Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 10:13 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times

Advertisements

Some people believe "Thoughts are living things" - each time we send a thought out there it is a thought-form which has a life of its own.

Many native tribes have a method to protect the burial grounds of their ancestors. This method involves making a 'thought-form' which is the protector of the graves and will actively discourage grave robbers and desecrators. This may be the phenomena behind some of the Pharoh curses and Native American burial ground 'hauntings'. What do you think?

If these prayers and thoughts with intention are really energy beings which can protect as the ancients believed, then we should be careful a) what we 'wish' for and b) what we pray for too. We would be creating though-forms which we have no idea what they will do.

Should we be sending out these thoughts when we dont know and understand what the end result will be? What happens to them after they have finished their goal? We really dont know what we are doing except bumbling around in a huge energy field full of energy beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 10:20 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Some people believe "Thoughts are living things" - each time we send a thought out there it is a thought-form which has a life of its own.
Which people?

Quote:
Many native tribes have a method to protect the burial grounds of their ancestors. This method involves making a 'thought-form' which is the protector of the graves and will actively discourage grave robbers and desecrators.
Which tribes? I've done a fair amount of reading on Native American culture and mythology, and this is the first I've run across this.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:49 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. In a lot of ways it feels you are dancing around a point, in order to get us to come to some sort of conclusion.

It's impossible to control one's thoughts. I know when I am working on a project and I hit a snag, I will walk away from it and do some housework. Pretty much during cleaning the bathtub or doing the dishes, the solution will present itself. Because even thought I am not actively thinking about it as I work, it's percolating in the background.

You can't turn your thoughts off.

But, with what you're saying, does that mean people who do genealogy shouldn't go to cemeteries for research? Because searching amongst headstones looking for that last nearly forgotten ancestor is important work. And, in some parts of my family, while you're looking for great grand uncle who died in WW1, you find several other relatives you didn't know you were looking for. It's exhilarating. Stumbling upon the man who guided your great great grandmother through your great great grandfather's tragic early death, and who also is your great great grand uncle...(small town intermarriage -- look far enough and every one is related)...

Old 08-01-2016, 03:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
I have heard of this ocpaul20...ties into belief of collective consciousness; believed to be a 'living entity' as we are all connected by thought. This beliefs held by spiritual communities, mystics including well known psychologist, Carl Jung.

Shaman's have specific roles in Native American culture, burial grounds being most sacred. Reports of paranormal activity on those grounds, long since developed into residential communities wouldn't be uncommon.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:21 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Maybe the OP is referring to Tulpas.

Level Beyond » Blog Archive » Tulpa: A creature made by thought

Old 08-01-2016, 05:52 PM

997 posts, read 937,105 times
I do understand what he is saying. Thought form would be the same concept as a Tulpa..

I don't really know what happens to them after they have served their purpose. I think they never really go away, or they transform. Energy is malleable but cannot be destroyed.

You can't help what you think about. If you are intentionally doing a spell to create a thoughtform then you should be very careful if you don't know what you are doing.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:19 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Ok, many belief systems think prayers, incantations, intentions, directed will is all a real 'piece of energy' and has a consciousness which is directed and controlled by the intention of the original person. It is not difficult to understand as most of us come from some kind of belief system, whether it be Christian or Native American, Wiccan, Voodoo, etc they all believe that prayers/chants/incantations can have a direct effect on the living.

My point is that we know very little about the energy we are supposedly manipulating to do our will. Healing, praying to God to do such-and-such, casting spells, etc it is all creating these energy constructs which many people know nothing about and it is something which is not taught in orthodox religions, yet the practice of prayer is encouraged. So, all these energy beings are whizzing about and what happens to them? We dont know, so should we be doing it in the first place? No, probably not.

Now, whether you acknowledge the 'physicalness' of these energies is another matter. As a Christian in my early life, the whole subject was never talked about. You just said your prayer earnestly and left it at that, but there is a whole layer on top of that prayer which no-one talks about - probably because they dont really believe that 'thoughts are living things', so what are they doing praying if they dont believe the prayer has an effect on the living?

This is not a Christian-bashing thread by the way.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:50 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Ok, many belief systems think prayers, incantations, intentions, directed will is all a real 'piece of energy' and has a consciousness which is directed and controlled by the intention of the original person.
Which ones?

Old 08-04-2016, 09:31 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:

Many native tribes have a method to protect the burial grounds of their ancestors. This method involves making a 'thought-form' which is the protector of the graves and will actively discourage grave robbers and desecrators. This may be the phenomena behind some of the Pharoh curses and Native American burial ground 'hauntings'. What do you think?

If these prayers and thoughts with intention are really energy beings which can protect as the ancients believed, then we should be careful a) what we 'wish' for and b) what we pray for too. We would be creating though-forms which we have no idea what they will do.

Should we be sending out these thoughts when we dont know and understand what the end result will be? What happens to them after they have finished their goal? We really dont know what we are doing except bumbling around in a huge energy field full of energy beings.
There is a philosophy that says thought is energy and what you emit as thought is what you'll get back in form. Isn't that what the law of attraction is about?

A lot of successful people historically have practiced this by carefully controlling their thoughts even decades ago. Books dedicated to the subject were written by Dale Carnegie and Napoleon Hill, W. Clement Stone and Norman Vincent Peale. All great books, by the way. Those who practiced this include Henry Ford, Charles M. Schwab, Theodore Roosevelt, Harvey Samuel Firestone, Andrew Carnegie, and William Wrigley.

Go back and read some of the older books, rather than the new books on the subject. Those people didn't have a name for what they were doing, but they're books that have helped me tremendously in life and in business.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,702 times
Quote:
This is not just believe of some people. This is the concealed knowledge which is still inaccessible to many secular people. The Living Ethics Teaching says that thoughts are material and they are vibrating in space.

Quote:
Yes, you're right. Many esoteric sources mention about this. The ancient priests used a thought-form method together with some mantras to protect the graves of their kings, pharaohs etc.

Quote:
Buddhism says that our karma (bad or good) arises from our thoughts. Any our actions and deeds are result of our past thoughts. And yes - we are responsible and accountable for our thoughts. This is because the energy that contained in the thought-forms is influencing on everything around, negative or positive.

Quote:
You don't have to worry about thoughts you send out if your thoughts are well-disposed, kind, friendly, peaceful and respectful. In this case your thoughts will bring only good to the world. But we must learn to think this way. And the first step to this is to control our thinking. We must refuse all the bad thoughts which are appearing in our mind. We should watch them constantly. So, discipline in this process is needed. And there is a special practice in some ancient yoga (Raja-yoga) that include meditations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal