U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-13-2017, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,914 posts, read 2,089,716 times
Reputation: 9631

Advertisements

Like a lot of people, I've had the occasional Mandela effect, but I usually could talk myself out of it, thinking that whatever it was, I hadn't been paying attention, making assumptions, mistaking one person for another, etc. But lately I've had a few things happen that have really freaked me out. If anyone can give me an explanation other than a time/reality slip, I would appreciate it, as I'm beginning to think I'm going out of my head.

Compared to my life up until now, these are starting to come in fast and furious, and I wonder if others have found the effect to be more prevalent than it used to be.

Here they are:
  1. One day I got into my shower and turned it on, but I had to turn the control to a completely different position in order to get the water to come out of the hand held sprayer. I always turned it to three o'clock before, but since then I've had to turn it to twelve o'clock. I've been in this house for three and a half years and the shower control was always the same until a few weeks ago.

  2. Today I was watching QVC and I saw that one of their products was advertised as being on "Eazy Pay." I've watched QVC for years and it was always "Easy Pay." Later in the day it went back to normal.

  3. I was looking at a website showing Rodin's sculpture "The Thinker," but instead of having his chin on the palm of his hand, the figure had his forehead resting on the back of his hand. I read that there were several of these statues, so I did an image search, thinking that maybe Rodin had sculpted some one way and some the other, but no, all of the images showed the statue with the forehead resting on the hand. I began to think I had been wrong all along. Then tonight I saw an image of "The Thinker" on Twitter and the figure had his chin resting on his hand. I did an image search again and found that all the images now showed his chin resting on his hand, the way I had always thought it was.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-14-2017, 03:17 AM
 
Location: PRC
4,531 posts, read 4,025,295 times
Reputation: 4035
Quote:
If anyone can give me an explanation other than a time/reality slip, I would appreciate it, as I'm beginning to think I'm going out of my head.
This is an interesting comment because it either means that you have read these explanations and reject them completely or else.. (not sure what)

I think it is unlikely we are all imagining this Mandela effect, although many people say that it is the explanation of folks thinking one thing and finding out they were wrong later.

I really dont see why it shouldn't be a time slip or dimensional burp. Just because science does not accept these as possible does not necessarily mean they do not exist. There have been lots of people who have suffered time loss where journeys have taken far longer than they should have and there was that well-documented plane trip which took a much shorter time than it could ever have - given the type of light aircraft it was.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2017, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,914 posts, read 2,089,716 times
Reputation: 9631
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This is an interesting comment because it either means that you have read these explanations and reject them completely or else.. (not sure what)

I think it is unlikely we are all imagining this Mandela effect, although many people say that it is the explanation of folks thinking one thing and finding out they were wrong later.

I really dont see why it shouldn't be a time slip or dimensional burp. Just because science does not accept these as possible does not necessarily mean they do not exist. There have been lots of people who have suffered time loss where journeys have taken far longer than they should have and there was that well-documented plane trip which took a much shorter time than it could ever have - given the type of light aircraft it was.
Thanks for weighing in!

I do try to keep up on what others are experiencing. I wouldn't say I reject any of them, but some of them are not ones I have personally experienced. I have experienced the Mirror Mirror/Magic Mirror, Berenstein/Berenstain Bears, the OxyClean/OxiClean, the Bragg's/Bragg and many others. There are probably as many where I say, "That has always been that way for me," like I have always thought it was Schwan's, never Schwann's, Charles Schulz, not Schultz, Interview With The Vampire, etc., but I realize that whether or not you experience each one depends on what timestream you are in.

The main reason I posted is that while I have experienced a lot of the ones that large groups have experienced, I had never had a really "in my face" personal ones that I hadn't read about before. I actually agree with you--I think these probably are manifestations of the Mandela effect. But I want to keep track of any "real" ones that I have experienced personally, so I wanted to see if maybe there was a "normal" reason for at least one of these. If for example there's a plumber out there who can say, "Oh yeah, this one brand of shower controls tends to do that after a couple of years," then I can cross that one off my list, etc.

The "going out of my head" was particularly in reference to the statue of "The Thinker." That was really the first time that it was so blatant, I can't even describe the feeling I was having.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2017, 01:39 PM
 
13,627 posts, read 22,257,867 times
Reputation: 24447
With the Thinker, that has been pariodied and used and copied, that it wouldn't surprise me that you have seen it the way you remember it...except that it wasn't THE Thinker, it was a of the actual sculpture.

I also think that of Mirror mirror and Magic Mirror. Lots of fingers in that pie....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2017, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
67,617 posts, read 63,127,825 times
Reputation: 82887
I just re-read this thread, and I am again surprised that at least THREE people somehow remember Eli Whitney being black. I find that astonishing, because it probably means there are more out there in the real world.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2017, 03:04 AM
 
997 posts, read 695,276 times
Reputation: 2325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just re-read this thread, and I am again surprised that at least THREE people somehow remember Eli Whitney being black. I find that astonishing, because it probably means there are more out there in the real world.
That was one I read about on a Mandela site. It is one of the commonly reported Mandelas and one that stood out to me. I remember things in world A., but I am not a good enough witness. There are a couple that I read and think "you are kidding!" Eli Whitney was black and there are a couple others. That Jaws movie was a very good example even though I never saw it...

However, from what I know, there is a big shift going on right this very moment and it a dimensional shift. That is a true story, but not any kind of provable fact...This is happening now but it is shaky and in process but not complete.

It was interesting to read about @Irootoo's experience at this time because the shift was brief and didn't last.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
2,914 posts, read 2,089,716 times
Reputation: 9631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
With the Thinker, that has been pariodied and used and copied, that it wouldn't surprise me that you have seen it the way you remember it...except that it wasn't THE Thinker, it was a of the actual sculpture.
The weird thing on that one for me was that I immediately went and did a Google image search using the search term "Rodin's The Thinker" both days. The first day, every statue on the page, and there were a lot, had the forehead pose. When I went back and did the exact same search later, the page came up with all chin poses.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2017, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
12,445 posts, read 12,356,556 times
Reputation: 28297
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
...The first day, every statue on the page, and there were a lot, had the forehead pose. When I went back and did the exact same search later, the page came up with all chin poses.
Now, really.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2017, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
67,617 posts, read 63,127,825 times
Reputation: 82887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
That was one I read about on a Mandela site. It is one of the commonly reported Mandelas and one that stood out to me. I remember things in world A., but I am not a good enough witness. There are a couple that I read and think "you are kidding!" Eli Whitney was black and there are a couple others. That Jaws movie was a very good example even though I never saw it...

However, from what I know, there is a big shift going on right this very moment and it a dimensional shift. That is a true story, but not any kind of provable fact...This is happening now but it is shaky and in process but not complete.

It was interesting to read about @Irootoo's experience at this time because the shift was brief and didn't last.
What was the Jaws movie item?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2017, 02:06 PM
 
13,627 posts, read 22,257,867 times
Reputation: 24447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What was the Jaws movie item?
It was actually a Bond movie. The character's name was Jaws, and he had metal teeth. At the end of the movie a woman smiles at him and they go off together. People remember she had braces, so they were both metal in their mouths. But in rewatching, she doesn't have braces.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top