U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 AM

906 posts, read 647,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So you've read all the documents from the U.S. government as well as listened to the testimony given at the UN and then checked all the companies that offer weather modification services to ensure that they are on fact real companies? And then verified the information again just to be sure, with the Weather Modification Association?

No, of course not. It's easier to make fun of people than look at the truth.

BTW: Why would an airport allow plans to have flights plans where they criss-cross each other within aminute, increasing the chance of an accident all day long? And if they are in fact REAL flight plans, what do they differ every single day? The pattern should be the same most days. Ask a pilot friend about how flights are scheduled and IF that type of crosshatching pattern of domestic flights is allowed. Or makes sense in any way.
I am a pilot. Been on the 73 for a decade. Perhaps you could do a google search on air traffic separation standards. Yes, it's allowed. Yes, our flight plans frequently are similar but they change often based on what the weather conditions are that day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 10:44 AM

29,467 posts, read 28,511,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Because this is the board where those "ridiculous conspiracy theories", your words, not mine, are talked about and possibly believed.

Here, on this forum, as moderator I am supposed to prevent personal attacks. Here, on this board the use of "tin foil hat" is considered a personal attack.

As for dismissing science... some people do. But, you can call them on it without a personal attack. I'm pretty smart. I know the difference.
I love the movie Signs. I'm pretty smart, too.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:32 PM

11,482 posts, read 3,678,746 times
I love when people are given links to government documents and UN hearings that discuss topics, say like chemtrails and weather modification, and instead of going to the links and verifying the information for themselves, they just tell every one they are crazy. As if the gov't docs are made up and UN briefings never happen.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:53 PM

5,890 posts, read 4,567,704 times
Quote:
I love when people are given links to government documents and UN hearings that discuss topics, say like chemtrails and weather modification, and instead of going to the links and verifying the information for themselves, they just tell every one they are crazy. As if the gov't docs are made up and UN briefings never happen.
I've gone back through all the posts on this thread, and I don't see anything linking to a UN hearing or government document. Was that in a different thread (I've placed a few in this forum on my ignore list so that could be the reason I'm not seeing it)?

Old 01-26-2017, 06:45 AM

21,732 posts, read 19,486,182 times
Just why are the uber rich building all those doomsday bunkers.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 01-26-2017 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: I really did mean it about tin foil hats....

Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Well, being uber rich and powerful doesn't make you immune from nutty thinking. It certainly didn't keep Howard Hughes from going off the deep end.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 01-26-2017 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Removing tin foil hat.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:20 AM

68,571 posts, read 63,831,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Who is building doomsday bunkers? Honest question.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 01-26-2017 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: Removing tin foil hat...

Old 01-26-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Who is building doomsday bunkers? Honest question.
See:

Forbes Welcome

Regarding the rich being onto something -- I made a good amount of money helping companies get ready for Y2K back in the day, and that was a complete fizzle. There were plenty of wealthy and educated people who were convinced the sky was falling. It didn't.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:25 AM

11,482 posts, read 3,678,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I've gone back through all the posts on this thread, and I don't see anything linking to a UN hearing or government document. Was that in a different thread (I've placed a few in this forum on my ignore list so that could be the reason I'm not seeing it)?
Nope right in this thread. Pretty obvious, too.

There are weather modification companies. There is even a Weather Modification Association.
Weather Modification Association

I mean, really, people. Open your eyes instead of making fun of other people.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Nope right in this thread. Pretty obvious, too.
If you mean the Project Cumulus nonsense linked in post 4, see:

Philip Eden: Lynmouth Flood man-made? | weatheronline.co.uk

Regarding the links you posted, the second one is a government paper from 1966. I'll quote it here:

Quote:
Over the past twenty years experiments have been conducted on weather modification, particularly on the effects of seedinq- clouds with such materials as silver iodide crystals. The results are limited.
Under suitable circumstances it has been possible to augment precipitation by ten to twenty percent, and to reduce the frequency of fire-producing lightning strokes. Effects on hail production have been noted, sometimes suppression and sometimes augmentation. These results probably would be of only passing interest were it not for the potential importance to mankind of further progress in this field.
In other words, in 1966 they knew weather modification is ineffective but they looked forward to "further progress in this field". Translation: researchers need more money and grants.

Regarding the Rosalind Peterson video linked in one of the pages you linked, see:

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-ro...neering.t3514/

[/quote]There are weather modification companies. There is even a Weather Modification Association.
Weather Modification Association[/quote]

Right. I've actually taken a graduate level weather modification class, co-taught by one of the big names in the field, Dr. Joanne Simpson (since deceased) at the University of Virginia in 1976 or 1977. The instructors did their best to convince us graduate students there was something to weather modification, but none of the data from the experiments was convincing at all (including experiments that followed the above paper's publication). We came away from the class convinced that the effects were not worth the investment in weather modification.

The Weather Modification Association runs sponsored experiments. They're not a company you call if you need rain in your town or your farm. If weather modification were reliable and effective, you'd see a Weather Mod Squad rushing to drought areas to do their thing. The long California drought ended because of natural processes, not because weather modification techniques were used to end it.

Quote:
I mean, really, people. Open your eyes instead of making fun of other people.
I've made fun of no one in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
View detailed profiles of: