U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 08:30 AM

5,931 posts, read 5,574,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I posted this same experience on this forum in a thread over a year ago but it's a pretty "good one" so I'll repeat it:

15 years ago when I was pregnant with my now 14 year old twins & I was home alone. My friend Dena called & wanted to know if I wanted to go out that night but I declined.

It was actually common for me to go out with friends then, order an ice water & watch everyone drink & dance; I liked it. That night I was in a weird mood. Tired & restless all at the same time & felt like being a recluse for some odd reason.

I was just relaxing on my couch watching TV & got up to use the restroom. On my way out I checked myself in the mirror & picked up my hairbrush to run it through my hair.

Mid brush-stroke I froze in place; behind me in the mirror was the silhouette of a man. He was about 6'4", his face was shadowed.

I slowly put the brush down while looking in the mirror. I turned around ... & he was GONE.

Oddly; I wasn't afraid. You would think that a pregnant woman, alone at night would have been on the phone with 911 in a split second.

Instead; I went back to the couch & sat down. At some point a bit later I do remember that Dena called me "Are you SURE you don't want to meet up? You sound weird ..."

I noticed I needed to plug in my phone & the cord was in my bedroom, plugged in to the wall behind the headboard.
The bedroom light was off with the hallway well-lit behind me. I stretched over the bed to reach to outlet.

There was a mirror in the headbord. As I raised my head up; there he was again. Silent & unmoving; he just stared at me.

And once again as I turned; he was gone.

And once again; I went back to the couch. I just sat really still.

A knock at the door startled me. It was Dena, tipsy, loud & "bouncy". She followed me into the living room (having to walk past my bedroom) & sat down with a sly smile on her face.

"Why didn't you just TELL me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Why didn't you just tell me you were going to have company tonight?"

" What company?"

"YOU KNOW ... THAT GUY IN YOUR BEDROOM .."

All I could do was to whisper "He's been here all night ..." And I started crying. Dena ran back to the bedroom but of course; he was gone. She pulled everything out of both my bedroom closet & the hallway closet by the bathroom.

Nothing.

One thing I had forgotten to mention the last time I wrote this is that the day before I had walked about a quarter mile to a diner in the evening, by myself. I was hungry (eating for 3!)& ordered a huge plate of food. I remember at the time there were only 5 other people there. A retired-age couple, 2 guys at the counter talking & laughing & a tall quiet man in a booth.

After eating I asked the waitress for my bill but she smiled & said "Oh; it's been paid. The person that paid it asked to remain anonymous."

I looked around the diner but the only people left were the couple & the 2 dudes at the counter. I don't know if it was even related or just coincidence.
Wow. Very strange.

I haven't had experiences nearly as amazing as this, but I do catch movement just out of my direct line of vision from time to time, that seems to be someone there. And once I saw an animal going around the corner - thought it was one of my pets but they were all asleep at the time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 09:13 AM

16,081 posts, read 25,592,485 times
Quote:
I posted this same experience on this forum in a thread over a year ago but it's a pretty "good one" so I'll repeat it:

15 years ago when I was pregnant with my now 14 year old twins & I was home alone. My friend Dena called & wanted to know if I wanted to go out that night but I declined.

It was actually common for me to go out with friends then, order an ice water & watch everyone drink & dance; I liked it. That night I was in a weird mood. Tired & restless all at the same time & felt like being a recluse for some odd reason.

I was just relaxing on my couch watching TV & got up to use the restroom. On my way out I checked myself in the mirror & picked up my hairbrush to run it through my hair.

Mid brush-stroke I froze in place; behind me in the mirror was the silhouette of a man. He was about 6'4", his face was shadowed.

I slowly put the brush down while looking in the mirror. I turned around ... & he was GONE.

Oddly; I wasn't afraid. You would think that a pregnant woman, alone at night would have been on the phone with 911 in a split second.

Instead; I went back to the couch & sat down. At some point a bit later I do remember that Dena called me "Are you SURE you don't want to meet up? You sound weird ..."

I noticed I needed to plug in my phone & the cord was in my bedroom, plugged in to the wall behind the headboard.
The bedroom light was off with the hallway well-lit behind me. I stretched over the bed to reach to outlet.

There was a mirror in the headbord. As I raised my head up; there he was again. Silent & unmoving; he just stared at me.

And once again as I turned; he was gone.

And once again; I went back to the couch. I just sat really still.

A knock at the door startled me. It was Dena, tipsy, loud & "bouncy". She followed me into the living room (having to walk past my bedroom) & sat down with a sly smile on her face.

"Why didn't you just TELL me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Why didn't you just tell me you were going to have company tonight?"

" What company?"

"YOU KNOW ... THAT GUY IN YOUR BEDROOM .."

All I could do was to whisper "He's been here all night ..." And I started crying. Dena ran back to the bedroom but of course; he was gone. She pulled everything out of both my bedroom closet & the hallway closet by the bathroom.

Nothing.

One thing I had forgotten to mention the last time I wrote this is that the day before I had walked about a quarter mile to a diner in the evening, by myself. I was hungry (eating for 3!)& ordered a huge plate of food. I remember at the time there were only 5 other people there. A retired-age couple, 2 guys at the counter talking & laughing & a tall quiet man in a booth.

After eating I asked the waitress for my bill but she smiled & said "Oh; it's been paid. The person that paid it asked to remain anonymous."

I looked around the diner but the only people left were the couple & the 2 dudes at the counter. I don't know if it was even related or just coincidence.
Wild...
Remember this post from last year; some people can go a lifetime never having a paranormal experience while others have a few, sometimes many.

Couple questions...have you researched the home you lived in at the time of above...is it the same home where you saw the bird?

I haven't researched the bldg where I live, but since being here the guy who lived across the hall from me hung himself. The units pretty much been a revolving door of occupants after.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:52 AM

17,361 posts, read 9,337,918 times
I tried to see what was walking up the stairs one night. I jumped off of the couch and my dog and I stood at the bottom of the stairs while listening to the last two or three foot steps at the top of the stairs. I never see anything, I can only hear it walking. I would love to see who or what it is. I won't hold my breath. We've been here over 25 years and the strange noises are just that.

Old 08-20-2016, 11:37 AM

7,998 posts, read 3,707,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Wild...
Remember this post from last year; some people can go a lifetime never having a paranormal experience while others have a few, sometimes many.

Couple questions...have you researched the home you lived in at the time of above...is it the same home where you saw the bird?

I haven't researched the bldg where I live, but since being here the guy who lived across the hall from me hung himself. The units pretty much been a revolving door of occupants after.
Hi! These were two seperate locations but in the same city. The shadow man was in an apartment in 2000, the bird was at my husbands house in 2006.

I actually feel guilty in a way that these things happen to me; vs a person of faith. The weird thing is that I'm such a skeptic that I tend to not even talk about it for years & I will try to come up for a "logical" explanation.

When I come up empty handed I reach out to people & then "brace myself" for any ridicule. I have a couple of strange stories here on CD; I'll try to find the links to the threads. One was just recently regarding an ex-BF's dream regarding a hospice patient that I had taken care of who came to him holding our infant daughter who had passed away at age 4 months.

He had been out of state for 9 months in Florida & didn't even know about the case I had worked on or who the patient was but on his first night back he dreamed of an elderly woman holding Jessica who giggled at him & said "I can't go to HER because she will just think she's dreaming; you have to tell her that I am here; with your baby girl & it's going to be OK."

The strangest one was I think my very 1st post on CD involving a little man that I always thought reminded me of a leprechaun ... the whole experience was absolutely ridiculous but absolutely true.

I And then there are the things that happened when I was so young that I've heard about them from family members ... I just don't understand. I have a clean bill of mental health from 2 top Psychiatrists (one is a Neuropsychiatrist) with the exception of ADD & PTSD from the events of my daughters death. I am not prescribed nor do I self-medicate with any medications/drugs.

I wish I could understand it.

I AM considering taking my experience with the bird to a Native American Pow-Wow that will be taking place in Las Animas County here in Colorado next month. The focus of the Pow Wow is spiritual healing from addiction & I think they need to know that the creature who's existence their ancestors honored by carving his image on to the top of every totem pole is still here. He does not "belong" to me ...

Even if I'm the white girl who gets laughed out of the room; oh well, so be it!

Old 08-20-2016, 12:04 PM

444 posts, read 239,334 times
Quote:
Hi! These were two seperate locations but in the same city. The shadow man was in an apartment in 2000, the bird was at my husbands house in 2006.

I actually feel guilty in a way that these things happen to me; vs a person of faith. The weird thing is that I'm such a skeptic that I tend to not even talk about it for years & I will try to come up for a "logical" explanation.

When I come up empty handed I reach out to people & then "brace myself" for any ridicule. I have a couple of strange stories here on CD; I'll try to find the links to the threads. One was just recently regarding an ex-BF's dream regarding a hospice patient that I had taken care of who came to him holding our infant daughter who had passed away at age 4 months.

He had been out of state for 9 months in Florida & didn't even know about the case I had worked on or who the patient was but on his first night back he dreamed of an elderly woman holding Jessica who giggled at him & said "I can't go to HER because she will just think she's dreaming; you have to tell her that I am here; with your baby girl & it's going to be OK."

The strangest one was I think my very 1st post on CD involving a little man that I always thought reminded me of a leprechaun ... the whole experience was absolutely ridiculous but absolutely true.

I And then there are the things that happened when I was so young that I've heard about them from family members ... I just don't understand. I have a clean bill of mental health from 2 top Psychiatrists (one is a Neuropsychiatrist) with the exception of ADD & PTSD from the events of my daughters death. I am not prescribed nor do I self-medicate with any medications/drugs.

I wish I could understand it.

I AM considering taking my experience with the bird to a Native American Pow-Wow that will be taking place in Las Animas County here in Colorado next month. The focus of the Pow Wow is spiritual healing from addiction & I think they need to know that the creature who's existence their ancestors honored by carving his image on to the top of every totem pole is still here. He does not "belong" to me ...

Even if I'm the white girl who gets laughed out of the room; oh well, so be it!
You're not that. Not by a long shot! Im rather enjoying my Inbox with you. DON'T be afraid to talk about your experiences!

I've seen a UFO. Sure, yes, sometimes I dont mention it because you instantly join a "category." But? Once you no longer care... THEN are you free, and you can say whatevs you like.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:31 PM

24,142 posts, read 24,456,675 times
Next time your sitting in your easy chair watching the game.. or race keep a eye on the family pet.. including bird and fish. And that beam of sunlight coming in at a angle with the dust in it... when you see it.. scan the room you have micro seconds.. what do you see.. or what moved. The bird -- the fish -- the cat with " That LOOK " or the dog. Things don't always go bump in the night.. they also happen at any time.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:34 AM

916 posts, read 714,043 times
never seen no shadow anything....I mean ive seen an apparition once ever in my life from a house a lady was murdered but no shadows.....

Old 08-21-2016, 02:55 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,832,718 times
There is a shadow cat that lives here in one of the spare bedrooms. I have seen him twice. One time he ran through the doorway at breakneck speed while I was passing through it just like a regular cat would do. He is solid black with long fur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal