U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 10:18 PM

3,491 posts, read 3,388,894 times

Advertisements

History did a 2 part story on DB Cooper, the shows weren't bad but I won't spoil it for anyone. I did learn something new, the Pilot was on and confirmed he was going very slow and while he was 10,000ft above sea level, the plane was only 5,000ft above the mountains. So him actually surviving the jump, IMHO is a real possibility. New suspects were explored as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 10:24 PM

8,347 posts, read 5,996,711 times
If he survived I'm pretty sure he would have bragged about it on his deathbed. I know I would have, that was one hell of a stunt.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:27 AM

11,640 posts, read 14,699,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
If he survived I'm pretty sure he would have bragged about it on his deathbed. I know I would have, that was one hell of a stunt.
There is another thread about this bizarre crime that has baffled authorities for decades. I believe he made a clean getaway, Perhaps bought a house somewhere and lived a normal life likely marrying and having a family. And taking the secret to the grave to not expose them to the media circus that would result. This was probably an ordinary seeming man who we stood on line next to at the grocery store, or drank in a bar with. No reason to waste resources after this long chasing a ghost.

They can use the resources to catch active dangerous people, like the Gilgo Beach Killer or similar creeps.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:00 AM

3,491 posts, read 3,388,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
There is another thread about this bizarre crime that has baffled authorities for decades. I believe he made a clean getaway, Perhaps bought a house somewhere and lived a normal life likely marrying and having a family. And taking the secret to the grave to not expose them to the media circus that would result. This was probably an ordinary seeming man who we stood on line next to at the grocery store, or drank in a bar with. No reason to waste resources after this long chasing a ghost.

They can use the resources to catch active dangerous people, like the Gilgo Beach Killer or similar creeps.
That's what the FBI said, besides the other craziness going on as we speak in the US.

Another similar case was a dude named McCoy, he did the same thing except for his total was 500 grand, he got caught, was in jail, escaped then died in a shootout with police or the FBI (can't remember).

It was neat hearing the pilot talk about Cooper though, apparently the flight attendant had to get on and off the plane 4 times total to get the money and the 3-4 parachutes Cooper requested, during that time the pilot wanted the other two flight attendants to sneak off so they could all leave, for some reason the other two didn't want to, scared probably.

The flight attendant that was with Cooper the most was ordered to the cockpit before he jumped by Cooper, even the pilot wanted her to tie herself off because he was afraid that she would be sucked out the plane, he told her that before Cooper told her to go to the cockpit, they had radio contact. The only real evidence that was found was a tie that had a titanium substance on it, obviously DNA testing back then wasn't heard of, so everything else was contaminated.

As for great crimes that weren't solved, what if it was the flight crew that set this whole thing up, the cops never saw Cooper on the plane, 4 chutes may have been ordered to seperate the money, there were others on the plane as well before he took it ransom, yes there is a drawing but did that come from the flight crew, or the passengers. What if no one jumped but the money? That would be an amazing crime, not likely but it's possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal