U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 11:23 AM

1,783 posts, read 1,233,631 times

Advertisements

Affixing a large brim to one's tin-foil hat will help prevent aerially dispersed: chemicals/nano-bots/molecular RFIDs from settling on the wearer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 11:48 AM

13,773 posts, read 22,411,017 times
As a response to several poster on this transferred thread, I'm going to say this once... the term "tin foil hat" is actually very dismissive and disrespectful. It's used to denigrate belief systems.

We aren't going to do that on this forum. Totally allowed to say "you're wrong here's why", but stop with the tin foil hat thing. And if it doesn't stop...fair warning, there will repercussions.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:31 PM

1,783 posts, read 1,233,631 times
I apologize for my above post. I thought I was being funny but without really thinking it through. I will show restraint of keyboard in the future.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
I apologize for my above post. I thought I was being funny but without really thinking it through. I will show restraint of keyboard in the future.
Thank you...and you weren't the only one to use it, so it wasn't directed at you.

I do my best to keep this safer environment for people who hold non standard beliefs. I can't completely make it strife free, as disagreement is what fosters discussion and this is a discussion forum.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:46 PM

12,423 posts, read 7,321,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
As a response to several poster on this transferred thread, I'm going to say this once... the term "tin foil hat" is actually very dismissive and disrespectful. It's used to denigrate belief systems.

We aren't going to do that on this forum. Totally allowed to say "you're wrong here's why", but stop with the tin foil hat thing. And if it doesn't stop...fair warning, there will repercussions.
The term "tin foil hat" is just used for people who believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories, I fail to see how it is disrespectful...

And as for being "dismissive" it is also dismissive to completely ignore factual information...

Old 01-20-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
The term "tin foil hat" is just used for people who believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories, I fail to see how it is disrespectful...

And as for being "dismissive" it is also dismissive to completely ignore factual information...
Because this is the board where those "ridiculous conspiracy theories", your words, not mine, are talked about and possibly believed.

Here, on this forum, as moderator I am supposed to prevent personal attacks. Here, on this board the use of "tin foil hat" is considered a personal attack.

As for dismissing science... some people do. But, you can call them on it without a personal attack. I'm pretty smart. I know the difference.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:44 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,780,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post

If you read back among the posts in this discussion, you will find one that is factual in regards to chemtrails and thier existence. So who is ignoring what?

The term 'conspiracy theory' does not equate to 'ridiculous'... While many may seem far fetched, end up being true. Conspiracy Theories that Turned Out to be True - Criminal Justice Degree Hub

Just because you find something ridiculous does not make it so, that is your opinion.

Here is a fact... I live in rural America. Very few commercial planes fly overhead, there is no nearby military base. What flight paths there are, are at a very high altitude and are always the same. The contrails are always very short and disperse as quickly as they are formed.
The sky is always clean and clear, the air is warm and still.....until....
Other low flying planes zig zag, criss-cross and make U-turns (what commercial planes do that!?). The trail they leave behind stays for hours, it slowly widens, the winds kick up within (almost to the mark) 90 minutes, and for three days after the sky has an ugly colored overcasting. It's not normal. I have lived in this area for 25 years and this was not happening until about 6 years ago and as time went on, it was occurring more and more.
People in other parts of my state have tested the water and the soil and have found contaminates.

Now...maybe it is just coincidence, but in 2016 the sky was free of this criss-cross mess...
Let's look back...around 2010, the oddness in the sky started, we did not know it, but the following year would begin the 5 year stretch of ever progressing dry and dryer winters...ah, the California draught! No spraying for a year? Now look! We are having an almost normal amount of rain fall... As they say.
However....from my experience, this is a good, but mild winter compared to what they had been like prior to any weirdness filling the sky.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:48 AM

19,305 posts, read 25,972,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
If you read back among the posts in this discussion, you will find one that is factual in regards to chemtrails and thier existence. So who is ignoring what?

The term 'conspiracy theory' does not equate to 'ridiculous'... While many may seem far fetched, end up being true. Conspiracy Theories that Turned Out to be True - Criminal Justice Degree Hub

Just because you find something ridiculous does not make it so, that is your opinion.

Here is a fact... I live in rural America. Very few commercial planes fly overhead, there is no nearby military base. What flight paths there are, are at a very high altitude and are always the same. The contrails are always very short and disperse as quickly as they are formed.
The sky is always clean and clear, the air is warm and still.....until....
Other low flying planes zig zag, criss-cross and make U-turns (what commercial planes do that!?). The trail they leave behind stays for hours, it slowly widens, the winds kick up within (almost to the mark) 90 minutes, and for three days after the sky has an ugly colored overcasting. It's not normal. I have lived in this area for 25 years and this was not happening until about 6 years ago and as time went on, it was occurring more and more.
People in other parts of my state have tested the water and the soil and have found contaminates.

Now...maybe it is just coincidence, but in 2016 the sky was free of this criss-cross mess...
Let's look back...around 2010, the oddness in the sky started, we did not know it, but the following year would begin the 5 year stretch of ever progressing dry and dryer winters...ah, the California draught! No spraying for a year? Now look! We are having an almost normal amount of rain fall... As they say.
However....from my experience, this is a good, but mild winter compared to what they had been like prior to any weirdness filling the sky.
wasnt the water-supply in severe jeopardy if no rain??

ive seen some zig zag lately too.... thought it was some sort of wind up there pushing the trails......
i should start taking pictures of these...

Old 01-22-2017, 06:32 AM

5,889 posts, read 4,566,154 times
Like I said, cloud seeding doesn't work. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_...#Effectiveness

Old 01-22-2017, 10:01 PM

12,445 posts, read 12,452,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
If you read back among the posts in this discussion, you will find one that is factual in regards to chemtrails and thier existence. So who is ignoring what?...
And I pointed-out that the contrails produced by Allied bombers in WWII persisted for days and actually produced cloud cover (a well-documented phenomenon).

Here's a NASA site explaining the various types of contrails...
Contrail Science
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
View detailed profiles of: