Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 01:11 PM

671 posts, read 502,842 times

Advertisements

What does it mean to have a Dream about a Living Person Dying? I had a Dream about My 90 Years Old Great-Grandmother dying a few years ago and then had another similar Dream about a week ago about same Great-Grandmother.
a
A few years back I had a Dream that My Great-Uncle Died then a couple moths later he died of a Heart Attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 01:31 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,291,279 times
It means that you realize the person is old and probably doesn't have a whole lot of time left, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think your dream about your great uncle dying and his death months later is prophetic. I assume he was probably relatively old, so dying from a heart attack wasn't any sort of statistical anomaly.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:33 PM

671 posts, read 502,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
It means that you realize the person is old and probably doesn't have a whole lot of time left, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think your dream about your great uncle dying and his death months later is prophetic. I assume he was probably relatively old, so dying from a heart attack wasn't any sort of statistical anomaly.
Well I wasn't sure where to post this question. I know it probably wasn't My Great-Uncle was 70.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:35 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,652,865 times
This is my standard dream-reply:
When trying to interpret your dreams, keep two things in mind and it usually gets you close to something reasonable. First, almost invariably, images in the dream relate to something/someone you saw or even thought about within the past day before the dream. You might have to really think about it because sometimes it can be even a fleeting experience. Second, dreams are wish-fulfillment; even if that "wish" might seem counter-intuitive or unpleasant. What in your dream relates to events of the prior day or so and what "wish" is fulfilled by the imagery? These may be dreams, but YOU are creating them - you're not renting a video! How is YOUR brain trying to help you to deal with an unresolved issue?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:54 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
This is my standard dream-reply:
When trying to interpret your dreams, keep two things in mind and it usually gets you close to something reasonable. First, almost invariably, images in the dream relate to something/someone you saw or even thought about within the past day before the dream. You might have to really think about it because sometimes it can be even a fleeting experience. Second, dreams are wish-fulfillment; even if that "wish" might seem counter-intuitive or unpleasant. What in your dream relates to events of the prior day or so and what "wish" is fulfilled by the imagery? These may be dreams, but YOU are creating them - you're not renting a video! How is YOUR brain trying to help you to deal with an unresolved issue?
So what would you say about a person who has had extremely minimal dreaming for 22 years.

As in this person had a very traumatic experience (diagnosed with PTSD 4 years later) & 3 days afterward had a horrific nightmare related to this experience. Did not jolt awake during the nightmare but instead was woken by the people they had startled by the blood-curdling screaming they had been doing.

And then since that night 22 years ago have had very sporadic, infrequent & vauge dreams.

Is the brain protecting them? Or are they not working through things thereby becoming a ticking-time-bomb of sorts?

Old 08-16-2016, 08:27 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
I was extremely close to my grandmother and her primary caretaker/helper. I frequented her house weekly to make sure she had what she needed, was feeling well and keep her company. On the night of Jan 7th last year I had a dream where I was standing outside her condo and she was at the door telling me she had to die now. I kept begging her don't go don't go I love you etc etc. She was like "look its fine come back in two hours".. in the dream I was just like ok see you then.

I woke up the next day to an unusual post from a cousin. Around 12 in the afternoon I began my daily routine after getting kiddy off to school and house picked up etc etc. I called my grandmother to come over but got no answer. Didn't think anything of it she always kept busy with bingo or this and that. I began to get worried around 1:30 when I couldn't reach her at home or cell home. She always called me back. At 2 or so I decided to take a drive over thinking maybe she was down at the pool or hadn't turned her phone on.. I pulled in and I could see lights on in her living room through the front window. I had this sudden dread. Grandma never put lights on in the day. Only night which means they had never been turned off. I just knew. I knew she was dead, and she was. Her body had been removed minutes before I got there. I had realized weeks later that like the dream I had waited two hours later than I normally do.(like she requested in the dream). It was the most bizarre thing I had ever had happen to me. I don't know if dreams can be precursors to certain things in our life. I knew my grandmother was in failing health, she complained of being cold a lot and having to take her nitro. She often said she would OD before letting herself get to the point of needing full time care. Her son received all the death certificates and such so I never found out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal