Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 12,401 times

Advertisements

I have had this experience twice, both times in different homes that I have been living in. The first time happened many years ago; I came home late at night to find a "Pepsi Cola" bottle cap in the middle of my hallway. It was shiny and new. I didn't bring that product into my home. I have no idea where it came from. I had two small cats at the time and thought that maybe, they found this bottle cap somewhere and batted it around. A number of paranormal experiences followed this, such as objects going missing and reappearing, windows and doors opening, doors slamming, a door ripped off of its hinges, paper strewn all over the apartment. Eventually, it all died down. Fast forward thirty years or so. I recently bought a vacation home and when I entered after a number of weeks of being away, there was what appears to be a candy wrapper sitting on the kitchen floor. Again, I don't buy candy or cookies or anything that would fit in this wrapper and I haven't had guests for awhile, so no one else has brought this into the home. When I leave the house, all floors are vacuumed so there no chance that I previously overlooked it. The house is secure with an alarm system that is very reliable, so no one has entered. I haven't had any other paranormal experiences here besides two possible episodes of astral projection, or being pulled out of my bed and onto the floor. Of course, this experience may be some dream state phenomena, but I have experienced astral projection before, many years ago, and the sensation was the same. There are no other people in the home when these episodes happen. Any clues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 03:57 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
It's probably just a run-of-the-mill poltergeist, but there are other possibilities.

Brownies? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(folklore)

I've had similar things happen, more disappearing than appearing. I tend to think in my case that it's some of the locals who might have the keys to my house and are "gaslighting" me. Gaslighting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gaslighting is often a result of being targeted by "organized stalkers", also known as community or gang-stalkers. These are fun-loving lowlifes, respected in the community, who get together to stalk and harass victims. Organized Stalking

Old 02-19-2015, 05:08 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
I have pennies show up.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I have pennies show up.
clothes hangers.. i think they breed

Old 02-19-2015, 11:45 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
I read THE RITE last year (http://www.amazon.com/The-Rite-Makin.../dp/0385522711). It's the life story of an exorcist. They made a movie out of the book, but the movie was quite different.

Anyway, I do remember one of the cases he talked about, that objects literally appearing from thin air can be a sign of demonic infestation. But in the case he mentioned, it was not innocuous things. A woman and her daughter saw deformed insects and other things appear out of nowhere.

That said...

If it is genuinely innocuous things like bottle caps and candy wrappers, I wouldn't assume a supernatural cause. Your first thought of a cat or an unknown visitor is the most likely explanation. There's no such thing as a foolproof alarm system. But since nothing was taken, a suspect a friend or acquaintance either accidentally leaving some trash behind or purposefully pranking you.

Don't jump to the supernatural until you have successfully eliminated all the natural explanations.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:26 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
One night I went over to my girlfriends house and another friend joined us.

We started talking about ghost stories and my friend jumped up excited that she had a great video that she and her husband made while staying at a haunted hotel in New Orleans.

We were glued to the TV for almost 2 hours watching the tape and it was fascinating. The doors opened and closed, the faucets would turn on by itself. They left the camera running while they slept while nothing odd happen except seeing a cabinet open and close, the tape would rewind and fast forward itself which was odd.

She also explained that they had some medicine that was wrapped in foil and they had hide it in their suitcase before going out on the town. When they came back the foil was unwrapped in the sink with water in it.

Well, after watching the video, one of my girlfriends said "I need a cigarette after watching that!" well the ashtray they had been using wasn't on the coffee table.

Mind you, none of us got up while watching the video and they were smoking using that ashtray at the beginning.

Well, after searching for 15 minutes for it, we found it...in the kitchen sink with water in it!

Totally creeped us out!!!!

Old 02-22-2015, 12:35 PM

56 posts, read 77,332 times
Smile Pennies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I have pennies show up.
Me too.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:00 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
^^^ some show up for me as well, then other times they disappear in the same way...............

Old 02-22-2015, 01:01 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Doesn't that kind of suck? I mean, here you are waiting for $100 bills to materialize ....... and all you get is a buncha old pennies.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:31 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Not really. Not when you figure out who they are from in heaven!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal