Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 09:34 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times

Advertisements

As a teenager we too fooled with the Ouija board, but one time particular stands out in my memory from many years ago. I think it was late sixties, we were at a family get together and us younger cousins were in the basement and started a Ouija board session. We "detected" something and started asking questions, we asked for a name and we spelled out "Tuttle", none of us knew any Tuttle's and nobody around the neighborhood with that name. We asked the board if they were there and it said, yes, we asked if they could see us, and it said yes, so we all freaked out and got out of there. I think about a week later, we tried to contact Tuttle again, but nothing happened. For some reason that session is stuck in my memory and we joked about it for years. Of course, that happened many years before the internet, so one day, a few years ago, I was bored and and it came to mind so I did an internet search for "Tuttle". As it turns out, there were families with that name in the area during the 1600's and 1700's, and with just a little research I found through marriages that some of the names of local roads associated with families with connections to Tuttle. Now that's spooky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 01:55 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
I did as a teenager. NOTHING GOOD CAME OUT OF IT.

Personally, I would not go near one.

Ever,

Old 10-02-2016, 02:07 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
HELL NO!!!!

And I would never touch one.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:12 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,132,655 times
one time when she was a young woman my sister used one with a friend. during the conversation with her friend my sister said, "oh, you little devil", the planchet started moving and spelled out, " the sevants of Satan are not small".

Old 10-02-2016, 03:41 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,033 times
Nothing happened.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:36 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Never owned one and never will. Not taking any chances.

Don

Old 10-03-2016, 10:46 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
Played spirits board back in teens. The kind that all of us place our middle finger on a small dish and ask question, I was skeptical and sure that someone deliberately moving it. Just pure fun for me.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:05 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
I will never touch one again.

Back in the 60s a group of women friends and I got together to use one. The object would move around the board and point to letters, spelling out things. We were to just have our fingers over the pointer, not touching it. I told them that I thought that they were touching it and therefore, moving it. So I said that I wanted to do it alone. I place my fingers over the object without touching it and kept my eyes opened. I made sure that no one else was touching it. I asked a question and the pointer moved away from me at a fast speed and stopped and turned at a letter.

There was just something ever uncomfortable about it, and later on a psychic came on TV and said that they were dangerous. I had stopped using it before then.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:49 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I will never touch one again.

Back in the 60s a group of women friends and I got together to use one. The object would move around the board and point to letters, spelling out things. We were to just have our fingers over the pointer, not touching it. I told them that I thought that they were touching it and therefore, moving it. So I said that I wanted to do it alone. I place my fingers over the object without touching it and kept my eyes opened. I made sure that no one else was touching it. I asked a question and the pointer moved away from me at a fast speed and stopped and turned at a letter.

There was just something ever uncomfortable about it, and later on a psychic came on TV and said that they were dangerous. I had stopped using it before then.
Maybe one of you was manipulating the pointer with a magnet under the table?

Old 10-06-2016, 01:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Yes, and was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. I was 14 and home alone using it. A little while into it, I started hearing stomping up the stairs and across the upstairs. I stopped because I was obviously scared ****less, when all of a sudden I felt something go past me, making this horrifying, demonic sounding laugh. I ran out of the house and wouldn't go back in until my brother got home from school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal