Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 03:36 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,059,738 times

Advertisements

Scariest experience I ever had that involved a ghost.

I was dating this girl. After a few dates it got intimate and she said; "I'm not a virgin because we have a ghost who has sex with me."

That's frickin' scary as hell.
Not the ghost. The Girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 03:43 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,252,435 times
I believe several times I have felt or seen something. A shadow in the night? A cold feeling? I have no proof other than my own mental interpretations of those moments. I don't consider myself crazy or with deep rooted mental issues, but there's been nothing strong enough to make me believe my encounters were with an actual ghost/spirit.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:34 PM

25,719 posts, read 21,874,470 times
Yes. We were living in a small house built in the late 1800s. I had saw a few times a shadowy silhouette in the dining room moving around one side of the dining room table. I just sort of ignored it. After some time, I said to my husband, "We have a ghost." and he said "Yeah, I saw it."

It was the shadow of a small woman, much like many of the citizens of that particular town, dressed in a long dress. Basically, she was "light" in stature and just sort of swept through the air.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:03 PM

19,963 posts, read 30,070,196 times
yes I do believe,,,, I know for a fact there's spirits out there

Old 10-11-2016, 07:27 AM

98 posts, read 165,506 times
I have not seen a ghost, but something happened I cannot explain. I'm not convinced it's paranormal.

I was about 12 years old, and sitting at the top of the basement steps petting my cat. The stairs are straight steps down with a clear sight-line (no landings). The basement lights were on. Suddenly I saw a dark blur at the bottom of the steps and it was accompanied by a loud sand-papery noise. My immediate thought was "That was in my head" except, the very next thing I noticed was that my cat had stopped purring and had snapped to attention, staring down the basement steps. One side of the steps is a continuous wall, so nothing could have run past, it would have dead-ended into the wall.

I screamed for my dad, told him what I saw (he doubted me at first, but I told him that the cat saw it too and THEN he took me seriously) and he went downstairs with a knife. Of course there was nothing there, anywhere. No ways out of the basement either, just a door that was locked with a key still in it.

To this day I don't know what it was. It was much larger than a mouse, perhaps a raccoon, but why did we NEVER find an animal or even an animal carcass sometime later?

My parents still live in the house (have lived there since 1982) and it's the only questionable thing that's EVER happened there.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:13 AM

14 posts, read 18,582 times
We live in a 100 year-old house in Ohio. Never saw any human apparitions but my wife and I both occasionally see a cat.

It seems to come in waves. We'll see it repeatedly over a few days, then nothing for months on end. Repeat. Have probably seen it 8-10 times in the 16 years we've been living here.

Occasionally I'll mention having seen it again, and the missus will say something like, "Wow, you too! I saw it yesterday!".

We typically don't even mention it anymore as it's become pretty commonplace.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:23 AM

18,502 posts, read 15,417,056 times
No one can really be sure if it's a ghost or some other phenomenon, but I have had a few weird things happen.

The first one I'll share was after a very close friend of mine passed away. I lived only 10 minutes from the hospital. After they passed I walked home extremely distraught.

I went to my room, lay down on my bed, tears just streaming down my face. I then felt a hand squeeze my hand. I jumped up and gasped. Was it a dream? I hadn't fallen asleep as far as I know?

I guess I'll never be sure.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:08 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,116,257 times
Yes, I have.
We were staying at a supposedly haunted hotel in NH. It was the middle of the night and I saw the dark figure of a man, I took to be my husband headed for the bathroom walking past the bottom of the bed and around to my side of it. I raised up and looked when I first saw it, then I laid back down. I then extended my hand to my husbands side of the bed, and was surprised when I felt him laying there.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:35 PM

98 posts, read 165,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design52 View Post
We live in a 100 year-old house in Ohio. Never saw any human apparitions but my wife and I both occasionally see a cat.

It seems to come in waves. We'll see it repeatedly over a few days, then nothing for months on end. Repeat. Have probably seen it 8-10 times in the 16 years we've been living here.

Occasionally I'll mention having seen it again, and the missus will say something like, "Wow, you too! I saw it yesterday!".

We typically don't even mention it anymore as it's become pretty commonplace.
Wow, it's always the same cat? Is it just a glimpse, or does the cat come around to be petted? Do you ever find cat hair? So many questions!

Old 10-11-2016, 03:05 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,289,610 times
I did not experience visibly but there were two encounters I wouldn't dismiss for other explainations.

I was with my ex bf in a rented service apartment, can't recall was it first day we moved in or after. That night we were about to retire in bed and talking normal stuff, when suddenly a distinct sound interrupted us, instinctively we both went silent and looked at each other.
It was a very clear sound of someone sighing... right next to us. It took a moment before I asked if he heard it and he said yes, our innate reaction was to check the phone and it was well placed, we just knew the sound didn't come from next door or outside. We both knowingly didn't speak out any obvious thoughts and brushed it off that night. Later I refused to stay in the apartment anymore despite the 3 months lease.
I remember feeling rather uneasy and a strange stillness when first stepped into the apartment, there was a sense of "presence" like you're being watched" or something.

This happened when I was still teenager. Me and my friend were hanging out and walking through a quiet park late at night. Out of nowhere, we both smelled a scent of Jasmine flower passed by us. We looked around there was no frangipani trees and no one else was around, we just hurried our footsteps out of there. The chilling part of it is Jasmine scent or frangipani trees are said to be related with spirits.

Last edited by softcrunch; 10-11-2016 at 03:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal