Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 12:36 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times

Advertisements

How many have seen the shadow people... Sitting watching TV.. or the kids playing on the floor or the cat staring off into space.. and as you turn you catch something in the corner of your peripheral vision.. a object.. standing -- slowly moving.. and as you focus in.. the cat moves.. the object is gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 01:26 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Get your eyes checked.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:23 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
How many have seen the shadow people... Sitting watching TV.. or the kids playing on the floor or the cat staring off into space.. and as you turn you catch something in the corner of your peripheral vision.. a object.. standing -- slowly moving.. and as you focus in.. the cat moves.. the object is gone.
Yeah you see someone down at the end of the hallway and then turn your head and look more closely, then there’s nothing there. Nothing more than a quick glance and it’s gone.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:49 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
Default I'm Pretty Sure I Saw One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Okay, so one night after I had been reading a lot of online articles about the Mothman (not recommended just prior to bedtime), two things happened that woke me up: my dog, who never, ever barks at night, started making this low bark/growl/moan kind of sound, and at the same time, our fax machine a few rooms away started ringing like a fax was coming in.

Having been awakened at that point, I looked towards the bedroom window, which had a translucent shade on it, and just outside the window I saw the outline of a person. It was standing as though it was turned towards the window. It was in the shape of a man, around 7 feet tall, and appeared to be wearing a men's hat of some kind. (It actually kind of had the silhouette of one of those trench coated detectives from a 1940s film noir.) It gave me a terrible start. I turned away from the window and closed my eyes and just hoped it would go away. And then (anticlimax ahead) I fell back asleep.

The next morning I looked at the fax machine and a fax had come in. The page had no message other than the heading that said at 2 whatever AM, a fax had come in from Unknown Sender, with the fax number left blank.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:58 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
I haven't heard the phrase shadow people since I listened to Coast to Coast when Art Bell was still host. I don't think I've ever seen one.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:06 PM

444 posts, read 324,697 times
Ive never seen one.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I haven't heard the phrase shadow people since I listened to Coast to Coast when Art Bell was still host. I don't think I've ever seen one.
Yes from his underground bunker in Pahrump Nevada.. then George took over.. just not the same..

Old 08-19-2016, 03:25 PM

My theory on shadow people.. the universe has a harmonic and those shadow people I believe are time travelers in another dimension going forward or backwards in time.. and just by chance we see a fraction of time they are in some what like a mirage on a calm body of water or heat vapor rising off a hot road.. must be the angle. The harmonics of the universe is the key. Like a black hole sucks in and bends light.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:42 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,079,887 times
I've seen them...when my brain was fried from working too long and staying awake too many hours. Hallucinations make you see all kinds of stuff that really isn't there.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:42 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
+1 for a vision check to eliminate a vision problem. Peripheral shadows can be one of the first symptoms of retinal detachment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal