Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 11:11 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
There was recently Facebook video of a brown bear with an obviously injured front leg that was on two back feet. The one front paw was dangling and floppy.

But yes...too small for Bigfoot...
I was meaning tracks left by the rear feet while walking Bi-pedal.

Anyone have any info as to how far they have been seen or known to walk Bi-Pedal?
I doubt they walk very far at a time bipedal. Daily business for a bear is being down low sniffing for food.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:40 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
Grew up in Edmonds, WA...one day in the early 70's I heard a noise coming from the woods. I looked down the hill and there was a little black dog barking towards the woods. Something was shaking a large tree branch violently. The dog just pointed towards whatever it was, barking at it. Whatever was at the edge of the woods - this was University of Washington owned woods that was a huge patch of woods with tall evergreen trees - thick growth of trees - whatever it was, it made a weird, loud combination grunting/howling/screaming sound. Wild boar. Naw - it couldn't do what I saw and observed. I have never heard that sound from an...animal or a person before that nor have I ever heard it again.

The dog kept barking at it. I stared at it wondering what the &*^% it was. It acted mad, shaking this huge, strong branch of an evergreen tree. It was at the low point of the tree - a man would not be able ta take that branch and shake it so violently like that - blew me and the dog away. It screamed really loud - it was the type of noise that just drew you in to it and made you stop and stare at it. The dudes and dudettes on those BigFoot shows on TV are really not...umm...barking up the wrong tree when they stare into the dark like that when their faces are illuminated up.

Eventually it walked back into the woods - I couldn't see anything - I never saw the creature, just saw the branches shaking violently and heard the strange, loud noises. Believe me I strained to see something - it was in the bright afternoon - it cracked branches up as a large, heavy beast would as it walked away. For a few minutes I thought it was a fight between a cougar and a bear - or...something like that. But that was not what I was witnessing. I didn't hear any tree knocks - just those weird, hoarse hollering screams - when you hear it you will get goose bumps on the back of your neck. It was just playing with the tree, or trying to shake some poor critter down from the top that it wanted ta eat...or, who knows?

This went on for about 10-15 minutes. That was all I ever saw or heard of something like that. I was only about 12 years old and it was in the early 1970's in suburban Seattle. Never told anyone anything about it - I didn't know what it was nor could I explain it - so I didn't talk ta anyone about it. But every now and then when I hear the taped recordings it brings that Edmonds day back to my mind. And I imagine some more. The Pacific NW Coast is one of the reported hot spots for Sasquatches, don't cha know. Enter Twilight Zone music, please. You'd have to have been there.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:21 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
...The Pacific NW Coast is one of the reported hot spots for Sasquatches, don't cha know...
Yet there's not a single, miniscule, shred of evidence. Anecdotal evidence is simply hearsay.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Grew up in Edmonds, WA...one day in the early 70's I heard a noise coming from the woods. I looked down the hill and there was a little black dog barking towards the woods. Something was shaking a large tree branch violently. The dog just pointed towards whatever it was, barking at it. Whatever was at the edge of the woods - this was University of Washington owned woods that was a huge patch of woods with tall evergreen trees - thick growth of trees - whatever it was, it made a weird, loud combination grunting/howling/screaming sound. Wild boar. Naw - it couldn't do what I saw and observed. I have never heard that sound from an...animal or a person before that nor have I ever heard it again.

The dog kept barking at it. I stared at it wondering what the &*^% it was. It acted mad, shaking this huge, strong branch of an evergreen tree. It was at the low point of the tree - a man would not be able ta take that branch and shake it so violently like that - blew me and the dog away. It screamed really loud - it was the type of noise that just drew you in to it and made you stop and stare at it. The dudes and dudettes on those BigFoot shows on TV are really not...umm...barking up the wrong tree when they stare into the dark like that when their faces are illuminated up.

Eventually it walked back into the woods - I couldn't see anything - I never saw the creature, just saw the branches shaking violently and heard the strange, loud noises. Believe me I strained to see something - it was in the bright afternoon - it cracked branches up as a large, heavy beast would as it walked away. For a few minutes I thought it was a fight between a cougar and a bear - or...something like that. But that was not what I was witnessing. I didn't hear any tree knocks - just those weird, hoarse hollering screams - when you hear it you will get goose bumps on the back of your neck. It was just playing with the tree, or trying to shake some poor critter down from the top that it wanted ta eat...or, who knows?

This went on for about 10-15 minutes. That was all I ever saw or heard of something like that. I was only about 12 years old and it was in the early 1970's in suburban Seattle. Never told anyone anything about it - I didn't know what it was nor could I explain it - so I didn't talk ta anyone about it. But every now and then when I hear the taped recordings it brings that Edmonds day back to my mind. And I imagine some more. The Pacific NW Coast is one of the reported hot spots for Sasquatches, don't cha know. Enter Twilight Zone music, please. You'd have to have been there.
Thanks. A great post.

You said: You'd have to have been there.I ave some experience along those lines. I totally agree. When you have been there and done that then it changes the doubter.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Yet there's not a single, miniscule, shred of evidence. Anecdotal evidence is simply hearsay.

Yet there's not a single, miniscule, shred of evidence.

You have to go where the evidence is at. No one has a right to another's evidence nor does the owner of evidence have an obligation to share it with anyone.

A news reporter said this.i was told.

because we fear the unknown we don't want to know what's out where we've never been"

Old 08-26-2016, 09:07 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I was meaning tracks left by the rear feet while walking Bi-pedal.

Anyone have any info as to how far they have been seen or known to walk Bi-Pedal?
I doubt they walk very far at a time bipedal. Daily business for a bear is being down low sniffing for food.
I've seen a video of a bear that walked exclusively on its hind legs because it's front paws were injured. If that's what they have to work with they'll do as far as they have to go. Naturally, survival is iffy for them, but they do walk good distances that way. Check Youtube for "walking bear".

Old 08-26-2016, 01:45 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Yet there's not a single, miniscule, shred of evidence...
So, you agree with me.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:58 PM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
Another baiter.

It is rather sad that some people such as yourself, cannot move past needing physical proof but then again... there IS physical proof with large footprints, large handprints, sighings (remember eye witnesses are allowed in a court of law, so that must say something) by reliable witnesses, etc, etc so why do you continue to harp on about evidence and proof.

Read the other thread where 'the believers' have already said we dont need proof and so why should you on this forum - unless you are baiting. What other reason can there be?

Also, shame on you for not being more active in that other thread about those needing proof for everything. When your support was needed, you did not step up to the mark and provide it. If you had got all your "needing for proof" or "needing evidence" out in the open and debated, then you would not need to keep asking for that which is so elusive to you.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:16 AM

712 posts, read 2,145,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
What's your take on this phenomena ???
My take is it's real.. in some case people have found hair that has no DNA matches to anything on file.. particularly I like the evidence found by Josh from Destination Truth... he was quite humorous in his adventures.

But so were clear; my understanding is bigfoots etc. can travel.. that's why you can't find their lair etc. and by travel I mean methods that we currently have no comprehension of.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
So, you agree with me.
No not at all. i was just quoting you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal