U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-19-2016, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Canada
6,141 posts, read 2,755,447 times
Reputation: 5781

Advertisements

Personally I have seen one only ( 48 years ago(..but I sure do sense them and often. Either buy odours, sensations of touch (especially back of my neck) a gust of wind in my face ( even tho all windows closed).

One of those times, after getting the back of neck sensation, I looked up and watched my dog sitting facing me and look directly at the wall behind my head. SO, somehow I believe animals are for more capable to the visuals. Their senses are far more acute than humans to begin with, especially smells and sounds. My fur baby was always the protective type..yet showed no aggression whatsoever, just a curious stare ..which actually validated this shadow figure ( who knows, guardian angel perhaps?) was there..and not emanating negative vibes.

I do recall 1 incident way back in the late 60's..when I woke up and saw someone standing at the foot of my bed and shaking it. I was scared stiff, unable to move..closed my eyes and prayed. The shaking stopped and I opened my eyes..Gone! It never happened again. Was it a dream?..I don't believe so..But it was a very unsettling experience.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2016, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow in "OZ "
24,142 posts, read 24,442,165 times
Reputation: 31407
I also agree about the animals.. Not to get in a debate on Cat - Dog But I really believe cats are some what more in tune with shadow people also dogs.. certain breeds for both.. Just stop and think for those with a family pet.. cat / dog sitting day or night -- reading - listening to soft music - knitting -- and your pet reacts.. " That Look" looking at a door way or a corner - another room-- all this is happening in micro seconds-- you glance and see ? by the time you think react and focus again.. it's ?? gone. Like some said.. whispers of a breeze across your neck -- or forearm -- or a bare leg. Your animal is staring at you.. " THE LOOK "... like duh !! hey stupid did you catch that one..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Canada
6,141 posts, read 2,755,447 times
Reputation: 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
I also agree about the animals.. Not to get in a debate on Cat - Dog But I really believe cats are some what more in tune with shadow people also dogs.. certain breeds for both.. Just stop and think for those with a family pet.. cat / dog sitting day or night -- reading - listening to soft music - knitting -- and your pet reacts.. " That Look" looking at a door way or a corner - another room-- all this is happening in micro seconds-- you glance and see ? by the time you think react and focus again.. it's ?? gone. Like some said.. whispers of a breeze across your neck -- or forearm -- or a bare leg. Your animal is staring at you.. " THE LOOK "... like duh !! hey stupid did you catch that one..
Speaking of this~~ I often wondered what would get your pet ( mine were always dogs) all of a sudden start running from room to room, almost like playing tag with something unseen? Then would all of a sudden stop dead in tracks and look disappointed..like all of a sudden their playmate disappeared!

I'm betting these pets are more intune with such entities than we know. IF it was a Negative Entity ..you would see a far different reaction..barking..lunging..yelping almost panicking ..and often (so I have heard described to me) jumping up on their pack leader and squat and back constantly at some unseen thing!!

SO yes..there are obviously unseen things we human's cannot ( and for some dismiss it as either mental illness or some sort of paranoia episodes) be aware of. Like animals..some humans are more sensitive..but those who are don't call those insensitive dummy's , ignorant idiots..

I have never felt the need to declare anything of what I have experienced..unless I recognize a fellow sensitive. Believe it or not..My eldest is even more sensitive than I am..So we have some really interesting conversations
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 07:24 PM
 
21,389 posts, read 10,932,786 times
Reputation: 13229
An example of how the human mind copes but sometimes is wrong: I was contracting at a hospital on a weekend when nobody was supposed to be there. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I convinced myself that I was seeing things. Moment later someone came out of the nearby room and I realized I had lied to myself or at least realized I was "coping" .. Message here~ Sometimes what you pass off as "just seeing things" was actually something.. the other day I saw a light fly past my patio doors... I would have passed it off but the cat was looking directly up at it too. I assume it was a meteor. We are always looking .. seeking a rational explanation.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Canada
6,141 posts, read 2,755,447 times
Reputation: 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
An example of how the human mind copes but sometimes is wrong: I was contracting at a hospital on a weekend when nobody was supposed to be there. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I convinced myself that I was seeing things. Moment later someone came out of the nearby room and I realized I had lied to myself or at least realized I was "coping" .. Message here~ Sometimes what you pass off as "just seeing things" was actually something.. the other day I saw a light fly past my patio doors... I would have passed it off but the cat was looking directly up at it too. I assume it was a meteor. We are always looking .. seeking a rational explanation.
you know..sometimes human's have to realize there isn't an explanation that would ever square with one's particular demand. Just sometimes, we have to accept, there is something greater than ourselves ( as humans) either accept it..try to understand it.. However, straight up denial because it's not proven in black and white for some people..does not equate to impossible..much less due to mental/eyesight problems. It has to do with one's ability to accept human's are NOT the know all be all of the Universe and other whatever dimensions exist.

Denial's often create such absolutes..and will never accept anything..But hey..That's just what humans do! Deny without Proof beyond doubt..and when it's proven by many thousands by personal experiences...what the Deniers do is Blame the one who experiences it as a "Looney Tune".. It's sad really..But it's the human condition and some just haven't evolved beyond their 2 dimensional view of things
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 09:23 PM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
7,987 posts, read 3,700,496 times
Reputation: 23128
I posted this same experience on this forum in a thread over a year ago but it's a pretty "good one" so I'll repeat it:

15 years ago when I was pregnant with my now 14 year old twins & I was home alone. My friend Dena called & wanted to know if I wanted to go out that night but I declined.

It was actually common for me to go out with friends then, order an ice water & watch everyone drink & dance; I liked it. That night I was in a weird mood. Tired & restless all at the same time & felt like being a recluse for some odd reason.

I was just relaxing on my couch watching TV & got up to use the restroom. On my way out I checked myself in the mirror & picked up my hairbrush to run it through my hair.

Mid brush-stroke I froze in place; behind me in the mirror was the silhouette of a man. He was about 6'4", his face was shadowed.

I slowly put the brush down while looking in the mirror. I turned around ... & he was GONE.

Oddly; I wasn't afraid. You would think that a pregnant woman, alone at night would have been on the phone with 911 in a split second.

Instead; I went back to the couch & sat down. At some point a bit later I do remember that Dena called me "Are you SURE you don't want to meet up? You sound weird ..."

I noticed I needed to plug in my phone & the cord was in my bedroom, plugged in to the wall behind the headboard.
The bedroom light was off with the hallway well-lit behind me. I stretched over the bed to reach to outlet.

There was a mirror in the headbord. As I raised my head up; there he was again. Silent & unmoving; he just stared at me.

And once again as I turned; he was gone.

And once again; I went back to the couch. I just sat really still.

A knock at the door startled me. It was Dena, tipsy, loud & "bouncy". She followed me into the living room (having to walk past my bedroom) & sat down with a sly smile on her face.

"Why didn't you just TELL me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Why didn't you just tell me you were going to have company tonight?"

" What company?"

"YOU KNOW ... THAT GUY IN YOUR BEDROOM .."

All I could do was to whisper "He's been here all night ..." And I started crying. Dena ran back to the bedroom but of course; he was gone. She pulled everything out of both my bedroom closet & the hallway closet by the bathroom.

Nothing.

One thing I had forgotten to mention the last time I wrote this is that the day before I had walked about a quarter mile to a diner in the evening, by myself. I was hungry (eating for 3!)& ordered a huge plate of food. I remember at the time there were only 5 other people there. A retired-age couple, 2 guys at the counter talking & laughing & a tall quiet man in a booth.

After eating I asked the waitress for my bill but she smiled & said "Oh; it's been paid. The person that paid it asked to remain anonymous."

I looked around the diner but the only people left were the couple & the 2 dudes at the counter. I don't know if it was even related or just coincidence.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2016, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow in "OZ "
24,142 posts, read 24,442,165 times
Reputation: 31407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Speaking of this~~ I often wondered what would get your pet ( mine were always dogs) all of a sudden start running from room to room, almost like playing tag with something unseen? Then would all of a sudden stop dead in tracks and look disappointed..like all of a sudden their playmate disappeared!

I'm betting these pets are more intune with such entities than we know. IF it was a Negative Entity ..you would see a far different reaction..barking..lunging..yelping almost panicking ..and often (so I have heard described to me) jumping up on their pack leader and squat and back constantly at some unseen thing!!

SO yes..there are obviously unseen things we human's cannot ( and for some dismiss it as either mental illness or some sort of paranoia episodes) be aware of. Like animals..some humans are more sensitive..but those who are don't call those insensitive dummy's , ignorant idiots..

I have never felt the need to declare anything of what I have experienced..unless I recognize a fellow sensitive. Believe it or not..My eldest is even more sensitive than I am..So we have some really interesting conversations
Think of a dog whistle for training.. we as humans can't hear it. But the dog can..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2016, 05:10 AM
 
444 posts, read 238,921 times
Reputation: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Think of a dog whistle for training.. we as humans can't hear it. But the dog can..
I've always been one of those that can hear the dog whistle. Its not TRULY outside of our range. Its just quieter! lol
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2016, 05:24 AM
 
444 posts, read 238,921 times
Reputation: 234
*1 to all the observations about the animals!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2016, 07:21 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,081 posts, read 25,582,210 times
Reputation: 18077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
+1 for a vision check to eliminate a vision problem. Peripheral shadows can be one of the first symptoms of retinal detachment.
Periphal vision, I'd agree. My son and I've seen it come straight from a wall. His visions better than 20/20, a non believer and inspite of what he saw, remains a non believer. I don't think denials uncommon for things we've seen but can't explain.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top