U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 11:20 PM

4,519 posts, read 4,011,159 times

Advertisements

Of course assuming there is no medical condition causing this.

Do you get a different voice speaking to you? Like if you are a woman,maybe you hear a man?
Do you have a reasonable conversation or it is just prompts (one word or a few words)?

If you get more of a conversation, then this must be a different phenomena from ghosts we capture on EVPs, because those are mostly one words of a short phrase.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 02:27 PM

44 posts, read 35,554 times
Aside from mental illness, some people hear voices during times of mental or emotional distress, such as bereavement, anxiety or trauma. Some people are more attuned and have spirtual experiences where they hear voices. Most mediums who "hear" voices in their head, often hear those voices in their own voice, not a different voice, and yes, they can have a conversation with spirit.

I went to a medium once and she looked at me and said, "you have direct hearing, which is not very common." Since childhood I have on occasion heard voices with my ears, not voices in my head, but with my ears. I seriously wondered at one time if I was having auditory hallucinations, until one day when I was able to capture a voice with a recorder at the same time as I heard it.

As I have gotten older, and more open to spirit, sometimes I will hear a voice in my head that is not mine. For example, I have heard my deceased son say "I love you mom", or he will say his name. I would not go as far as to say I am a medium, but I am definitely sensitive to spirit.

I also record EVPs. A spirit can speak more than just one or two words at a time. I have recorded sentences that contain five or six words. But, as far as the voices I hear with my ears or in my head, I do not have conversations with these voices. The voices are never, EVER abusive. The voices do not tell me what to do and not to do. I also do not hear voices all the time, just occasionally, randomly.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:19 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,083,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Of course assuming there is no medical condition causing this.

Do you get a different voice speaking to you? Like if you are a woman,maybe you hear a man?
Do you have a reasonable conversation or it is just prompts (one word or a few words)?

If you get more of a conversation, then this must be a different phenomena from ghosts we capture on EVPs, because those are mostly one words of a short phrase.
I'm a basically sane person who is a medium and I hear voices in my head all the time. Some are my spirit guides, ascended masters, angels, etc., and some are the voices of deceased humans with whom I communicate on behalf of clients. I hear a woman when it's a woman and a man when it's a man. A few have very distinctive voices, but for the most part I don't distinguish between them by the vocal quality, but more by their speech patterns and word choice.

For the most part, I have entire conversations back and forth, just as if you and I were speaking on the phone. For example, yesterday I was feeling kind of low and I had a whole conversation with a very kind man who passsed a few months ago, and with whom I had connected earlier in the week on behalf of his daughter. He basically came in and asked me, "What is wrong, my dear?" just like a person in the room might have done. With this person, I know his voice because he has a distinctive accent and speech pattern, plus a learned attitude that is very obvious.

And sometimes they correct me in mid-sentence. I was communicating with a friend's father, and I told my friend, "He is very distinguished looking with a Van Dyke beard, and he is wearing a blazer with a nylon turtleneck underneath," and quick as a flash, my friend's father snapped, "SILK! Tell him it's a silk turtleneck." My friend instantly recognized this as coming from his dad, who had been very particular about the quality of his clothing.

Most of them come in very clearly, but with a few it is like a bad phone connection and I have to strain to hear them. I feel that the difference is because it takes some training and practice on the part of the person who has passed on to be able to get their vibration low enough to communicate with us, and some of them are simply not that good at it.

Different mediums have different experiences in doing this. I tend to hear voices more than I see images, but that happens too. Other mediums won't hear things as often but will see very clearly what the person is showing them.

I feel that EVPs are either from those spirits that are trapped in a specific moment or place, or just the energies left in the space from something that happened there. To me, those are definitely totally different, because when I'm doing mediumship work, I get whole conversations as I said, but I also get phrases or phrasing that my clients recognize as belonging to their loved one. Like one time I was reading for a woman who wanted to connect with her grandfather. I connected with him and I said to her, "He says, 'Howdy.'" She recognized that immediately as being him, because he always used that word. Another time I told a guy that his grandmother said, "Be sure to wash behind your ears," and he said she always told him that when he used to stay at her house as a kid.

Now, once in a while I will hear just a single word. For some reason, one day a couple of weeks ago someone yelled "Mangoes!" in my ear. Later in the evening I was watching a TV show where people were talking about mangoes. I think this was my main guide just being silly and trying to get me to smile. She is a hoot and sometimes when I am watching a movie she tells me what's coming next.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:39 PM

Thank you for your answers. I was a spiritualist for quite a while and I suspected that this was the case. The mediums I saw when I was in that movement seemed to have conversations with the ones on the other side.

I dont like talking about levels because it implies a hierarchy but I suppose there must be a natural progression towards God so maybe this is not a bad way of looking at it. Maybe there is a difference between the ghosties we experience diwn here and the ones who give messages to mediums.

There does seem to be a higher 'level' where the more advanced spirits hang out and lower levels where those who roam around the Earth live and these ones do not seem to be able to hold conversations as the others do. I suppose it is rather like an educated person and a caveman, one would converse well and the other would converse with grunts and phrases.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:16 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,083,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Thank you for your answers. I was a spiritualist for quite a while and I suspected that this was the case. The mediums I saw when I was in that movement seemed to have conversations with the ones on the other side.

I dont like talking about levels because it implies a hierarchy but I suppose there must be a natural progression towards God so maybe this is not a bad way of looking at it. Maybe there is a difference between the ghosties we experience diwn here and the ones who give messages to mediums.

There does seem to be a higher 'level' where the more advanced spirits hang out and lower levels where those who roam around the Earth live and these ones do not seem to be able to hold conversations as the others do. I suppose it is rather like an educated person and a caveman, one would converse well and the other would converse with grunts and phrases.
I think that some spirits who are quite advanced choose to remain on a lower level for a while, so that they may act as guides for us. And I also think some choose to stay on a lower level until everyone they knew in life has crossed over, so that they may greet them on the other side.

But there are also those who are earthbound and they can't advance spiritually until they are guided into the light.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
I think that some spirits who are quite advanced choose to remain on a lower level for a while
but we dont see evidence of these. If thery were there then we would get some EVPs and ghostie stories where whole conversations happen. Wouldn't we?

I am trying tio understand why there are two distinct types one which offers us words and short phrases only and others who converse properly with us.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:42 AM

9,237 posts, read 4,525,676 times
I have not experienced it personally.Yet I wanted to express a regard for those who have the gift to mediate with the souls.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:38 PM

997 posts, read 693,581 times
I am a medium, but I only talk to guides, not to the deceased. People do things in different ways.

Part of the evolution of that ability is to take it to the next level where the voices go away and are replaced by almost completely non-verbal communication. Even if you are a medium, you want you mind to be chatter free, or at least I do. One thing that I have done in the past, and I still do it occasionally is converse out loud, both sides of the conversation and it is exactly like talking to another person. The benefit is that you keep the conversation external, the drawback is that one must be alone. There really is not a need to 'chat' if you know without words what the conversation is about.

There is a purpose to my work but it isn't to communicate with the spirits of the dead. That is not what I do. Spirits, or personified energy yes, but not those who were once alive.

There is a big thing about 'levels' but not the way it was described earlier in the thread. It is kind a shamanic thing. We have the underworld, the upperworld and the world that we live in, but all the levels are raised as you evolve.

Anyway that is how I know that psychics are real and that the communication is real, but what they choose to communicate requires interpretation and can't always be taken literally. Once you know how and develop the skill, it is easy. Interpretation and learning how to separate fact from fiction takes a lot of experience.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:19 PM

6,922 posts, read 8,626,636 times
To answer the OP'S question, I do not hear voices in my head, but through my ears, as I would any sound.
My deceased partner and I converse often, and it is the same voice he had when living.
Unlike EVP, his words are in sentences rather than short words.

I did one experiment about a year ago, to see if others could hear his voice as I am able to do.
I asked one of my friends to sit in on a session, and he stated he heard nothing, while my partner's voice was clear and audible to me.
Obviously my partner did not like the extra intrusion.
He replied, "I do not want your friend here".

Bob.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:28 AM

1,995 posts, read 1,600,775 times
To answer the OP in a sane and logical manner.

I was involved in an incident where I had gotten trapped in an area that got extremely hot, (near 200 degrees inside and had gotten there very quickly). During the time I only had a few seconds before having a heat stroke. Right before I had stroked out, my adrenalin was running.

Afterwards I had many problems; lost a lot of muscle, had to "relearn" my nerve's (, my electrical pathways had to be "re-found" in small increments), I had several other problems, but not all were bad. One of the positives were at very rare times my senses were working at extremely heightened levels, (I could hear and follow multiple conversations from across a store, I could look down the aisles at the grocery store and see and would be able to focus on everything in sight in a clear panoramic view. I could look at vehicles going down the highway and what appeared to be them pausing in time, I could clearly make out everything from what they were drinking, to what lug pattern was on there vehicle from 100 yards away.

Well back to one of the problems I was having, I thought I was going schizophrenic. I would see what I could only describe as "ghost images" similar to what an overlapping ghost image looks like on a picture. I was also hearing muffled voices that sounded like they were coming from right behind my head/right in the back of my head.

After suffering with schizophrenia for nearly a year, One day I was having one of these moments of heightened senses. I smelled an orange and it took me back to a vacation where I was on a cruise. I could clearly see the buffet, I could smell the other buffet foods, I could smell the salty air, I could even feel the breeze on my skin, when I was in a room with no wind blowing. (I mean a real windy out on the ocean breeze feeling). It was at this moment I realized that the hallucinations I had been having the entire time, were just partial memory recollections triggered by my heightened senses and associating with it past memories of similar sensory input. It was an extremely profound realization for me, and that was the last time I ever had any hallucination, visual or auditory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal