Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 12:46 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times

Advertisements

I had quite a few, but this one comes to mind.
About 35 years ago my mom had just passed and I had been living with her in her last months of a terminal illness. After she died I began the painful process of cleaning out her house and part of that included going through drawers and file boxes and throwing stuff away.
One day I got a call from a man who said he had been one of my mom's doctors and he was calling to express his condolences. Now this was several months after her death, so I thought that odd.
I did not recognize his name but he went on to talk about my mom, her diagnosis, her surgeries, and even made reference to one of her other doctors.
Then he tells me that he knew how proud my mom must have been about me and made mention of my military service and my athletic abilities as a runner. He asked how my cat was doing and made small talk that made no sense.
It seemed ''too familiar'' that he would know some of these things about me or my mom and I started feeling creepy.
I ended the conversation in bewilderment and anxiety about who this man was and how he knew what he did.
Next day I called her main doctor and he said he'd never heard of this man. A call to the hospital where she died revealed the same. Now I was really freaking out.
I was talking to my neighbors a few days later about all this and one of them told me that they meant to call me and tell me something, but did not think much of it so had put off calling.
She was my neighbor who lived across the street and she had seen a man pull alongside my driveway on trash day and take my bags of trash!
She figured he was a ''treasure hunter'' and thought nothing of it until she heard my story.
Turns out it finally made the most bizarre sense. He'd gone through a trash bag containing old medical bills of my mom's, military papers belonging to me, vet bills for my cat, and old issues of Runner's World with my name on them!
Why he called and impersonated a doctor and so forth was a mystery, but it got reported to the police.
Turns out he'd been seen doing this around town with other families and they were trying to catch him in the act.
Don't know if they ever caught him but it sure creeped me out!
This was before shredding machines became popular but I began burning old papers in the BBQ pit after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 04:43 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,951,681 times
That's definitely creepy, but I don't think it qualifies for Unexplained Mysteries & Paranormal.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:55 AM

Well it was never explained as to who and why this man did what he did. It was very ''creepy''.
But for the literal-minded, here's another, also related to my mom's passing...
A year after her death I moved out of state to go to graduate school. I rented an apartment in an old house near campus in the student district.
This was the mid-80s, long before Google and my name was not in any local phone book. Only a few close friends and distant family had my landline phone number or even knew I had moved out of state. I didn't know anyone yet in my new location.
One night the phone rang. I picked it up and a woman's voice said, ''I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I just wanted to let you know.''
Before I could say another word she hung up!
What??!!

Old 11-14-2016, 07:36 AM

51 posts, read 43,707 times
i have two stories and my parents witnessed them firsthand too. other people look at me like i am cray cray though lol

when i was a kid, i think i was 10 yrs old not sure. my parents moved to another city, to be closer to family. we ended up staying in the top floor of a block of very grimy flats.
There were 3 bedrooms in total. my bedroom, my parents bedroom and the spare. my mum only liked guests to stay in that room but we hadn't any guests so i asked if i could sleep in it just for one night. i was super syked when she said yes.

now onto the creepy part lol
so it was around 8pm id say and i was snuggling up in the big double bed in the spare room while my parents were in the living room watching tv. i was so comfy and happy and just about to drift off when i heard breathing in the room.
it came from the left side, it was slow... and deep. almost like struggling to breath. i sat up and stared at the corner of the room and the breathing got closer, and louder and closer... and louder... it stopped for a second and i thought i am just tired. but the breathing then was RIGHT NEXT to my ear that i could almost feel something beside me. i ran out the bedroom screaming and crying for my parents. they checked the room and nothing was there, no windows were half open, no wind at all in fact. my mum said it's probably a bug to which i responded which bug would breathe right in my damn ear. they couldn't find anything at all. but it def freaked my parents out. i just try forget it happened it's easier than being scared and paranoid every night i might hear it again lol

sure... that sounds creepy on it's own. but it was after something far more strange happened when i was just a little girl. i was 5 years old, i had a crush on a guy and he was walking behind me and my mum on the way home. my next door neighbours son was walking with us too, he kept bashing into me making me fall into bushes and i was so embarrassed and angry. when i got home i shouted to my mum. i hope he dies i hate him, i hate him i want him to die, i want him to get run over. my mum said you don't mean that, you are just angry. i said I DO. (i was very angry however i never meant anything by it because i was too young and stupid)

the next night people were parading around with signs outside our house on the roads. the signs read "slow down" "take responsibility and slow down" i never in my life expected to find out my next door neighbours son had been run over. right in from of our house.
my mum keeps telling me it's all coincidence. but it's some fking freaky coincidence if you ask me. ever since i have had bad fortune when it comes to people/relationships. i told my friends mom since she used to be into ghost hunting and stuff, she laughed and said "it sounds like you made a deal with the devil or something"

i have tortured my mind over it all, but sometimes things ARE just coincidences... but who knows

Last edited by BrokenHeartSleepingMind; 11-14-2016 at 08:54 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 07:33 PM

924 posts, read 751,852 times
Not sure how "creepy" this would seem to other people, but back when I still lived in my apartment, I remember one day when I kept hearing "Mom" in what sounded like my daughter's voice.......but it was coming from one of my cats.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:40 PM

Talking about hearing someone breathing in the room at night, reminds of an incident about 10 years ago.
I was lying in bed in the dark, not yet asleep, and for some reason I just sat up. As soon as I sat up I felt a puff of air directly in my face and distinctly heard a ''pfft'' sound.
Freaked me out.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:04 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,077,573 times
One of the creepiest experiences I ever had was accidently clicking on the politics subforum.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:06 AM

51 posts, read 43,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
One of the creepiest experiences I ever had was accidently clicking on the politics subforum.
lmao

Old 11-15-2016, 10:29 AM

1,180 posts, read 777,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I had quite a few, but this one comes to mind.
About 35 years ago my mom had just passed and I had been living with her in her last months of a terminal illness. After she died I began the painful process of cleaning out her house and part of that included going through drawers and file boxes and throwing stuff away.
One day I got a call from a man who said he had been one of my mom's doctors and he was calling to express his condolences. Now this was several months after her death, so I thought that odd.
I did not recognize his name but he went on to talk about my mom, her diagnosis, her surgeries, and even made reference to one of her other doctors.
Then he tells me that he knew how proud my mom must have been about me and made mention of my military service and my athletic abilities as a runner. He asked how my cat was doing and made small talk that made no sense.
It seemed ''too familiar'' that he would know some of these things about me or my mom and I started feeling creepy.
I ended the conversation in bewilderment and anxiety about who this man was and how he knew what he did.
Next day I called her main doctor and he said he'd never heard of this man. A call to the hospital where she died revealed the same. Now I was really freaking out.
I was talking to my neighbors a few days later about all this and one of them told me that they meant to call me and tell me something, but did not think much of it so had put off calling.
She was my neighbor who lived across the street and she had seen a man pull alongside my driveway on trash day and take my bags of trash!
She figured he was a ''treasure hunter'' and thought nothing of it until she heard my story.
Turns out it finally made the most bizarre sense. He'd gone through a trash bag containing old medical bills of my mom's, military papers belonging to me, vet bills for my cat, and old issues of Runner's World with my name on them!
Why he called and impersonated a doctor and so forth was a mystery, but it got reported to the police.
Turns out he'd been seen doing this around town with other families and they were trying to catch him in the act.
Don't know if they ever caught him but it sure creeped me out!
This was before shredding machines became popular but I began burning old papers in the BBQ pit after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
That's definitely creepy, but I don't think it qualifies for Unexplained Mysteries & Paranormal.
The Internet makes this so much easier now.

That guy was a CREEPER!

^^ Did this happen in NJ?

Old 11-15-2016, 06:18 PM

No, Kentucky in the mid-1980s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal