Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 12:27 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 12:35 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
This image is of a bottom window of a house in Maine that we looking at as a possible retirement home. The minute we walked in the house I knew that we were not alone. I had ventured off on my own and found a charming bedroom with an original beautiful fireplace. There was a small room next to the bedroom but I just couldn't go in it. I felt like I was not alone in the bedroom and that I was intruding. John my husband had taken pictures of the house and I almost threw the photograph away but something in that bedroom window caught my eye. I took the magnifying glass and looked at it and it made my skin crawl. We blew up the image of the lower pain of the window and these images appeared.

Is it a play on light? It was an over cast day and there were no clouds in the sky. It's creepy and I know how I felt in that house. I also knew that I couldn't live there.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:03 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,312,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Thats what I wondered too. You would have thought I would have been scared to death but I wasn't.

The first time I saw him when I was brushing my hair in the bathroom mirror I was shocked ...but not afraid.

When I turned around to see no one standing there I thought maybe I was just over tired & was "seeing things".

But the second time I saw him, in the bedroom headboard mirror; I just KNEW. I already KNEW that when I turned around that I would not be seeing anything.

The wierdest thing was the flood of emotion that came over me when my friend Dena sat down & said "Why didn't you just TELL me you were going to have company?"

My mouth said "What do you mean?" My heart knew he had chosen to show himself to her.

Almost like he was saying "Yes; I was really here."

That whole pregnancy was just wierd, wierd, wierd. It was as if the "windows" were always open.
Another poster and I were discussing that same thing. It's like on some level we know they're spirits and understand that. I wasn't afraid when I saw the ghost in my house either. I should have been, but I wasn't. I was more confused than anything.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Only in photos I've taken and seen after the fact, once I transferred them from the camera to my computer.

Lord knows I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw one live.

Or would that be 'saw one dead'?

Eh, you know what I mean.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:59 PM

776 posts, read 579,987 times
......I didn't see one but, I think I heard one though. My family lived in a two story house for about two years when I was little. The kitchen and living room were on the first floor. The second floor consisted of two bedrooms in the rear of the house, bathroom on the side of the house, and the master bedroom facing the front with a door to the attic in it.
......My mother swore she keep seeing a shadow figure upstairs, sometime when bathing, and constantly in her bedroom. I never saw it but one night I was taking a bath up stairs and the light went off, pitch black. Being like 6 or 7, and a major wuss, I started to cry. I swear I heard a boys voice tell me "Don't cry, I won't hurt you." Of course that only made me cry more. When my mother entered what felt like a minute later, she jiggled the light switch and it started working again. From then on I started to shower down stairs, but still had to sleep up stairs.
Everyone thought my mother was nuts, but about six months after we moved out a friend of the family found a story in the news paper archives. It turns out a small boy dyed in the attic sometime in the 40's. It was very creepy and hard to swallow as I am a logical person and don't believe in ghost. The problem is I 100% believe my mother didn't know about this. One of the neighbors that we made friends with contacted us years later saying the people we sold the house to were getting ready to move as their son was reporting the same stories as my mother.
......As for graveyards, I worked in many during high school and never saw anything. It may sound stupid, but I have absolutely no fear of them. I have lived next to them for most of my life and find them to be the best neighbor's I have ever had. If I had the choice, I would love to live in one, but not on the graves, don't want a 'poltergeist house'.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:32 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,326 times
I have never seen a ghost. However we once operated a store in a historic area. Things would disapear and later reappear in an area where we had looked.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:19 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,188 times
When my little Shih Tzu Zachary was alive, he would always sleep in bed with me. The bed would bounce a bit when he jumped up on it and I would feel his footsteps and then feel him curl up against my back and go to sleep. At least a few dozen times since he passed away I have been lying in bed about to go to sleep when I feel the "bounce" of the bed and then I feel the plodding footsteps. Finally, I feel a pressure on my back. It really startled me the first few times it happened. Now I just look over my shoulder and say, "Goodnight Zack". I find it very comforting.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:53 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Witnessed a spirit of fear which brought great fear and came into my room when I slept and woke me up and I could see two eyes in the darkness and could not move by body , so I screamed many times `get out of my house ``....... I do not believe it was some one who died as it was not a ghost , but it was a spirit of this world which had some thought

Old 10-09-2016, 08:59 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
yes, I was sitting in my living room watching tv and out of the corner of my eye I saw an older woman in a housecoat walk from my bedroom into the hall and then go into the kitchen.. I was looking at her full on when she was walking through the hall. I could see she was tall and thin and practically solid. I could see she wore a housecoat with a design on it but the design appeared to be very faded so I couldn't see any definitive colors in it. Her housecoat came to the back of her calves and she had on backless slippers. I never saw her face. I jumped up off the sofa to follow her as I was yelling 'Can I help you? of all things.. She walked through the kitchen door just as I got there and then she just slowly disappeared and was gone. That was in my old house..

new house..

I had an incident in my upstairs hallway. The hallway was dark and the only light that was on was in my bedroom. I was calling the dog to get her into the bedroom before my cat snuck in. I'm allergic to cats so I can't let them in my bedroom because they like to sleep near my face. So, I'm calling the dog and telling her to run because I can see my black cat walking down the hall. I could see it plain as day from the little bit of light spilling out from the bedroom door. .. I'm watching the cat and trying to convince the dog to run so she makes it before the cat gets there but the dog was taking her sweet time and the cat was way ahead of her. I watched as the cat made it to the light of the bedroom door because I was getting ready to push it away, and by the time it got to the light spilling out of the bedroom doorway.. it just wasn't there anymore.

Originally I had 2 black cats but one died so when I saw the cat walking down the hall I just naturally assumed it was the only black cat I had.. but apparently it was her brother, my baby who I had to have put down because of kidney failure.

Then there was the guy in what appeared to be a black hoodie going into my bathroom which just happens to be off that same hall as where the ghost cat was. I thought the guy in the hoodie was a friend of my son's so I waited until he came out.. and I waited and watched and waited. I finally knocked on the door to see why he was taking so long and no one was in there. I asked my son's friend if he had gone into the bathroom and he said no. He also wasn't wearing a black hoodie.

WHAT? Are you sure this didn't happen in your dream? If I'm aware that I am home ALONE and "somebody" suddenly walks out from bedroom, I'd have difficulty grasping the scenario let alone asking "Can I help you"!

Old 10-09-2016, 09:57 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,312,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
WHAT? Are you sure this didn't happen in your dream? If I'm aware that I am home ALONE and "somebody" suddenly walks out from bedroom, I'd have difficulty grasping the scenario let alone asking "Can I help you"!
No, I wasn't dreaming. I don't drink or do drugs and wasn't doing any then either. I don't have any mental illnesses. It really happened. Seeing her shocked me too and I didn't give any thought to when I said 'can I help you? .. That was just the first thing that came out of my mouth as I ran after her. My first thought was that she had somehow gotten into the wrong house but there's no way she could have. I checked all the doors and they were all locked.

There was also a time where my son and I were standing in the hall right by my bedroom and he was asking me if he could go to church with his friend who was Catholic. So I told him sure but to remind me to give him money to put in the donation basket that they pass around at the church. As soon as I said that... a quarter came out of nowhere and landed gently on my son's chest. We both just looked at each other in shock, and I said I guess 'she' wants you to donate that to the church' so he brought that quarter with him and put it in the donation basket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal