Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 10:39 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times

Advertisements

I used to work in home health care in the far flung rural areas. We had this older lady patient who lived in a trailer out in the woods and some of the other staff that visited her expressed concern that she reported a man moving into her place who she said followed her home from the grocery store one day.
She told one of the nurses that she was afraid of him and wanted him gone, so she called the sheriff on him. She told another nurse that she was in love with him and wanted him to move in permanently. We did not know what to think and supposedly her son was dealing with this man so we were not too concerned.
I went out to see her and she and I sat at her kitchen table talking. She told me that he had moved out because they'd had a fight and good riddance.
About that time I glanced over to the kitchen pantry door and saw an eyeball looking at me where the knob should have been. I didn't react or say a peep, but looked at my pager and said I had to leave now as there was an emergency that I had to deal with at another patient's home.
I left and headed for the nearest pay phone and called the sheriff's department. This was before cell phones.
They later reported that they arrested the guy. Turns out he was preying on senior women in the county, sexually and financially. The son later reported that he was sexual with his mom while cleaning out her bank account as well.
I never see a pantry door that I don't think about that and it was over 20 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 11:15 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
One that sticks out for me...

About a decade ago we bought an old house; it was on the National Historic register so we got the history to the place and found out the origional owner's 5 year old daughter had died there of illness in 1918 or so.

One day my wife and I were bored so we thought we would go to the city cemetary and look for the grave; it wasn't a huge cemetary but it wasn't exactly tiny and we had no clue where the girl was buried or if she was even buried there.

As we drove through the cemetary I just randomly stopped, got out of the car and literally walked straight to a little flat grave marker several plots in without looking at any of the other grave markers.

It was HER grave...out of the hundreds of plots I had somehow walked straight to it like I knew exactly where it was. I got chills and even a bit teary-eyed; the whole thing just creeped my wife out though.

A lot of strange things happened at that house... it's been a few years since we moved to another place that is pretty much paranormal-free and I almost miss spooky weirdness in my life.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:09 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
watching a possessed person have a facial,and voice change occur as prayers and bible readings were being said---attempted to engage me in conversation but i quickly left room

Old 11-20-2017, 12:36 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
I used to work in home health care in the far flung rural areas. We had this older lady patient who lived in a trailer out in the woods and some of the other staff that visited her expressed concern that she reported a man moving into her place who she said followed her home from the grocery store one day.
She told one of the nurses that she was afraid of him and wanted him gone, so she called the sheriff on him. She told another nurse that she was in love with him and wanted him to move in permanently. We did not know what to think and supposedly her son was dealing with this man so we were not too concerned.
I went out to see her and she and I sat at her kitchen table talking. She told me that he had moved out because they'd had a fight and good riddance.
About that time I glanced over to the kitchen pantry door and saw an eyeball looking at me where the knob should have been. I didn't react or say a peep, but looked at my pager and said I had to leave now as there was an emergency that I had to deal with at another patient's home.
I left and headed for the nearest pay phone and called the sheriff's department. This was before cell phones.
They later reported that they arrested the guy. Turns out he was preying on senior women in the county, sexually and financially. The son later reported that he was sexual with his mom while cleaning out her bank account as well.
I never see a pantry door that I don't think about that and it was over 20 years ago.
I couldn't have stayed calm like that, I probably would've screamed or started shaking and stammering if I saw an eye like that.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
I went partyi hoping with some friends when, from behind me in the van, a skunk ape began fondling me. Somehow I was dropped off at a park miles from home when the thing assaulted me, twice before I walked home. Couple weeks later my brother brought her home.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:43 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I was out for a stroll through the woods near a popular park. I saw a woman's purse on the ground, right next to a very large tree.

The purse looked perfectly clean and dry..I was puzzled who could have lost it or purposely placed it there. WTF?? I yelled out "hello" a few times, no one answered....

So, I picked it up and examined the contents. The wallet was still there, with driver's license, cards and all. The woman's first name was Andrea.

I decided to take it with me and return it to her address on the license, [just a few blocks away] but then in the middle of that plan, I got really spooked carrying it and ended up leaving it on a park bench for someone else to deal with it. It's an upscale park and I was sure it would get taken to the police or some lost and found.

A few days later I read an article in the local newspaper about Andrea. She had committed suicide in the park by hanging herself somehow from a high tree branch.
That is so so sad...

Old 11-20-2017, 12:55 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,100,245 times
^ that's a sad story!

My creepiest experience was visiting Valley Forge. I could hear wind whistling (it was a still day) and the "feeling" of dead soldiers around me. The hair on my neck stood up.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:45 PM

919 posts, read 609,505 times
The creepiest thing that ever happened to me, was when my son was born. My then MIL tried to give me a congratulatory kiss & hug. Uuggghhhh.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:43 AM

20 posts, read 15,612 times
This entire Mandela effect thing. Life changer to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal