Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 03:52 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times

Advertisements

I apologize if this thread offends somebody but this forum is read by so many people; I need to know if anyone else is having "issues".

I will start by saying I've never been really "sold" on the idea of Reincarnation. I'm not against it due to religion or anything, not closed off to the idea but I've just never been one to get into the whole "past-lives" thing.

My twin girls were born 9/14/2001. This year I cut my yearly "This is what happened/This is why 9/11 is such a big deal" talks off short, due to some pretty intense reactions from them.

I'm talking blanched white faces, nausea, tears. All from a somewhat PG-13 documentary they watched in school & a 20 min discussion with me.

Add to that a few things that were said by them when they were very young (3-4 years old) that came out of left field ... I will relate something that was said.

They do not remember saying it (as far as I can tell) & I've never told them that they said it.

It happened when we were stopped on a busy street in heavy traffic to let 2 fire engines out of a firehouse. They came out with horns/sirens & lights blaring. My twins were buckled into their car seats. One of them was playing with her dolly; waving it around & bouncing it off her tippy-toes, just smiling & sing-songing when suddenly she said (I'm intentionally mis-pronouncing to reflect EXACTLY what was said).

"I said for you after the fire." The other one: "Me too. I knowed you too."

I asked " ? Hmm; what fire?"

Her: " When I was a lady, I wore my new, pink, dress in the morning."

Then: " Those firemans told me no jumping. But my pink dress had fire on it. I went to the window but the firemans said no. So the fire made me died."

The other one: "My airplane made me died."

The one that made the "no jumping" comment came home from school feeling ill & said "Mom; I can't get the sound of those people that hit the ground out of my head. It was just so awful."

The thing is; I've seen that documentary they were shown. They don't play the actual "sounds of people hitting the ground". It's not on the video.

My question is:
Is this just teenage drama I'm dealing with? Toddlers excited by a fire truck? Or is it possible that I have something else on my hands?

Like I mentioned; I've never been a reincarnation believer but ... (?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 04:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Not quite in the same level.

Our family has the bus curse.
Every time someone announces they are pregnant.. Right around the family members due date.. Another family member passes.. We call it the bus curse because we believe our tree can only hold so many souls.. Someone has to get off the bus!
I hate it.. But it's true.. My dil is pregnant.. And I am terribly upset that another funeral will come about so that a new life can enter..I love that we are getting a loving child.. But golly.. This losing loved ones is taking a toll...

My beloved granddaughter (now 3 and a half years old)who was born a few months after my mom passed.. Did sit with me a few months back and said : Mimi.. I saw you cry so much ! Why be sad? I am with you now...
That freaked me out.. Since I did not grieve in her presences except the day she was baptized.. Otherwise I do not shed tears around her... That still sends chills because she looked straight at me and looked just like my mom when she said it ( mannerism wise)

Old 09-16-2016, 05:55 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Not quite in the same level.

Our family has the bus curse.
Every time someone announces they are pregnant.. Right around the family members due date.. Another family member passes.. We call it the bus curse because we believe our tree can only hold so many souls.. Someone has to get off the bus!
I hate it.. But it's true.. My dil is pregnant.. And I am terribly upset that another funeral will come about so that a new life can enter..I love that we are getting a loving child.. But golly.. This losing loved ones is taking a toll...

My beloved granddaughter (now 3 and a half years old)who was born a few months after my mom passed.. Did sit with me a few months back and said : Mimi.. I saw you cry so much ! Why be sad? I am with you now...
That freaked me out.. Since I did not grieve in her presences except the day she was baptized.. Otherwise I do not shed tears around her... That still sends chills because she looked straight at me and looked just like my mom when she said it ( mannerism wise)
Oh my Lord ... that bolded part gave ME chills. Life can be so bittersweet.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:01 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
There is lots of 'evidence' for reincarnation. Unfortunately it is all down to beliefs because we just dont know yet what happens after death. If we did, there would be a lot less fear and grieving done.

Apart from religious stuff, try reading the Robert Monroe books to read about the things he experienced when learning about out-of-body journeys. Others too have documented what they experienced as out-of-body or astral projection journeys which may give weight to the idea we can return.

I think the only way to 'know' for sure is to try these various techniques and find out for ourselves, but then it is a personal knowledge and not something which can be scientifically proven.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:55 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
I think the fact they are twins and they have said what they have said and felt what they felt, it's quite compelling and I would not say no to the idea that they are reborn souls.
It would be interesting to see if you could find a victim who had worn a new pink dress that morning. Of course you can't ask them, but today with the Internet, there is so much accessible documentation it's not exactly hunting for a needle in a haystack. I would not be surprised at all if you found something. Perhaps a picture of the woman taken just that morning in her pink dress.
As far as the sounds of, well, you know. That may not be so mysterious. It is possible that the sounds have been put in by the mind. Our brains do funny stuff like that to fill in the blanks.
So let's think about that. I take it the one who died by fire in the pink dress is the one that said that of the sound? But either way, those clinging to life still in the towers would not be able to hear the sound of a body hitting the ground.
But that does not mean they did not experience it. Perhaps the soul wandered while the events where still unfolding.

I have a different possible theory. It's not past life, but energetic impression. A 'branding' of sorts.
I live on the west coast, in the woods. The air is usually always full of critter noises of some sort, especially on a day as beautiful as it was that day. I noticed that there was a very odd silence and stillness in the air. Being from California, when the air is still like this, it tends to indicate an earthquake. The animals know it's coming and they are not chatty at all.
But then I learned of the plane and the one tower...the second one had not hit yet. The animals event tally got to making noise, but it was different, more subtle, and the air just became more heavy as the day went on.
It's said that battlefields can hold residual impressions that cause this repetitive haunting. With energy being what it is, if it can to that to land, I suspect that a tragic event of this size that millions of people emotionally reacted to all at once over the thousands upon thousands of square miles that is this country, could have some sort of impact on any tender new souls.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I've read a few books on reincarnation and feel that it's gained credibility now that some universities have departments dedicated to studying it.

I've never read anything that would indicate a soul returns to this physical life that quickly, however. There is work to be done in our life between lives. Retrospection, healing, reflection on what we learned, etc. It would be unlikely, based on what I've read, that a soul would perish, and be back in this life in a matter of days.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:08 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
OP..your post brought tears to my eyes. Have you seen the documentary " the ghost inside my child " on lifetime i believe. Those stories are just like yours...

Old 09-18-2016, 12:47 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There is lots of 'evidence' for reincarnation...
There is none. At best, your use of the term "evidence" should be replaced by the term "speculation."

Old 09-18-2016, 05:26 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,107 times
My 3 year old grandson kept telling his mom who is my Step daughter, and anyone that would listen that he used to be a mommy and he died when his car hit a tree. So, one day when I was over there I asked him about it and he told me the same thing. He was a mommy he said, and he died when his car went smoosh into a tree, and then he looks me right in the eyes and say's 'you remember, you were there'.

I got goosebumps when he said that.

Coschristie...

Have you asked them what their names were?

Old 09-18-2016, 05:52 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
You haven't believed until....now. I, too, didn't believe for a very long time, in spite of being a Buddhist my whole life--reincarnation I just couldn't swallow--until I had an unusual experience where it seemed that some past life memories bubbled up out of nowhere. Even then, I couldn't believe it, and explained it away. Then another 15 years later, I got a confirmation of the past life scenario, so now I believe.

I think it's good to have experiences that stretch our minds, and make us re-evaluate and look at reality in a different way. It's challenging, which is a good thing.

I know a psychologist who said that one day she crossed paths with one of her clients, on a weekend, who was with his little 4 or 5-year-old daughter. She was in the middle of reading her dad the riot act, lol, because he'd told her to do something she didn't want to do. So she got all huffy, and said, "Last time, when I was the mommy, and you were my little boy, you had to do what I said!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal