U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 06:58 PM

12 posts, read 9,259 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm new here and wanted to share a story that you may find interesting. First let me state that I am a true skeptic in general, yet this situation left me speechless.

When I was about 25, one night, I woke up around 4 am and was having trouble breathing. Extreme trouble. This had never happened before, or since got that matter. I have no idea what caused it, it was NOT asthma, which I have had my whole life. It was more like I was not breathing at all, for a short period of time. Not sure how long it was, as I felt terrified. Was afraid I might die. I considered calling 911 for an ambulance. This was the only time in my life, I'm 46 now, that I thought of calling 911 or an ambulance. I was terrified because it seemed like I could not breathe, let alone speak, to tell 911 what was happening. Luckily, after a bit of time passed (not sure how long, maybe a minute or two or three?) I began to breathe, normally. What a relief! I was still shaken up and baffled about this episode. I was afraid to go back to sleep, afraid it would happen again. But I did eventually fall back asleep, and all was fine. I thought that would be the end of the story.

That morning my phone rang. It was my mother. I was annoyed that she was calling me early in the morning on a Saturday. She never did that, because she knew I would be sleeping in. I asked why she was calling me, and she said, she was worried about me, was I ok? I said yes, I am fine, but then I thought about what happened last night. She said she woke up last night and was worried about my health, thinking something was wrong. I was so surprised to hear her say that!!! I went into skeptic mode, and asked her what exactly was she worried about. She said My breathing/asthma!!!! I then asked her if she knew what time she woke up. She said 4 am!!!!! I could not believe my ears! I told her to sit down, and then explained what happened to me last night. She was speechless, and so was I. We just sat there on the phone, dumbfounded. How did she know??!! We are VERY close, bit nothing like this had ever happened before, or since for that matter. It is still a mystery.

Being a skeptic, I tried to figure out a reason to explain why she woke up at 4 am and was worried about my breathing. I really can't explain it. The odds of it just being a coincidence are very slim. That was the only time in my life I couldn't breathe, and that was also the only time in my life she called me early in the morning to check if I was ok.

????????

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 07:08 PM

6,232 posts, read 6,807,637 times
Get a sleep study, you may have sleep apnea. Stopping breathing is what happens when you have it.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:08 PM

Thanks! I have had sleep study and I do have apnea. Don't think this was related to apnea because I was not breathing after I woke up.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:07 PM

87,841 posts, read 81,589,805 times
People who have done controlled studies on psi phenomena, card-guessing tests, and telepathy tests, say that these phenomena were evolutionarily advantageous, so we acquired these skills in ancient times. Some cultures are more supportive of developing these skills than others. Ours would be filed under "others". It makes sense that your mom would have a strong connection with you. Having a sense (at a distance) that something is wrong with one's child or loved one is so common, it hardly raises eyebrows anymore.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:28 PM

4,522 posts, read 4,013,281 times
As part of project Stargate (the remote viewing/psi project) the military did some experiments with mothers/young to find out if there was some communication between them and found there was. Yes, it is often believed we have some kind of connection through the energy fields which connect members of the same family together.

When I did Transcendental Meditation a long long time ago, it caused me to go for what seemed like long periods without a breath. How long? I dont know, but it did happen, so there are other possibilities as well as your sleep apnea. However, if you have been tested, then it is going to be that.

Has anyone ever died from sleep apnea or is it something the doctors pronounce like "hearing voices = madness". I need to read up on it.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:52 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,896,326 times
Like they say, ''Mothers know!''

Old 07-27-2016, 11:18 PM

13,596 posts, read 22,228,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Has anyone ever died from sleep apnea or is it something the doctors pronounce like "hearing voices = madness". I need to read up on it.
I don't believe so, but you don't rest well, so you are exhausted, and more accident prone, more likely to have blood pressure, and it's issues....

Old 07-28-2016, 11:49 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,732,661 times
This is something 'fairly common' among parents and offspring, usually the mother. Also twins and siblings that are very close. It can also be between best friends and lovers/married couples.

Two people who are very close, and sometimes not all that close, but someone has a higher psychic sensitivity, will get impressions about the state of another person.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:36 PM

I'm laughing because I thought this was such a big deal, and everyone here is like, meh, no big deal, it's common. Lol!

Old 07-29-2016, 08:51 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,732,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmama2 View Post
I'm laughing because I thought this was such a big deal, and everyone here is like, meh, no big deal, it's common. Lol!
Beauty of the invention of the Internet. The massive exchange of stories from all over has allowed us to not feel so alone or crazy (or special). It has been a database of personal experiences that has given many validation and understanding for what ever it is, or isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal