U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 02:22 PM
zzd zzd started this thread

9 posts, read 8,614 times

Advertisements

If so what happened?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 05:13 PM

19,193 posts, read 22,881,720 times
Short answer: I don't know. I saw something once that I cannot explain.

Long answer: I was driving through a cemetery. Its layout was like a figure 8, and I was driving round the "bottom" of the 8. In the upper part of the 8 I saw a guy walking his dog in the middle of the cemetery. I looked back to the road in front of me to check my driving, and when I looked back half a second later, both man and dog were gone.

There were no huge monuments behind which they could have gone. They were far too far from the edge of the woods to have run into them in the half-second I looked away. So where did they go?

I don't know.

I emphasize: I had no ooky feelings prior to seeing them or after they disappeared. They were in no way transparent. They were not floating. The guy was not chanting and waving crystals. He was not dressed in any way unusual (jeans and a red T shirt actually). It was just a guy walking through the cemetery with his dog, who managed to completely disappear in half a second.

Ghost? Hallucination? I don't know. I have no explanation. Just explaining what I saw.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:20 PM

16,435 posts, read 19,850,295 times
I haven't personally seen one, but I have...experienced...one.
About 15 years ago, while enjoying my morning coffee and gazing at my backyard through the sliding glass door in my kitchen, I suddenly heard somebody running--with a very heavy tread--from one end of my second floor to the other. The rapid progression of noise was directly over my head.

I grabbed my largest butcher knife and stealthily headed upstairs. I opened every door and--as you probably expected--I found nothing. The most interesting part of that experience was that running in the trajectory directly above my head would have meant running through three walls and two closets, which--of course--would have been impossible for a living, breathing person. I had to conclude that this was some sort of spirit manifestation.

A couple of years later, a friend of mine was using one of my upstairs bathrooms, and he reported that, as he combed his hair, he saw a white spectral form reflected in the bathroom mirror, and this shook him up so much that he had to return home and cancel our planned activity. The area where he spied this white spectral form was in the same area where my earlier running "friend" had begun his/her activity.

In the aftermath of my friend's experience, he blessed my house with Holy Water from Lourdes, and he gave me a standing crucifix from Lourdes that I have left in the upper hallway of my house. Since that time, there have not been any further manifestations...thank God.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:30 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
34,136 posts, read 62,056,157 times
Once at my mothers house a few years ago. Probably a residual haunting. Sitting in the living room watching TV I caught a glimpse of a figure walking across the hall from the bathroom to the guest bedroom. I thought it was my Mom but there she was in the kitchen. I waited a few minutes then went and looked, including in the closet and no one was there. I never told her about it.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:40 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,088,716 times
Once I saw the ghost of my dog.

My DH and I had adopted two black ex-racing greyhounds who died within 10 weeks of each other. Their names were Audrey and Zorro. We then adopted another black greyhound and named him Travis. One night I was sitting in my den reading. The den door looked directly into our kitchen, where no lights were on. I glanced through the doorway and saw a black greyhound standing in the dark by the stove, about 10 feet from me. I said, "Travis, what's going on?" because it was unusual for him to be standing in the kitchen at that hour. I got up and saw that he wasn't there any more. I walked into the living room, and saw that he was lying on his dog bed, sound asleep. After I thought about it, I realized that I had not heard Travis's dog tags, which jingle loudly whenever he walks around; I had just suddenly seen this dog in my kitchen.

Also, this is kind of hard to describe well, but after both Audrey and Zorro had passed and we just had Travis, my DH and I would sometimes look at Travis's face and see Audrey's face instead. She had a very distinctive broad face that was unusual for a greyhound, and while Travis's face is absolutely what you think of with a greyhound, at times we would see her distinctive face sort of transposed over his. I'm intuitive, but my husband is not, and we both saw it many times for about a year after she passed.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:05 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,980,991 times
I drove past a cemetery in the country once when it was already dark out, and noticed some floating large "blobs" above a few of the old graves. Not sure what they were, as they didn't look like people to me...

The graves were old enough that there shouldn't have been any temperature changes between it and the air, and it wasn't foggy or extra humid out.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:33 PM

2,644 posts, read 1,657,652 times
yes, I was sitting in my living room watching tv and out of the corner of my eye I saw an older woman in a housecoat walk from my bedroom into the hall and then go into the kitchen.. I was looking at her full on when she was walking through the hall. I could see she was tall and thin and practically solid. I could see she wore a housecoat with a design on it but the design appeared to be very faded so I couldn't see any definitive colors in it. Her housecoat came to the back of her calves and she had on backless slippers. I never saw her face. I jumped up off the sofa to follow her as I was yelling 'Can I help you? of all things.. She walked through the kitchen door just as I got there and then she just slowly disappeared and was gone. That was in my old house..

new house..

I had an incident in my upstairs hallway. The hallway was dark and the only light that was on was in my bedroom. I was calling the dog to get her into the bedroom before my cat snuck in. I'm allergic to cats so I can't let them in my bedroom because they like to sleep near my face. So, I'm calling the dog and telling her to run because I can see my black cat walking down the hall. I could see it plain as day from the little bit of light spilling out from the bedroom door. .. I'm watching the cat and trying to convince the dog to run so she makes it before the cat gets there but the dog was taking her sweet time and the cat was way ahead of her. I watched as the cat made it to the light of the bedroom door because I was getting ready to push it away, and by the time it got to the light spilling out of the bedroom doorway.. it just wasn't there anymore.

Originally I had 2 black cats but one died so when I saw the cat walking down the hall I just naturally assumed it was the only black cat I had.. but apparently it was her brother, my baby who I had to have put down because of kidney failure.

Then there was the guy in what appeared to be a black hoodie going into my bathroom which just happens to be off that same hall as where the ghost cat was. I thought the guy in the hoodie was a friend of my son's so I waited until he came out.. and I waited and watched and waited. I finally knocked on the door to see why he was taking so long and no one was in there. I asked my son's friend if he had gone into the bathroom and he said no. He also wasn't wearing a black hoodie.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:51 PM

7,999 posts, read 3,707,700 times
This one was mine:

//www.city-data.com/forum/45196070-post16.html

I still just don't understand; who or why ...?

the strangest thing is that something about him was so ... familiar.

And the fact that he was seen NOT just by me but by Dena also. Such a strong "presence".

Old 10-07-2016, 08:00 PM

13,969 posts, read 12,902,528 times
If anybody should have the ability to turn up a ghost it should be the Ghost Hunters on the SyFy channel yet they are dismal failures. I've never seen anything genuine on there and I'm sure that if they did it would be all over the networks.

On the other hand there is stuff like this. Move the timebar to 2:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEVl0WkiIKI

Old 10-07-2016, 08:33 PM

10,350 posts, read 5,553,488 times
Nothing visual... but had two odd experiences with odors... once strong garlic in a hotel room and once cigar smoke in a 100+ year old house when I was there alone. Both creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal