posts, read 22,224,588 times
Bernard Fox died this past week. His most famous role was Dr. Bombay on Bewitched.

Now...my husband and I get notices about celebrities dying, but people don't check the dates so reshare it a few years later...in fact we were laughing about one just making the rounds for the third or fourth time..

When I got the one about Bernard Fox dying. And I started laughing because I know for a fact Bernard Fox died soon after the filming of The Mummy. So I looked for the date...and no..this was current.

So I called to my husband and asked him..."Hey, honey...the guy who played Dr. Bombay? When did he die?"

After the filming of The Mummy. There was lots of kudos on the tv...whole thing. Lots of memories shared by the film cast...

He remembers it, too.

So at least two of us are nuts.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:35 PM

212 posts, read 158,682 times
In general, I am a skeptic, but one incident in my own life that has given me pause is a scar that has disappeared on my leg. Now, I know that when I was about 14 or 15, I was shaving my legs in too great of a hurry and sliced a deep gash on the side of my left leg. I remember clearly that my mother said I had "carved a map of the United States". It was bloody, I cried and my mother bandaged it with toilet paper and medical tape because we had run out of large adhesive bandages. Very memorable experience. The scar it left was ridged and a full inch in diameter. There is now not even a trace of a scar, but my memory of having it remains. I feel as if it should be there. It's creepy.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:09 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,700,361 times
Default Mandela effect in my own home...

For the last two decades, my older child was the only one in the house who would eat coconut. She likes those Hostess Snowballs. Whenever we would get a box of chocolates, she was the only one who would eat the remaining coconut chocolates.

Tonight I offered her the last coconut chocolate and she refused, said coconut is gross, and she has never liked or even eaten coconut.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:45 PM

4,519 posts, read 4,011,159 times
Our world is far weirder than we think.

I think you all really need to start acknowledging that we move from time-line to time -line which is why our perception of life as a continuous unbroken series of events is wrong.

Although it is true that our bodies replace all of its cells every 7 years or so which would account for some changes in our appearance, there is not a lot to account for our changing certain memory of things.

I feel the people who argue for us mis-remembering are wrong and we should investigate how so many people have had experiences which seem like they are part of time-skips or jumping to another time-line. How it would be proven, I have no idea but that is for those science-types to devise a way.

On a similar subject line, quite a few people have had missing time in their lives and this is normally explained by being abducted by aliens, but what if it is a time-line skip and they have realised when this skip occurred. Like an old 33rps record, maybe the play head jumped and came down a little further on on the record?

Old 01-16-2017, 06:42 AM

1,474 posts, read 1,931,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato2 View Post
The Berenstein Bears/The Berenstain Bears

South America shifted further east

Febreeze/Febreze

Fruit Loops/Froot Loops

Looney Toons/Looney Tunes

Some say the Ford logo changed, the curly looking thing on the F being new.

Some say the Volkswagen logo changed, the V and W now separate, while they used to be merged.

"Luke, I am your father."/"No, I am your father."

"If you build it, they will come."/"If you build it, he will come."

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"/"Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"
I don't feel inclined to research each one of these examples, but I do recall as recently as last week on Reddit/imgur someone posted pictures of an old BerenstEIN Bears book.

Why would anyone find it hard to believe that companies might decide to change spelling, logos, quotes, etc?

Old 01-16-2017, 11:25 AM

3,266 posts, read 1,197,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
I don't feel inclined to research each one of these examples, but I do recall as recently as last week on Reddit/imgur someone posted pictures of an old BerenstEIN Bears book.

Why would anyone find it hard to believe that companies might decide to change spelling, logos, quotes, etc?
The argument is that it has always been berenstain and the logos, spelling, quotes have not changed, they have always been as such.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:08 PM

12,445 posts, read 12,332,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post

The Berenstain Bears book series was named after the original authors of the books: Stan and Jan Berenstain. Mike Berenstain, their son, now authors the Berenstain Bears books. Now, there might be edited images that have been modified to now read as Berenstein Bears, just like all of the other fakeries on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal