Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 12:55 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Because it is exactly that reason why you are not taught the mechanics of it all.
So how do you KNOW that is the reason? I admit I do not have the answers but I do not tell others they are wrong without backing it up. I will ask questions though.
Quote:
We do not know enough for it to be common sense and if you are being told this then you may not be thinking deeply enough about the details and how it all fits together to make a working Universe.
OK, this is more than a little disingenuous. When I said this all seems to be common sense to me it was regarding prayers and their affects.

All prayers, by their very nature, are an appeal to a higher power. So they are not orders and can in no way affect the free will of others. That would be up to the higher power.

If you could control the higher power just by prayer then would they be a higher power?

Quote:
This is rather like the way we explain things to children who perhaps do not have the experience and knowledge to understand more complicated technicalities. Now we are adults we should be questioning how things work or finding out and documenting it.
OMG! I cannot believe you are saying this. This is why I ask you questions. You often do not answer the question/document but what you stated is the start of the scientific method.
Quote:
Yes, it all might give us a good feeling that we are being good citizens and doing the right things for our community, but there is probably so much more on a cosmic level which we could be doing. Why settle for a highschool certificate when we could go for a Masters degree?
Do you have a masters degree?

And just because we feel we are doing good does that actually mean we are doing good? Especially on a cosmic level? I mean I am not even sure if I can perpetuate any evil on a cosmic level. Would anything I do make a difference on a cosmic scale?
Quote:
There have been occult societies throughout the ages which have investigated and documented all these phenomena and have explained how it all hangs together.
Example please.
Quote:
They may not have it 100% yet, but at least they have tried to do it and their attempts may have the basis for what really happens.
It may and it may not.
Quote:
Orthodox religions are not coming clean about the real techniques and how they work - if they know.
What? I am not sure of any religion, excluding Scientology, that is not open. For them to work they have to be open. The Catholic Church may not recognize certain scriptures but members, and non members, debate the reasons for both sides. I am not sure there is a problem with this at all. Especially since there are so many forms of Christianity that are not Catholic.
Quote:
Any belief system which teaches an intermediary is control-based because you HAVE to go through that intermediary to 'get to God' or achieve the benefits of being a member of the group.
Example please. I do not think even Catholics believe or teach this. You can worship any time, any where.
Quote:
There are truths in there but they are wrapped up in half-truths and my point about thoughts are energy constructs with intelligence is an example which orthodox religions have adopted the concept but fail to teach the detail.
You want details from everyone but when asked to provide details you do not. This is pure hypocrisy.
[quote=ocpaul20;45061166
Why cant people realise having any kind of intermediary is a control mechanism? [/quote]
It may be and it may not. I certainly can see religions where intermediary's act both in a controlling way and others in a teaching and guiding way. I believe it is the human flaws that usually fail us and not generally the doctrine.
Quote:
I (my soul) do not want to be saved if it means having to submit my will to some other being, I would rather learn the rules of the game, use my own choices and deal directly with the boss.
Good for you. But that does not mean anyone else's choice is any more or less valid. I do find other people to be more honest and forthcoming about their beliefs though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 02:22 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
free will

gives us the ultimate perspectives..

if you want to be positive you can be by simply thinking and doing positive.... free will,

you want to help others and make a difference,,,,you can .................. free will..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal