U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:50 AM

9,783 posts, read 4,570,883 times

Advertisements

I had kinda an odd experience last night with get this, my mini water cooler. My cooler is about a foot long and I use it to pack ice and drinks in my car during the hot summer months. I took a road trip on Labor day and packed it with ice and a can of Coke.

I never drank the coke and when I got home, I was dismayed to see that the can had opened in transmit and the cooler was filled with coke. I figured that when the ice meant, the can jostled around and busted open.
I found it a little odd that the can had opened from the inside as if someone had pushed up on the tab from below and opened it.

I took the cooler inside yesterday and set it on my kitchen counter top on the sink intending to clean it later when I washed dishes. About an hour later, I heard a loud bang and discover that not only had the cooler fallen to the floor, but it had flipped over completely causing the coke to spill all over the floor.

I was really ticked off and stood there in disbelief. Sticky coke spill is no fun to clean up. After I cleaned it up, I found myself wondering how it fell in the first place. If I had put the cooler too close to the edge, it should have fell immediately. Not an hour later. I did have a bottle of water still in the cooler so maybe it rolled to the other side creating a distribution of weight making it tip over. But this is a flat surface. Why would a bottle suddenly roll an hour later without any kind of energy source?

Can anyone explain what happened here?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 11:24 AM

997 posts, read 696,446 times
There was a reason for coke to spill all over. It was an energy thing. Coke means something symbolically.

Besides that, I wouldn't worry about it. It was just an isolated incident I would imagine.

It might have something to do with your location. You aren't haunted in any unusual way but this was just an incidence.

I would think that you are not imagining things, which happen for a reason. Don't try to figure it out. Shrug your shoulders and go 'hmmm'.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:53 PM

9,982 posts, read 7,380,995 times
probably an Invisible Terrestrial Entity.

you can search that term.
they have been discovered.

Old 09-12-2016, 01:52 PM

5,168 posts, read 3,616,066 times
I do not find any of this unusual. Contents of can are under pressure, I can drop 20 cans from chest high and nothing will happen to them...then every so often you get one that turns into a gusher.

Also the cooler falling, this does not surprise me. If there was ice in it the center of balance could have changed as it melted. If it was just water it could have been vibrations or even air.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:00 PM

5,795 posts, read 4,510,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I do not find any of this unusual. Contents of can are under pressure, I can drop 20 cans from chest high and nothing will happen to them...then every so often you get one that turns into a gusher.

Also the cooler falling, this does not surprise me. If there was ice in it the center of balance could have changed as it melted. If it was just water it could have been vibrations or even air.
The "exploded from inside" sure sounds like it was shaken up and vibrations caused it to blow its top.

Regarding the cooler falling -- I've seen condensation create a slick layer under an object on a smooth countertop resulting in its sliding due to the surface not being 100% flat.

So I vote physics.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:47 PM

4,533 posts, read 4,029,525 times
Yes, probably a natural occurrance. Particularly since the coke is under pressure etc. However, it is also possible something is telling you that coke is not good for you.Maybe some friendly spirit is warning you of the dangers of coke?

Are you having health issues, sweating at night (too much sugary drinks), or drinking coke excessively?

See if a similar thing happens again.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:02 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,616,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, probably a natural occurrance. Particularly since the coke is under pressure etc. However, it is also possible something is telling you that coke is not good for you.Maybe some friendly spirit is warning you of the dangers of coke?

Are you having health issues, sweating at night (too much sugary drinks), or drinking coke excessively?

Now we have ghost doctors?

Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 AM

11,568 posts, read 14,603,598 times
Ice shifted around, and a piece was just the right shape to get under the lid and crack it open. While rare, the right physics were in place at this time. As for the cooler falling, my guess is more ice leaning on one side maybe, changing the center of balance.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:27 AM

9,783 posts, read 4,570,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Well the coke can contents were completely empty by then. It was just floating in water. There was no ice left. I just can't see if it was laying on a flat surface for an hour that suddenly an energy source would have tipped it over. I had another object just randomly fall off my counter top last night too.

But I am trying to get rid of my coke addiction.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:50 AM

10,935 posts, read 12,338,296 times
Of course it was physics. Everything that every object does or that happens to every object is the result of the principles of physics.

We don't know enough to know how this happened, but the slippery counter and exploding pressurized container theories seem plausible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal