Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 12:19 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times

Advertisements

Look up "Gigantopithecus' on Search. You'll see that there really was a Genus of apes that was in many ways analogous to the descriptions of Bigfoot. They are thought to have been most closely related to the Orangutan and lived in the same general region of the world. Maybe they didn't become extinct 100,000 years ago?

During a prolonged drought in Africa a couple of hundred-thousand years ago, our immediate ancestors barely survived, with a population that dropped to only about 35, including just 3 fertile women (one or more of whom are direct ancestors of us all). Gigantopithecus might have endured a similar population crash.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:58 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
People have spent countless hours in the woods, trying to obtain evidence of Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch, etc. No one has found even the most miniscule evidence that such a creature exists. All we ever get is a questionable "footprint," or an explanation that these creatures inhabit multiple dimensions, or that they have the ability to "cloak" themselves.

"The truth isn't always popular, but it's still the truth."

Old 08-22-2016, 05:53 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Look up "Gigantopithecus' on Search. You'll see that there really was a Genus of apes that was in many ways analogous to the descriptions of Bigfoot. They are thought to have been most closely related to the Orangutan and lived in the same general region of the world. Maybe they didn't become extinct 100,000 years ago?

During a prolonged drought in Africa a couple of hundred-thousand years ago, our immediate ancestors barely survived, with a population that dropped to only about 35, including just 3 fertile women (one or more of whom are direct ancestors of us all). Gigantopithecus might have endured a similar population crash.
Gigantopithecus and orangutans lived in a part of the world with abundant natural food sources. Fruits, vegetation, etc. Enough food to support a large mammal. The areas where Bigfoot supposedly lives have none of this. A large mammal cannot survive off of pine needles and branches. Food is so scarce that bears have to hibernate in order to survive the winter.

The only way a nine foot primate could survive in the Pacific Northwest would be to turn omnivorous and hunt, supplementing a large part of its diet with fresh meat.

Then you have to factor in the needed population to maintain a healthy breeding stock.

So now you need a few hundred nine foot carnivorous primates roaming the woods to survive. Were that going on, I'm pretty sure we would have some credible evidence by now. If not at least some clear photos, then definitely a corpse, a nest, bones, scraps of hair, etc. Instead we have nothing.

If Bigfoot exists --- and I remained thoroughly unconvinced --- then he must be supernatural in origin.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:00 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
All These Big Foot Sightings !!! ... Whats History Tell Us ???
That people have always liked to tell tall tales. And that people have always managed to put big feet in their mouths.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:56 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
People have spent countless hours in the woods, trying to obtain evidence of Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch, etc. No one has found even the most miniscule evidence that such a creature exists. All we ever get is a questionable "footprint," or an explanation that these creatures inhabit multiple dimensions, or that they have the ability to "cloak" themselves.

"The truth isn't always popular, but it's still the truth."
Bigfoot = god?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:07 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
A human population bottleneck of 35 people (32 men and 3 fertile women)? I don't think that would be enough for the species to have survived extinction. Where did you come across those figures?

Old 08-22-2016, 11:38 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
A human population bottleneck of 35 people (32 men and 3 fertile women)? I don't think that would be enough for the species to have survived extinction. Where did you come across those figures?
I read the number was 40 people. But are we going to quibble over 5?

How Human Beings Almost Vanished From Earth In 70,000 B.C. : Krulwich Wonders... : NPR

Keep in mind it's an unproven theory, and until someone invents a time machine, there is no way to prove it beyond all doubt.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:46 PM

997 posts, read 937,105 times
I think a bigfoot sighting is like a ghost sighting. Some people see leprechauns or fairies. In my opinion they are the same type of phenomenon.

I think they are real in their way but not of this earth.

I have heard stories and I knew someone who had a full encounter and brought back bigfoot poop. Evidently they mix it with dirt or something to hide the evidence. The stories I heard were nonsense but there is a big thing about how bigfoot hides the evidence of their existence. There was more to the story, and it was interesting but not convincing.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:06 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
Hunters have Nikon etc?

Though I agree.. with all these smartphones...

I still believe that Bigfoot may not want to be seen and may have the ability to cloak himself.

Klamath scream is some scary stuff.

And he would challenge even a .30-06, he is a powerful beast.... Though, there was a YouTube movie of a California guy that SWEARS he saw a Bigfoot, and its family. Coulda been drinking, though, they were in the movie, it was a "talking about the experience" kind of movie..

Everything that can go wrong, will, with Bigfoot. Yeti. Sasquatch. ITS NOT JUST THE USA....
I remember that episode of the bionic man too.

Turned out Sasquatch was an alien robot....pretty sweet.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:53 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Gigantopithecus and orangutans lived in a part of the world with abundant natural food sources. Fruits, vegetation, etc. Enough food to support a large mammal. The areas where Bigfoot supposedly lives have none of this. A large mammal cannot survive off of pine needles and branches. Food is so scarce that bears have to hibernate in order to survive the winter.

The only way a nine foot primate could survive in the Pacific Northwest would be to turn omnivorous and hunt, supplementing a large part of its diet with fresh meat.

Then you have to factor in the needed population to maintain a healthy breeding stock.

So now you need a few hundred nine foot carnivorous primates roaming the woods to survive. Were that going on, I'm pretty sure we would have some credible evidence by now. If not at least some clear photos, then definitely a corpse, a nest, bones, scraps of hair, etc. Instead we have nothing.

If Bigfoot exists --- and I remained thoroughly unconvinced --- then he must be supernatural in origin.
You know what the difference between Bigfoot and Gigantopithecus is?

Given hundreds of years we have scientifically verifiable (DNA, skeleton etc.) evidence of one and not the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal