Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 03:17 PM

125 posts, read 116,080 times

Advertisements

Hey!

How do I find a legit numerologist? I know there are some unscrupulous numerologists who claim to be numerologist experts but are only charlatans. I want to hire someone, not looking for free advise rather a professional.

What the best way to find someone reliable?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 03:24 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,443,944 times
Sorry but it's like finding a reputable witch Dr., waste of time and money!

Old 10-31-2016, 10:33 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Sorry but it's like finding a reputable witch Dr., waste of time and money!
One cannot become a witch doctor without a reputable reputation and extensive training from elder witch doctors. They are quite skilled and successful in what they do.
Did you mean snake oil salesman perhaps?
As for numerologists, there are those who are legit, best way to find is word of mouth, or join a forum like this that is totally focused on 'new age' spirituality.
Being a tarot reader, when the Internet became available and had budding social networks, I joined a forum focused on tarot. Due to the nature of the way of the cards, many people there did other things besides read cards. Some numbers, some palms, several studied astrology, tea leaf readers, and more. It was a plethora of genuine people who have done due diligence in the area of their interest and study.
I've not been to that forum in a long time, on any regular basis, so I could not say who is knowledgeable in numerology.
Maybe try joining a few new age spiritual groups on Facebook? Poke around and talk to different people until you find someone you click with.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:43 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
One cannot become a witch doctor without a reputable reputation and extensive training from elder witch doctors. They are quite skilled and successful in what they do.
Actually, I've read the techniques they use are similar to those used by mental health professionals -- and I believe there was a comparative study some years ago that showed that their success rate is similar. Meta-studies have shown that it's the relationship that makes the difference, not the specific techniques, years of training, or years of experience. Some people are just better than others at helping.

Old 11-03-2016, 02:58 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Why specifically a numerologist?

I would suggest that one type of divination is as good as the next one because it is the human who is doing the interpreting of the subtle energies and creating a picture of the information you can relate to.

Very much like a radio receiver takes radio waves from the air and translates those into sounds which make sense to us. So the person who has the ability to tune into the energies will translate them into language describing events we can understand.

If you need this help in your life, I feel it is better to learn to do this kind of thing for yourself and cut out the middle man numerologist who may not be such a good interpreter of whatever energies received.

Old 11-03-2016, 07:13 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
I am the best Witch Doctor in my parish. I do not have a "reputable reputation" as that is for pretenders. I do the real stuff and do not need to advertise. When people need me the spirits inform them and they either come see me and get treatment or they suffer.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:18 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I am the best Witch Doctor in my parish. I do not have a "reputable reputation" as that is for pretenders. I do the real stuff and do not need to advertise. When people need me the spirits inform them and they either come see me and get treatment or they suffer.
I'm calling your bluff... Witch Doctors don't advertise because there is just one to a tribe. Tribe...not parish.
They are not pretenders. The methods may not be modern (is that the real,stuff you speak of?), but they are methods that are centuries old....that does not mean that they are fake or ineffective.
witch doctor facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about witch doctor

Old 11-06-2016, 07:19 PM

997 posts, read 937,346 times
I would look that stuff up myself. I wouldn't pay a numerologist. I would get a book on numerology. It is just adding up numbers and you can do that.

Numerology is a technique, not a talent and you can probably find the information you seek on your own.

Tarot is a technique but a good tarot reader is able to understand how the cards combine and give a good reading that you can't get on a computerized site. the computerized readings are still good, but you don't have the expert interpreter to condense and consolidate.

That is the same with astrology. You can get most of what you need online for free, but you can't get the synthesis.

That may be so with numerology as well, but it doesn't seem as if there is so much to a personal reading. A book would give you information that you could use to assess number patterns on your own instead of relying on a consultant.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:50 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
I'm calling your bluff... Witch Doctors don't advertise because there is just one to a tribe. Tribe...not parish.
They are not pretenders. The methods may not be modern (is that the real,stuff you speak of?), but they are methods that are centuries old....that does not mean that they are fake or ineffective.
witch doctor facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about witch doctor
I think the Guard was trying to make an attempt at humor. Sitting back laughing in his/her computer chair, with his feet on the desk and his toes typing on the keyboard, while laughing. ( gloating) Must have had some positive energy in his day
yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post

Old 11-06-2016, 07:55 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0512ny View Post
Hey!

How do I find a legit numerologist? I know there are some unscrupulous numerologists who claim to be numerologist experts but are only charlatans. I want to hire someone, not looking for free advise rather a professional.

What the best way to find someone reliable?

Thanks
As far as the OP goes, I don't know what a numerologist is. I know my number is nine ( from numerology) and that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal