Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 03:45 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,020,053 times

Advertisements

Hello I was just browsing the web and came across a list of creepiest things that happened to you as a child it reminded me of when I was younger probably 3 -5 probably closer to 5 though. It seems like every night I would bring playing in the dining room, look to my left out the living room and front window and there would be a figure and something would draw me towards the window and then next thing I know i was in my bed and the same figure came to the opposite side of the house looking in my window and that would be it. It never happened at any other house and I feel like I have always remembered it happening every single night in the exact same way. I've always wondered what exactly happened. I think what happened is I had a 1 time nightmare that scared me so bad that it tricked my brain into thinking it was reoccurring. Or possibly it was a reoccurring nightmare but is that normal for a young kid? Maybe it was something else. Anyone ever had a similar experience or thoughts?

Last edited by Robertfchew; 11-05-2016 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: Errors from typing on phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 10:56 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,899,733 times
3-5 is right around the age where children outgrow infantile amnesia. My guess is that you might have had a nightmare in which you felt or thought "this has happened before" and now as an adult you're remembering the dreamed sense of deja vu. So I vote with the one time nightmare.

Children can have recurring nightmares at a young age, see:

What

Old 11-05-2016, 02:24 PM

102,062 posts, read 106,950,530 times
I don't understand, OP. You're description of this is as a real occurrence. But then suddenly you're talking about dreams. Do you recall this as actually occurring over and over, or do you recall it as a repetitive dream?

Old 11-05-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't understand, OP. You're description of this is as a real occurrence. But then suddenly you're talking about dreams. Do you recall this as actually occurring over and over, or do you recall it as a repetitive dream?

I remember it as actually happening over and over but I'm just thinking of other explanations that are more likely than anything paranormal or aliens or whatever. Either way it still gives me a weird feeling and im30 now

Old 11-05-2016, 04:56 PM

Well, the fact that one minute you were in the dining room, looking out, and the next minute you were in your bed, makes it sound like it must have been a dream. Because that wouldn't happen live, right? Or did it? Did you suddenly teleport from the dining room to your bed?

Old 11-06-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, the fact that one minute you were in the dining room, looking out, and the next minute you were in your bed, makes it sound like it must have been a dream. Because that wouldn't happen live, right? Or did it? Did you suddenly teleport from the dining room to your bed?
The whole thing seemed like one event not like a dream and then waking up. I guess teleporting is one way to put it but that makes it sound like I traveled in some other dimension which is definitely not what I thought. More like i felt it pulling me towards the window and then I would be in bed with the thing at the back window. I think it's crazy that I can remember it so clearly even thought it's been 25 years. I remember very few things from that age

Old 11-06-2016, 05:56 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,058,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
I remember it as actually happening over and over but I'm just thinking of other explanations that are more likely than anything paranormal or aliens or whatever. Either way it still gives me a weird feeling and im30 now
You mean like it was a peeping tom, and it scared the bejesus out of ya? Then as a reoccurring nightmare, or so traumatic that you had hallucinations? Have you asked your parents?

Old 11-07-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Have you asked your parents?
This. Did you say anything to your parents at the time, about something or someone staring through the various windows at you?

Old 11-13-2016, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
You mean like it was a peeping tom, and it scared the bejesus out of ya? Then as a reoccurring nightmare, or so traumatic that you had hallucinations? Have you asked your parents?
No I remember it as happening too quick to being a peeping tom. I may have saidsomething when I was a child but nothing ever came of it.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,073 times
I was 8 and my grandmother and my cousin came to visit. I had to sleep with my sister for my grandmother and my cousin slept in my room. So my mom and grandmother were in the kitchen having coffee. And my cousin,sisters, and dad were asleep. My mom came in to the room to check on me. And she left right after. When she closed the door, I put my head on my pillow and looked as my mom walked in to the kitchen,I could see from under the door. And I swear to god, I saw someone or something walk to the left under the door. And to the left under the door is just a closet that is for a furnace no one can fit there. Everyone was asleep except for my mom and grandmother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal