Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 03:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
Hi there. I had passed over responding, but I wanted to respond, I dont think you are telling a tall tale about the bird.

My first thought was a Mothman, West Virginia kind of creature.

My second was some sort of Phoenix bird.

I personally believe that there is no reason why these superbeasts can't be seen but only when they choose to be.
Thank you.

I know how crazy I sound & honestly I can't blame anyone for getting a snarky jab in at me.

I spent 6 years in denial; almost like traumatic amnesia, where I just refused to think about it. Then we moved to an area in town that was super popular with the owls; I watched them hunting every night. Absolutely amazing creatures. But NOT what I had seen...

Thats when I decided to start researching. Animals on our planet eat, eliminate waste & sleep. If I couldn't find factual evidence that supported "eat, sleep & poop" then I would admit that I was nuts, or confused.

The absolute domination of crop circles & cattle mutilations on the internet when trying to find reports of other sightings was very frustrating until I realized I was being handed "eat & sleep" almost on a platter.

The "poop" wasn't very difficult after that due to the consistency of reports of residue in the grassy areas of the crop circles. Even more so was the consistency of slimy puddles found at the scenes of the cattle mutilations. (the alien conspiracy theory people are saying it's evidence of "ectoplasm"?)

One rancher had her skin burned when she touched it; it's described as a white/green/black acidic & slimy substance.

I think one of the most telling things in my area has to be the behavior of our local wildlife following the Waldo Canyon Fire in 2012. Obviously on the afternoon of the firestorm that rushed into town there was a mass exodus of wildlife into the city.

That was 4 years ago & the mountains are now carpeted in lush green plant-life in stark contrast to the blackened trees. But the deer won't go back. They seem to be comfortable as "urban deer" now & it's causing quite a problem. My theory is that with the loss of the tree canopy they have lost the safety of cover & know they are safer in the city where the city lights make it impossible for the Bird to hunt them.

After the Doctor of Cryptozoology that I contacted in the UK said the word "Thunderbird" I decided to try to research Native American "Mythology".

VERY difficult. The history of these people was handed down verbally vs written records. The Thunderbird was considered an actual animal. A sacred animal (like all animals were) but one tribe did have a "legend" of sorts regarding any human that was in the presense of the Thunderbird but was not killed by it.

That occurence placed some kind of omen or responsibility on any human that the Thunderbird chose to leave living.

After a LOT of thought about this I have decided that it is irresponsible of me to say nothing to avoid being ridiculed. 2 nights ago here on CD was the very first time I've said anything publicly. Because IF "he" exists; he does not belong to me.

IF he exists he "belongs" to the people that carved him onto the top of every totem pole. The people who honored & respected his presense & lived WITH him; not in spite of him nor because of him.

IF he exists, he has survived the developement of the industrial age of humanity across North America. We have taken his (& the Native's) home & built huge, noisy & bright metropolitan areas. Airplanes, wartimes, bombs...we have marched into & claimed almost every wilderness...

And he's still here.

I feel like there is a meaning here for the generations of Native Americans that have barely survived the alcoholism, drug addictions & poverty that has plagued them now for so long. If I were one of them I would want to hear that message of "I have adapted, I have survived & I am still here. I have overcome."

Just sayin...

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP.( I still think I've got a better theory than Aliens, though)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 03:43 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
graffiti. At the least its vandalism too (teenage alien vandalism ). I think you and them are being rather liberal calling it "art." I see this as the same things as chainsawing your neighbor's tree into an erection while they are on vacation.
Yeah, yeah, that's what they said about Picasso, too.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:45 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, yeah, that's what they said about Picasso, too.
He was good with a chainsaw?

Old 08-15-2016, 10:53 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
coschristi
Quote:
Because it's not a "normal" bird. It's massive. I believe it is only hunting at night to avoid humans. The need to change from a day-hunter to a night-hunter COULD (not sure yet) explain the orbs of light seen in the areas as eyeshine from a massive eye.
This is a bit of a stretch. Yes it could be, but isn't it rather unlikely? The "orbs" would have to stay fixed in space the same distance apart as the eyes are not moving in the head. No, I just dont think this is very likely.

Quote:
You are right about the point that there are no tracks. But there are holes in the ground. Holes in a tripod pattern about 3 feet across. That IS the tracks; from a massive sized talon.
No, it isnt. Birds of prey do not dig their claws into the ground like a spaceship, they place their feet flat on the ground and the talons bend backwards to accomodate - rather like a chicken does walking.

Quote:
Ever seen a raptor hunt? If the prey startes to give it some trouble, what do they do; they drop it to kill it then land & eat. Eagles do this with snakes in particular. I don't buy that aliens are picking up a cow then oops...dropping it over a fence or in a tree!
Snakes might be a special case because unless the bird of prey has the snake by the head, it is going to be able to squirm and possibly bite. Hence they might drop the prey. A cow is not going to bite and is a totally different shape.

There are lots of people who have seen cryptids, not just you. Thunderbirds, pteradactyls, mothmen, etc, etc, I think we might have bleed-through from one dimension to another and if the conditions are just right then there is a portal or somethiing similar opens up and people here see what may be something from there.

Take the total number of people who claim to have seen these different beasts and beings, then ask yourself if they are all seeing things or making it up to gain attention? We just dont know the conditions which are necessary to allow the two different realities to come close enough to exchange events. It would explain an awful lot of things which cannot at this moment be explained and it is only that some people need proof and physical evidence to believe it is possible. This kind of thing has probably been happening for hundreds and thousands of years.

I dont think crop circles are this phenomena though although they may be made by beings who use that to come here.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:59 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
coschristi
This is a bit of a stretch. Yes it could be, but isn't it rather unlikely? The "orbs" would have to stay fixed in space the same distance apart as the eyes are not moving in the head. No, I just dont think this is very likely.

No, it isnt. Birds of prey do not dig their claws into the ground like a spaceship, they place their feet flat on the ground and the talons bend backwards to accomodate - rather like a chicken does walking.

Snakes might be a special case because unless the bird of prey has the snake by the head, it is going to be able to squirm and possibly bite. Hence they might drop the prey. A cow is not going to bite and is a totally different shape.

There are lots of people who have seen cryptids, not just you. Thunderbirds, pteradactyls, mothmen, etc, etc, I think we might have bleed-through from one dimension to another and if the conditions are just right then there is a portal or somethiing similar opens up and people here see what may be something from there.

Take the total number of people who claim to have seen these different beasts and beings, then ask yourself if they are all seeing things or making it up to gain attention? We just dont know the conditions which are necessary to allow the two different realities to come close enough to exchange events. It would explain an awful lot of things which cannot at this moment be explained and it is only that some people need proof and physical evidence to believe it is possible. This kind of thing has probably been happening for hundreds and thousands of years.

I dont think crop circles are this phenomena though although they may be made by beings who use that to come here.
Thank you for giving me these valid points to consider!

About the orbs; I don't think they would be fixed in space as the bird is flying but you would see orbs that are moving in unison which is consistent with the reports.

All I know for sure is that what I saw was very much alive. And it acted in exactly the same way that any bird would if you suddenly opened your front door when it was sitting on your roof.

I startled it...& it flew away.

I wouldn't for a minute discount your beliefs in alter realities...people who close there minds become stupid; I don't want to be stupid!

I know there are circles that look like a nest. I know that ranchers are finding $1,500 heifers in the tree-tops. And I KNOW there is a massive bird out there.

To me the fact that it is more plausible than aliens does not make it less awsome. It makes it more so.

But again; thank you sincerely for your perspective & please; if you think of something else that maybe I have not considered...please let me know!

Old 08-16-2016, 07:51 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
All I know for sure is that what I saw was very much alive. And it acted in exactly the same way that any bird would if you suddenly opened your front door when it was sitting on your roof.

I startled it...& it flew away.

...To me the fact that it is more plausible than aliens does not make it less awsome. It makes it more so.
I can understand how amazed and dumbfounded you were when you saw this huge bird, but it does not mean that it is the reason for cattle mutilations. There are other people who have had similar sightings so I dont think you need to convince us of what you saw. Those of us who believe in cryptids, probably believe there are all kinds of strange beasts out there which have not been explained.

Now...There are no claw marks on the cows for a start, I think that would be fairly obvious if this large bird was picking up cows and subsequently dropping them into trees. There would be huge puncture-marks where the claws went in to the body.

What is more likely that the beam people talk about in abductions is the one being used to pick up the cow and move it into the ship although why they would dump a cow in a tree when returning it, I have no idea. Normally, as I understand it, there are no struggle-marks or other evidence of a fight and some of these cattle are huge prize bulls which have been taken and killed.

Quote:
I know there are circles that look like a nest. I know that ranchers are finding $1,500 heifers in the tree-tops. And I KNOW there is a massive bird out there.
The value of the cow does not make it more amazing, nor does the the fact that the circles look like a nest.

Nest? why would a bird build a nest in the middle of a field of wheat for only a night? That seems a lot of effort for something like that. Nests are usually used for rearing young and not as a temporary shelter/home/etc

Old 07-17-2019, 10:50 AM

5,462 posts, read 8,180,020 times
https://www.gocomics.com/bliss/2019/07/17

Old 07-22-2019, 12:20 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
I would say NO. Obviously, we have the History Channel show on at this time. Ancient Aliens. Dealing with the SETI message etc. And now the Roswell Rock...

As the introduction to this thread, I remember vividly as a teen in the mid to late 90s that there were some couples and or groups of people that demonstrated for all to see how they would take their boards with rope tied to it and make vast crop circles in about a few hours. This was then credited with debunking pretty much all crop circles. The issues seem to be that they keep appearing, and also that not all of them seem to have the bent stalks from the plank and board hoaxsters.

I think even the SETI response has been called a hoax.

Can EVERY one be a fraud? They don't seem to attract as much attention. But they still happen. And farmers say they hate it.. (also coming to mind is cattle mutilation.)

What should we be knowing about this. ARE they ALL frauds?

Sounds like a few bored farmers. I don't believe aliens travel millions of miles just to land on farmland, leave weird imprints, then, take off. lol

Old 07-22-2019, 10:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Samples taken both inside and outside the circles; with concentration heaviest at circle centers. Their findings different on cross testing done on circles reportedly man made.

https://books.google.com/books?id=pS...ircles&f=false
The crops inside are NOT just knocked down/ bent over either (like someone with a board may do), some of them , the stalks are changed at the genetic level and they are also sort of 'woven' in with the other stalks,its really neat to see one up close.

The man made circles and the real ones look nothing alike.

Im not saying they are made by 'aliens' though, but I do believe the REAL ones are made by something that we are not yet familiar with, plus, humans may not even be the intended recipients of these 'messages', they may be for some other purpose or intended for something else to see.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:46 AM

998 posts, read 436,791 times
I believe that crop circles are real. There are many mysterious things in this world that we can just speculate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal