U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 10:48 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,517,193 times

Advertisements

I dodged 9-11. I would normally follow a routine of going shopping into Manhattan's Chinatown at that early time of day to beat the old ladies to the best produce, then back through the City Hall area to the World Trade Center and hang out in the mall/cafe, then take the PATH train home to Jersey City. A bizarre thing happened. The money I was going to use for my trip was blocked. My dad sent me shopping money but Western Union would not release it and gave no explanation! We went to 3 stores then gave up. I knew for a fact my money was there but they could not give it to me. I was soooo mad! I told my mother I planned to go anyway but I overslept that morning. I was super tired and groggy and the phone ringing off the hook woke me up! She was in a panic and was relieved I picked up. She said "turn on the tv!" I hyperventilated when I realized I would have been there. Minutes later the first building fell apart and I've only been back one time in 15 years. I've never been so glad to be "inconvenienced" in my life. Someone or something blocked me getting my hot little hands on that money and ended my desire to bound out of bed at 7 and go running into the city. THANKS!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 08:24 PM

7 posts, read 4,063 times
I belieave they r signs i hav had signs too. i think its a awaken to my higher. self. its weird i feel different. Startin to think different. it felt like a stuggle. don't worry ur be fine hon. just stay grounded

Old 11-13-2016, 10:35 AM

93 posts, read 52,048 times
I am not religious but I believe that the people who truly loved and cared for us in life will always continue to do so. [True] love is stronger than death. So the idea of a guardian angel (or even having several) makes complete sense, imo.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:14 PM

311 posts, read 407,525 times
My husband and I were traveling on a very busy 3 lane highway. We were in the middle lane. All of a sudden our car lost power. But in a split second, there was no traffic and the car seemed to glide to the side of the road. It felt like someone was watching over us that day. It could have been a bad situation.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:59 PM

88,102 posts, read 82,048,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flower54 View Post
My husband and I were traveling on a very busy 3 lane highway. We were in the middle lane. All of a sudden our car lost power. But in a split second, there was no traffic and the car seemed to glide to the side of the road. It felt like someone was watching over us that day. It could have been a bad situation.
Wow. Did you ask each other "what just happened?!" Did you both perceive it the same way?

Old 11-17-2016, 10:23 AM

1,749 posts, read 1,031,696 times
Many years back a car acident. I was knocked by a speed car on a busy road and flew in the air, at that instance my only thought was "I'm gonna die". But apart from in deep shock, some bruises and scratches I wasn't seriously injured.
It was also fortunate that I landed on the side of the road or it could have been worst. So yes, maybe there is someone watching over me.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:15 PM

13,667 posts, read 22,315,945 times
Friend of mine was in a motorcycle accident. She and her husband were hit from behind from a very fast moving 18 wheeler...and the motorcycle was crushed and mangled...they both felt themselves being "lifted and placed" by the side of the road. The belief is the driver fell asleep, which is why it happened, but no one there can understand how they survived, let alone, survived with no injuries, save a torn jacket and jeans.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:23 PM

35 posts, read 18,049 times
I am severely (deathly) allergic to tree nuts, especially walnuts.

I was at a post-funeral luncheon and was filling my plate with food. I got to the desserts and there was this delicious looking cheesecake. I LOVE cheesecake. I lifted a slice with the serving utensil and was about halfway to my plate with it, when I heard a "voice" in my head say, "Put it back." I thought it was weird, but I listened to the "voice" and put the cheesecake back down instead of onto my plate.

A litte later, I overheard another guest commenting on how wonderful the cheesecake was, to the person who had prepared the cheesecake. She thanked her and said, "I will tell you my secret. I put ground walnuts in the crust along with the graham cracker crumbs..." Yikes! There was no way to visually tell that the walnuts had been added and if I had eaten the cheesecake it would have been very bad for me. I truly feel like "someone" was watching over me that day, and saved my life.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:34 PM

16,719 posts, read 16,481,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasiscakes View Post

That is one incident that I felt very STRONGLY.
My husband gets these feelings that he should do something and after the one time he didn't listen, he learned to never ignore it again.

That one time, something told him to go by his friend's house after work and see how he was doing. He was busy and just tried to shake it off, but it wouldn't go away. He wound up not going and it bothered him all night to the point he couldn't sleep, and he got up at 3am and went to his friend's house.

The house was surrounded by first responders. He had committed suicide.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:55 PM

3,180 posts, read 3,911,825 times
I've had several experiences of interventions by ''guardian angels'' or ''spirit guides'', one of whom I know is my deceased mother.
Sometimes it happens in an actual event, sometimes in a subtle, but clear as day, revelation or insight which I term the ''still, small voice''.
A few times they have literally saved my life.
Luck? Pure chance? Coincidence? I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal